Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club - Page 1427

post #14261 of 25509
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard99 View Post

My question is has performance dropped in benchmarks. I know that if I clock up to something like 1540 my benchmarks go down.

Just tested Firestrike score seems normal for my gpu
graphic score is 13500
physics is 7263
combine is 4935 cpu not overclocked
Oc is 1534core 300 on memory

Maybe is some sort of instability and i am mistaking. But i get thies weird messages when shadow of mordor crashes that my device have rastarted and then i need to restart pc.
post #14262 of 25509
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiund View Post

Yep
Hey, i have the same card/bios as you, here the f10 version
GM204.zip 138k .zip file

Yes but i am not sure can i use this file to flash both bioses.
post #14263 of 25509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludkoto View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard99 View Post

My question is has performance dropped in benchmarks. I know that if I clock up to something like 1540 my benchmarks go down.

Just tested Firestrike score seems normal for my gpu
graphic score is 13500
physics is 7263
combine is 4935 cpu not overclocked
Oc is 1534core 300 on memory

Maybe is some sort of instability and i am mistaking. But i get thies weird messages when shadow of mordor crashes that my device have rastarted and then i need to restart pc.
what's your voltage at . My previous card was a potato and didn't clock well . With this one I'm using about 1.243 volts at 1518 I also went through and made some voltage changes with the help of gofapar(don't kill me if I got your name wrong) seems that extreme voltage changes cause me to crash.
post #14264 of 25509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludkoto View Post

I don\t see anywhere F10 DD and DP files else i'd do it. I didn\t back it up my mistake.
I do have the same BIOS if you'd like it, always make backups!
post #14265 of 25509
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard99 View Post

what's your voltage at . My previous card was a potato and didn't clock well . With this one I'm using about 1.243 volts at 1518 I also went through and made some voltage changes with the help of gofapar(don't kill me if I got your name wrong) seems that extreme voltage changes cause me to crash.

My voltage is stock 1.225v. I increased with anothe 10MHz and now i am at 1543. Don't know gonna keep like this for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeVo View Post

I do have the same BIOS if you'd like it, always make backups!

I think i got it but i got the rom file not the 2 files with DD and DP things.
post #14266 of 25509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludkoto View Post

My voltage is stock 1.225v. I increased with anothe 10MHz and now i am at 1543. Don't know gonna keep like this for now.
I think i got it but i got the rom file not the 2 files with DD and DP things.

DP is for DVI-I. DD is for DVI-D I think. Anyways just download the BIOS from Gigabyte's site. There's a .pdf file there that explains it better. It's quite a mess though, DP/DD. "FNUMBER" versions and such. Seems overly complicated.

Anyways guys, I come to you with another issue (which might not be one!). I'm playing some games and I notice GPU utilization is never at 90% percent, usually stays in the 30-60% range. The game I just tested this on is Insurgency, probably not the most demanding game but I'm wondering if this is normal?

EDIT: so now I just tested another game and it went back to full GPU utilization. tongue.gif Question still remains though, is it possible to keep it at 80%+ GPU utilization even in less demanding games? Also why does my clock run at 1404 when it's advertised as 1329?
Edited by PalominoCreek - 3/28/15 at 4:36pm
post #14267 of 25509
Insurgency is probably a not so demanding game. These cards are super lazy when they don't have to work hard .
post #14268 of 25509
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalominoCreek View Post

DP is for DVI-I. DD is for DVI-D I think. Anyways just download the BIOS from Gigabyte's site. There's a .pdf file there that explains it better. It's quite a mess though, DP/DD. "FNUMBER" versions and such. Seems overly complicated.

Anyways guys, I come to you with another issue (which might not be one!). I'm playing some games and I notice GPU utilization is never at 90% percent, usually stays in the 30-60% range. The game I just tested this on is Insurgency, probably not the most demanding game but I'm wondering if this is normal?

EDIT: so now I just tested another game and it went back to full GPU utilization. tongue.gif Question still remains though, is it possible to keep it at 80%+ GPU utilization even in less demanding games? Also why does my clock run at 1404 when it's advertised as 1329?

I am same when i play some older games now trying AC Brotherhood and utilization is like no high then 40% same was when i played AC Rogue. I gues its normal.
post #14269 of 25509
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalominoCreek View Post

Anyways guys, I come to you with another issue (which might not be one!). I'm playing some games and I notice GPU utilization is never at 90% percent, usually stays in the 30-60% range. The game I just tested this on is Insurgency, probably not the most demanding game but I'm wondering if this is normal?

EDIT: so now I just tested another game and it went back to full GPU utilization. tongue.gif Question still remains though, is it possible to keep it at 80%+ GPU utilization even in less demanding games? Also why does my clock run at 1404 when it's advertised as 1329?

If your cards are not running at 100% utilization it could mean a couple of things, your computer could be bottlenecking the cards elsewhere, such as the CPU, a lot of older games/programs are not multi-threaded or can't take advantage of newer CPU tech which creates a CPU bottleneck. It could be that the game engine has a built in FPS limiter which would cause the program to under utilize your cards. You could be using vsync or have your cards setup with a FPS target which would also result in the under utilization of your cards.

Bottom line though, it is completely normal and not anything to worry about. If you want to see your GPU utilization increase you can create custom 3D profiles in the Nvidia Control Panel and force AA/AF etc, or you could also turn on DSR and have the game rendered in engine at a higher resolution, but beyond that if the program isn't capable of demanding more of the GPU for one reason or another then the GPU isn't going to overwork itself.

As to your clock speed, I have noticed that Maxwell will boost above its advertised boost limit if TDP allows it, my cards do the same thing.
Edited by tubnotub1 - 3/28/15 at 11:14pm
post #14270 of 25509
Is there any way to adjust the voltage without having to flash a Custom BIOS? The voltage adjustment in afterburner doesn't work at all.

I'm running SLi G1 970's and having to use the trick where you run card #1 40MHz faster in the AB interface than the second card to get the voltages to being anywhere near correct (otherwise card #2 is severely undervolted, about 90mV). Even using this trick 1 card is still 10mV too low.

Anyway, this isn't really an SLi question, its about having a proper way to tune the voltages, so is there one?
Edited by TheDoctor46 - 3/29/15 at 5:13am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club