Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › IN WIN S-Frame Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IN WIN S-Frame Owners Club - Page 34

post #331 of 355
Hey guys, hoping you guys can help me out here.

so i picked up the Thermaltake Water 3.0 and the pump is driving me crazy. It makes a constant clicking noise , and other than this noise my pc is completely quiet. It is very noticeable, and is definitely coming from the pump.

I did some research online and many people have stated that it is probably an air bubble trapped in the pump. So i tried all the suggested fixes. Letting the pc run on its side, taking the rad out and shaking it, tapping the pump. I've also read that the noise should stop after a while, once the air is cleared out. However, it has been about 5 days and it is still occurring. I have even tried resetting the pump in multiple directions, when i do this the noise will be gone for a while but will come back within an hour.

I then came to find out that you want to have your rad above the pump as all the air bubbles will become trapped in the pump if the rad is at the bottom. So is water cooling not possible with this case, without having to deal with the noise? I see that some of you have water cooling in your cases, is this an issue for you?

post #332 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnikx View Post

Hey guys, hoping you guys can help me out here.

so i picked up the Thermaltake Water 3.0 and the pump is driving me crazy. It makes a constant clicking noise , and other than this noise my pc is completely quiet. It is very noticeable, and is definitely coming from the pump.

I did some research online and many people have stated that it is probably an air bubble trapped in the pump. So i tried all the suggested fixes. Letting the pc run on its side, taking the rad out and shaking it, tapping the pump. I've also read that the noise should stop after a while, once the air is cleared out. However, it has been about 5 days and it is still occurring. I have even tried resetting the pump in multiple directions, when i do this the noise will be gone for a while but will come back within an hour.

I then came to find out that you want to have your rad above the pump as all the air bubbles will become trapped in the pump if the rad is at the bottom. So is water cooling not possible with this case, without having to deal with the noise? I see that some of you have water cooling in your cases, is this an issue for you?


Hey xnikx,

I think you might have a defective unit? thinking.gif I'm pretty sure everyone on this thread (including me) who is using a liquid cooling setup in this case have their rad underneath their pump. I'm using a XSPC rad and eK pump/rez combo and I haven't experienced the noise you described.
post #333 of 355
Hmmm what I'm seeing is that most the people have custom loops. I'm using an air cooler. What I was told is that the pump needs to be below the radio, or air will get stuck in the pump.
post #334 of 355
+1
post #335 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnikx View Post

Hmmm what I'm seeing is that most the people have custom loops. I'm using an air cooler. What I was told is that the pump needs to be below the radio, or air will get stuck in the pump.

Our custom loops are cooled by air too exhappysmiley.png

The heat generated by the chip is exchanged with a copper plate which in turn is exchanged with a water line to a heat exchanger (radiator), where with fans, you dump the heat into the air. Custom or closed loop systems operate the same way. The difference in a custom loop is we get to dictate tubing, components used, etc. but the heat transfer method stays the same.

Have you tried putting the rad/pump combo with your fans on top of your case and seeing what happens? biggrin.gif
post #336 of 355
I've actually tried flipping the pump upside down so the tubes are straight up, and I haven't had any air bubbles since. So we'll see if this lasts
post #337 of 355
So these cases were a limited edition run? Any chance in finding a red one in stock somewhere? lol

Jake
post #338 of 355
i think the red ones were limited to 500. you might be able to find one at very significant markup on amazon or ebay.
post #339 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakerz View Post

So these cases were a limited edition run? Any chance in finding a red one in stock somewhere? lol

Jake

Correct, the red version was a limited edition. The gold version wasn't, but that was one of our popular models too. We are completely sold out of the gold S-Frames, but some could still be around in other regions.
Reply
Reply
post #340 of 355
Halfway into mounting the Hardware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › IN WIN S-Frame Owners Club