They're striving to fix it in many of the wrong ways. Delaying game launches is a good one, I will give them that. The formula isn't that hard, they are looking in the wrong places.
- The game should be $60 or less for everything. Ever. For the entire life of the game.
- Work on making it work, not on maps. Most people only really fancy a few maps, so focus on making it really fun to play those, not crappy to play on a bunch.
- No shortcuts, no paid-cheats, no in-app purchases, and no damn premium. Telling players that those who payed you more money are better than you is the worst thing you can do ever. Letting players cut line because they paid you more. How do people get scammed into this crap? Well, I guess I did because all my friends did. And that just shows you, if it makes them money, they don't care how many people it pisses off.
- Did I mention fix the game? There is no reason for you guys to super buff tv missiles, the break them and then leave them broken because you didn't want to look bad by having to change them a third time. So jsut leave them broken why don't you.
- Don't go backwards. When you have serverside netcode in bf2, why go backwards?
- Keep supporting and fixing your games.
That's pretty much it. Look at valve tf2. That game is so highly polished you can see you reflection. Beta modes and maps are more stable than bf3 4 years after release. When you shoot someone in tf2, you know it. The game will even tell you how much damage you caused instantly. Unlike battlefield where a gun that takes four shots to kill takes 25 because you've shot 25 by the time the first four register and the guy actually dies.