Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] MSI X99S/A Motherboard Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI X99S/A Motherboard Owners Club - Page 205

post #2041 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiHi76 View Post

Hello,

i've just switched from RVE to the Godlike. With the RVE i received the cpu overvoltage error after adjusting the ram divider.

For my peace of my mind i decided to change the MB.

Now i'm playing around with the Godlike, but there a few things that i don't understand.

1. The MB doesn't beep after a successfull boot. Is that normal?
2. It boots twice when it's cold. Why?
3. What is Ring OC1-OC2,OC3 voltage?

I solved all problems. Only the beep issue/question is not solved.
Does MSI-Boards beep at normal post?

I' ve found some interesting infos about Ring OC2 auto rules.
http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=419178&postcount=112
post #2042 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiHi76 View Post

I solved all problems. Only the beep issue/question is not solved.
Does MSI-Boards beep at normal post?

I' ve found some interesting infos about Ring OC2 auto rules.
http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=419178&postcount=112
My board doesn't beep either, but I haven't had a speaker connected in four years, so I am not sure if the motherboards do still beep. The debug LED should have made the beeping redundant?

Yeah, "double" boot here aswell, I have an X99A MPower. Not sure what the deal is.
post #2043 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercat View Post

hey

Hey…

Who in here is using the “Aquaero 6 XT blue USB fan controller, graphic LCD, touch control, IR remote control" to control pump and fan. Actually just pump for now...

I'm asking because I hive a small problem with pump...

When I use CPU1 header to control the pump, it doesn’t keep any setting that apply. It return back to default, using MSI Command center even when i save a profile setting.

The pump I’m using is EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. pump.

The EK-D5 ( PWM Response ) 1450 to 4800 PWM, When use CPU1 or CPU2 header I hive to just it manually set temp to 40c/50% 50C/60% 60c/75%, Which it does work as the temp rise to 55c the pump speed up 2400 to 3348 which it supposed to.

What it doing is when play games temp seat about 51c to 54c and the MSI command center reset back to default 30c/35% 40c /45% which make pump drop speed to 1450 and temp on cpu rise 60c to 75c and command center doesn’t just itself to speed up the pump,

I hive to go in msi command center and just temp manually and raise 50%/45c and them the pump speed up and temp on cpu drop back to 49c/51c.

“So try use the Aquaero 6 xt to control the pump, but doesn’t work. I no that it’s not a Aquaero Pump. But D5 pump do work. And hive tested the pump in difference speed. So I no the pump is working fine.”

On any fan header that are PWM control. The max speed I get 2000 PWM, no matter what configuration I set to, it stay at 2000 PWM. I so have a powerjusted 3 ultra, but doesn’t hive PWM to control the pump. Only speed senor. The EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM has fore wire's power 12v and one yellow and one blue.

The blue wire = speed control
The yellow wire = speed senor

Can anyone please shed some light on this matter?

How to setup this stupid pump...

Its working fine with CPU1 or CPU2 header and MSI command center, BUT I hive to go in there manually to just the temp/speed. Every time boot the system.

Thanks
Not sure if I understand you correctly, you went quite a bit back and forth...

If you want fan settings to stick with the CPU1/CPU2 header I would definitely apply the settings in the BIOS, not in CommandCenter.

As for the D5 pump with the Aquaero, it is a well known issue. You need to modify the PWM connector, have a look in the Aquaero thread here on the forums. Search for Diva mod.
post #2044 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvamme View Post

My board doesn't beep either, but I haven't had a speaker connected in four years, so I am not sure if the motherboards do still beep. The debug LED should have made the beeping redundant?

Yeah, "double" boot here aswell, I have an X99A MPower. Not sure what the deal is.


Yes, beeping is redundant. It's not a must have for me, but i've to know if it's a bug or a feature.

Double boot is gone since i adjusted the RAM correctly. With RAM on auto i get the double boot.
post #2045 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiHi76 View Post

Double boot is gone since i adjusted the RAM correctly. With RAM on auto i get the double boot.
Could be that the board is auto adjusting the ram settings on the first boot and verifying that they work before launching the proper boot. Something like ASUS's MemOK! function, except that it runs on every cold boot.
post #2046 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical View Post

Do you know when this is suppose to hit the shelves?

Thanks

No clue. But I want it. Really love those reinforced pcie slots. And I just switched everything to all black. So this would be great.
post #2047 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvamme View Post

Just setup UEFI boot, then you'll get a nice, clean black background with an MSI logo on. You might have to reinstall Windows, but for me it was well worth it. Also, boot times are vastly improved when I switched to UEFI.

Right now it's the default UEFI+Legacy. So you're saying switching to UEFI only gets rid of it. Can't I just switch to UEFI in the bios without reinstalling windows? I may not have this sli plus much longer. I'm liking that godlike carbon (even though the sli plus is only 3 weeks old and I'll have a Krait too-I can't stop buying hardware)
post #2048 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMatthewStewart View Post

Right now it's the default UEFI+Legacy. So you're saying switching to UEFI only gets rid of it. Can't I just switch to UEFI in the bios without reinstalling windows? I may not have this sli plus much longer. I'm liking that godlike carbon (even though the sli plus is only 3 weeks old and I'll have a Krait too-I can't stop buying hardware)
Yeah, switching to UEFI only (or activating the Windows 8/8.1 mode or what ever it's called) gets rid of it. You might have to reinstall Windows, depending on how you installed Windows in the first place. If windows was installed in UEFI mode, you should be good. If not, you'll have to reinstall. Quick way to try it out. If it doesn't work, just reverse the switch in the BIOS.
post #2049 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvamme View Post

Yeah, switching to UEFI only (or activating the Windows 8/8.1 mode or what ever it's called) gets rid of it. You might have to reinstall Windows, depending on how you installed Windows in the first place. If windows was installed in UEFI mode, you should be good. If not, you'll have to reinstall. Quick way to try it out. If it doesn't work, just reverse the switch in the BIOS.

Small correction: The option responsible for the MSI boot logo is the "Full screen logo display" option. Without it enabled, you get a lower-res Windows UEFI splash screen.
post #2050 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvamme View Post

Could be that the board is auto adjusting the ram settings on the first boot and verifying that they work before launching the proper boot. Something like ASUS's MemOK! function, except that it runs on every cold boot.



Lookie what I found in the BIOS. MSI is calling it memory training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiWandi View Post

Small correction: The option responsible for the MSI boot logo is the "Full screen logo display" option. Without it enabled, you get a lower-res Windows UEFI splash screen.
Alright, gotcha. That option disappeared when I selected the Windows 8/8.1 option, so it could be related. Thanks for the headsup!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] MSI X99S/A Motherboard Owners Club