Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] MSI X99S/A Motherboard Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI X99S/A Motherboard Owners Club - Page 207

post #2061 of 3119
did ya check if everything is plugged in fully? ifnot try reseating i did notice some off the connectors where a pain in the arse when i did my watercooling loop install (corsair 110i gtx (yes yes i know it's frowned upon it's the best i could have with the budget for now))
post #2062 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post

did ya check if everything is plugged in fully? ifnot try reseating i did notice some off the connectors where a pain in the arse when i did my watercooling loop install (corsair 110i gtx (yes yes i know it's frowned upon it's the best i could have with the budget for now))

Mmm i disconnected and reconnected the hub and it stopped hanging (although the hub adds 1-2 seconds to post time so as i have twice the USB ports as my old PC i've mothballed it until I get a decent USB 3 hub tongue.gif)

Here's hoping it was a one time thing -.-

Also there's nothing wrong with using AIO coolers, I used to have an H80 but went back to air cooling because of pump noise... tongue.gif
post #2063 of 3119
Ok yeah the 9C hang came back again. This is with my USB hub disconnected...might be the webcam, i'm gonna try replace that.

Today I also learned that the CPU2 fan header can't control 3 pin fans. Oh well smile.gif
post #2064 of 3119
bleets just try running with the absolute minimum to boot ie 1 hdd / ssd (unless raid ofc) 1 vid card and 1 screen if that still causes issues it might be either ram or if you haven't plugged in the extra power connector on the board the cpu sucking too much juice for one connection (though it's unlikely but you never know)

hell it could even be the cpu needing more volts in sa agent
post #2065 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post

bleets just try running with the absolute minimum to boot ie 1 hdd / ssd (unless raid ofc) 1 vid card and 1 screen if that still causes issues it might be either ram or if you haven't plugged in the extra power connector on the board the cpu sucking too much juice for one connection (though it's unlikely but you never know)

hell it could even be the cpu needing more volts in sa agent

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=263610.0

9C is definitely USB detect tongue.gif
post #2066 of 3119
Got myself a a MSI X99a MPOWER and loving it got my 5820k at 4.4 with 1.25v only using a Phanteks ph-tc14pe so don't want to push it too far also what's the safe recommended voltage for Haswell e il assume Temps should be below 85c I'm currently mid 60s under full load.
post #2067 of 3119
Another question for you guys, can the audio led trace be switched on?
post #2068 of 3119





I've been searching for the damn picture with all of the available pci lanes for this motherboard. The whole point of me buying a 40lane cpu was so I could have the ability to run 2 x16 cards, while having the m2 running at x4 and an intel 750 running at it's native x4 speed as well.

Unfortunately pci slot 3 is cancelled out when running two cards in 1 and 4 which really is the only other place you can put the intel drive. Once you shove anything in pci 5 it slows down the m2 to x2. While the random reads and writes don't seem to be affected at all the 4k read and write speed take a huge performance hit on the m2.

I'm a little bummed about it, I'm not about to strip the system down and watercool the gpu's just to get them a slot closer to each other at x8 as I feel some other bs will pop up as a hurdle and at this point I think I've spent enough money on this build.

I did manage to overclock the machine to 4.2Ghz at 1.3 volts but it was just running too hot for comfort, it's easily running all of the ram at pc 3000 per it's XMP profile while bumping the cpu to 3.7 so I can't really complain. The system benches great still, but those major reads and writes would've been done while using photoshop and premiere.

Hence my disappointment there really isn't any solution to my predicament.
post #2069 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by om1kron View Post






I've been searching for the damn picture with all of the available pci lanes for this motherboard. The whole point of me buying a 40lane cpu was so I could have the ability to run 2 x16 cards, while having the m2 running at x4 and an intel 750 running at it's native x4 speed as well.

Unfortunately pci slot 3 is cancelled out when running two cards in 1 and 4 which really is the only other place you can put the intel drive. Once you shove anything in pci 5 it slows down the m2 to x2. While the random reads and writes don't seem to be affected at all the 4k read and write speed take a huge performance hit on the m2.

I'm a little bummed about it, I'm not about to strip the system down and watercool the gpu's just to get them a slot closer to each other at x8 as I feel some other bs will pop up as a hurdle and at this point I think I've spent enough money on this build.

I did manage to overclock the machine to 4.2Ghz at 1.3 volts but it was just running too hot for comfort, it's easily running all of the ram at pc 3000 per it's XMP profile while bumping the cpu to 3.7 so I can't really complain. The system benches great still, but those major reads and writes would've been done while using photoshop and premiere.

Hence my disappointment there really isn't any solution to my predicament.
Sorry to hear. That PCIe Lane allocation is a real pain in the ass sometimes. I really wish it was possible to manually choose which slots should have what amount of lanes. Obviously the motherboard "could" support it as it would work in other configurations.
post #2070 of 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by om1kron View Post






I've been searching for the damn picture with all of the available pci lanes for this motherboard. The whole point of me buying a 40lane cpu was so I could have the ability to run 2 x16 cards, while having the m2 running at x4 and an intel 750 running at it's native x4 speed as well.

Unfortunately pci slot 3 is cancelled out when running two cards in 1 and 4 which really is the only other place you can put the intel drive. Once you shove anything in pci 5 it slows down the m2 to x2. While the random reads and writes don't seem to be affected at all the 4k read and write speed take a huge performance hit on the m2.

I'm a little bummed about it, I'm not about to strip the system down and watercool the gpu's just to get them a slot closer to each other at x8 as I feel some other bs will pop up as a hurdle and at this point I think I've spent enough money on this build.

I did manage to overclock the machine to 4.2Ghz at 1.3 volts but it was just running too hot for comfort, it's easily running all of the ram at pc 3000 per it's XMP profile while bumping the cpu to 3.7 so I can't really complain. The system benches great still, but those major reads and writes would've been done while using photoshop and premiere.

Hence my disappointment there really isn't any solution to my predicament.

Have you actually tried putting the 750 in slot 3?
It should work, there's no reason why it wouldn't.

And yes slot 5 is out of the question for the M.2, there's usually a bandwidth share on X99 boards, at least with MSI, so that if that slot is in use it switches to the chipset lanes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] MSI X99S/A Motherboard Owners Club