Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club - Page 1052

post #10511 of 10534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhl3156 View Post

I'd love to but it's just too much work to Fold for you guys. First I have to be assigned to someone's team within the team. Besides, I have doctors appointments on Monday and Tuesday. Afterwards I will be taking a nice long cruise on my new motorcycle. Oh yeah before I forget, when I first signed up you deleted and disregarded all of my contributions to Folding at Home because, well, I don't know. I doubt you will even miss my meager 2.4 to 3.1 million ppd. Have a good one!

 

Hi Zuhl3156,

 

I see that you have folded for other teams but not for OCN. LINK

For the FAT, the only team you need to fold for is 37726 and not for a team within a team.

 

Hope all goes well with your Dr. appt.  And enjoy your motorcycle ride (nice clean bike) - i hope to be out on my Vstrom 1000 sometime next week :bike: 

 

later

lanofsong

post #10512 of 10534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhl3156 View Post

I'd love to but it's just too much work to Fold for you guys. First I have to be assigned to someone's team within the team. Besides, I have doctors appointments on Monday and Tuesday. Afterwards I will be taking a nice long cruise on my new motorcycle. Oh yeah before I forget, when I first signed up you deleted and disregarded all of my contributions to Folding at Home because, well, I don't know. I doubt you will even miss my meager 2.4 to 3.1 million ppd. Have a good one!


But you have never folded for OCN and you can't get awards or be added to competitions if you are folding for another team. It's not good or bad, it's just how things work...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77WS EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 
GraphicsRAMPower
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pi... FirePower ZX Series 1250W 80Plus Gold 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10513 of 10534
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

But you have never folded for OCN and you can't get awards or be added to competitions if you are folding for another team. It's not good or bad, it's just how things work...

My contributions to Folding at Home are still contributions. The team I Fold for now appreciates my contributions more and they never nag me for more and more as in "I know you can do better than that, just a few more days". I am disabled and on fixed income. I only have so much money left over at the end of the month and I choose to donate it to Folding. That's it and there ain't no more. I won't Fold for EVGA ever again so that should help you catch up to them and dethrone them from their #1 spot. They increased their requirements again but forget that electricity costs money. When you play the 'carrot on a stck' game you can't make the stick so long that the carrot seems out of reach. Sure, I could reach EVGA 's limits in a few days but what's it going to get me? EVGA bucks that I can only spend at their online store with inflated prices. What does EVGA get? Documented proof that they contributed to Medical Research so they can get a nice tax refund. I quit Folding for them for several months last year before I assembled the 980 ti machine and then I just did it for spite to take their bucks. This year I am done for good. They make me feel like a cheap street-walking tramp trying to see how far they can push me for the same $5. Look at this graph for the team I Fold for now. Can you tell when I am Folding?


Edited by Zuhl3156 - 4/17/17 at 4:42am
post #10514 of 10534
Odd, the only time I've had people "nag" me for more was when I was part of the Team Competitions, which is something you have to actively join.. They're completely separate from the Foldathon events. And it was more along the lines of playful talking and jockeying for positions in your category,not actual nagging.

Since OCN is ponying up the prizes (as well as their member donations) for those who participate, it's only natural that they would expect you to fold for their team to qualify for the prize drawings. A decent number of those who participate in the Foldathon are "casual" folders who hop in for the event and then go back to what they were doing before (for me, it's BOINC work units for several projects - others fire up their benching rigs, gaming rigs, HTPCs, etc). Besides being part of OCN's team during the event, the only other request is that you sign up every month, and on average you'll receive 3-4 reminders about the event if you're part of the notification group.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10515 of 10534
Thanks for the explanation. I might Fold for OCN one of these days but I am happy where I am now. I could NOT deal with 4 or 5 reminders each and every month to come and Fold. Like I said, I only have limited resources and once they're gone at the beginning of the month after I figure my budget and pay my electric bill they're gone for good and I will Fold no more until the next month. I will not be bullied or shamed into spending money I need for necessities like food and clothing.
post #10516 of 10534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhl3156 View Post

Thanks for the explanation. I might Fold for OCN one of these days but I am happy where I am now. I could NOT deal with 4 or 5 reminders each and every month to come and Fold. Like I said, I only have limited resources and once they're gone at the beginning of the month after I figure my budget and pay my electric bill they're gone for good and I will Fold no more until the next month. I will not be bullied or shamed into spending money I need for necessities like food and clothing.

All that those PMs consist of usually is a link to the thread (first one)typically two weeks before, then a 48 hour reminder, followed by a "event has started" PM. Usually the only time a fourth one is sent is if your name was drawn. Those first three only happen if you're part of the notification list.

I've not seen (or experienced) any bullying or shaming - they're a good group of people who only care that OCN is coming together as a group to help with science. It doesn't matter what you bring, or how much you put in... Some people are only able to put 10k points into the pot due to hardware, power, or even time usage, but their willingness to help science is appreciated just as much as guys like BeerCan who have two racks of gear they bring into the mix.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10517 of 10534
Well, after all of that hootin' and a hollerin' I am only netting around 1.8 million ppd which is only 400,000 more than my two single 980 ti boards. I will spread the Classies as far apart as i can in this Z270 setup and run my other two 980 ti boards in my other Z97. I will leave my MSI GTX-980 Gaming 4G heavily modded boards in my Sweetie, Mab, right here. I don't know if I posted this here or not but I might as well show off for a little bit. If you've got it flaunt it, right guys?

post #10518 of 10534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhl3156 View Post

I don't know if I posted this here or not but I might as well show off for a little bit. If you've got it flaunt it, right guys?

LOL! Nice. I laugh at the WEI but it's nice to know someone is getting an 'honest' assessment from it - worthless though it might be. No matter what I always get a 7.8 on processor despite being OC'd to 5.0GHz (3770K) - naturally my RAM, SSD Raid and SLI 980's guarantee everything else is a 7.9. I swear MS rates "calculations per second" as something other than actual calculations per second... either that or my CPU has attention deficit issues. biggrin.gif
post #10519 of 10534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiCiDAL View Post

LOL! Nice. I laugh at the WEI but it's nice to know someone is getting an 'honest' assessment from it - worthless though it might be. No matter what I always get a 7.8 on processor despite being OC'd to 5.0GHz (3770K) - naturally my RAM, SSD Raid and SLI 980's guarantee everything else is a 7.9. I swear MS rates "calculations per second" as something other than actual calculations per second... either that or my CPU has attention deficit issues. biggrin.gif

Oh, I know! This is the first time I got a 7.9 for my Processor. I think MS had to reconfigure the test because Windows 10 stinks so bad even though Windows 10 doesn't have it visibly showing. I remember a thread asking if anyone got higher than 7.8 for CPU and what they had to do to get it. It closed back in 2012. There were OCs of 5.2 GHz and higher but it wouldn't budge. I had this Devils Canyon at 4.9 GHz stable and still only got 7.8 for it. There were also people with 6 HDD in RAID-0 who couldn't get higher than 5.9 and that really burned them up. Some even had higher transfer rates than a single SSD but still only got themselves a 5.9 no matter what. I wouldn't even own a SSD if it weren't for that. LOL
Well, at least I got audio and my keyboard and mouse did NOT drop out with Windows 10. As far as I can see, this will be my very last build since I will not ever purchase another Windows 10 licesnse. Too much bloatware, PERIOD! I only bought this ASRock Z270 Supercarrier because it had Windows 7 compatible downloads in their Support section. The installation appears to be progressing normally until the last few seconds where a popup declares installation failed with a red X in it. I was hoping I could run all 4 boards and be done with it but I think that the PLX chip butchers the results. 1.8 million ppd is only slightly better but if I can divide the boards into 2 per machine I will be getting a much better 2.8 million ppd.
post #10520 of 10534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhl3156 View Post

Oh, I know! This is the first time I got a 7.9 for my Processor. I think MS had to reconfigure the test because Windows 10 stinks so bad even though Windows 10 doesn't have it visibly showing. I remember a thread asking if anyone got higher than 7.8 for CPU and what they had to do to get it. It closed back in 2012. There were OCs of 5.2 GHz and higher but it wouldn't budge. I had this Devils Canyon at 4.9 GHz stable and still only got 7.8 for it. There were also people with 6 HDD in RAID-0 who couldn't get higher than 5.9 and that really burned them up. Some even had higher transfer rates than a single SSD but still only got themselves a 5.9 no matter what. I wouldn't even own a SSD if it weren't for that. LOL
Well, at least I got audio and my keyboard and mouse did NOT drop out with Windows 10. As far as I can see, this will be my very last build since I will not ever purchase another Windows 10 licesnse. Too much bloatware, PERIOD! I only bought this ASRock Z270 Supercarrier because it had Windows 7 compatible downloads in their Support section. The installation appears to be progressing normally until the last few seconds where a popup declares installation failed with a red X in it. I was hoping I could run all 4 boards and be done with it but I think that the PLX chip butchers the results. 1.8 million ppd is only slightly better but if I can divide the boards into 2 per machine I will be getting a much better 2.8 million ppd.

I hear ya! I installed 10 for the first time on my recent build (had to in order to have M.2 support - but also because I have to try to get it to where I could possibly consider rolling it out to my work desktops some year). I just about uninstalled when I saw it had added a Candy Crush game as part of the install (as well as a ton of social media plug-in apps)... ***? And that was the Professional SKU! I already have to block almost all the social media sites and game sites, just to keep my users doing some actual work now and then... now they're just bundling all of it with the OS. Sigh.

I would definitely recommend running O&O Shut Up or similar utility - still doesn't turn off all telemetry, but it gets much closer.

Ah if only I didn't have to support legacy Windows apps and a user base which is rapidly becoming all senior citizens... I'd just move everything to Linux in a heartbeat.

And yes... the PLX chip does indeed cause issues in my experience at least (on MVE it did). It does what it can, but if you were looking for that solution then you needed to go 2011v3 and a 40-lane CPU I think.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club