Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Zotac 970?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zotac 970? - Page 21

post #201 of 902
Multimètre with 1.26v in S.S.P Chip Setting smile.gif

post #202 of 902
Can people with zotac 970 extreme please confirm the following:

1. when PL is set to 106% the GPU power as indicated by firestorm does not exceed 160W

2. when PL is set to 106% the PL indicated by GPU-Z does not exceed 56%

This looks like a software bug to me.
post #203 of 902
Well I'm 99% sure I'm ditching this omega I have. It seems like zotac isn't interested in fixing the bios and my clocks are very weak compared to almost all the gigabyte and MSI users. They are saying firestorm is the answer when it isn't even functional. I'm done with it.
Edited by mse09 - 10/21/14 at 2:47am
post #204 of 902
This is the maximum I saw the voltage get too while running Valley benchmark on the AMP Extreme.

As you can see I have Max TDP to 106% and I also have the Vcore to 1.26V ( When I had at 1.212V which is standard capped out at 140W)

When it did occasionally nudge above 160W it would suddenly jump down to about 120W then recover back to just under 160W . Also you can see in GPU Z the TDP usage never went above 56% at all.

Its a real shame because these cards are amazing on temps and I have had it running at 1500 (with occasional slight throttling) even with this 160W limit using the 1.26V core.


I am going to run Fire strike later on but I have a feeling that it will be the same 160W
Edited by LizardTa - 10/21/14 at 4:41am
post #205 of 902
Thanks for confirmation. Now the question is whether the GPU power read-out is incorrect or whether the 106% PL is not applied correctly. In favor of the first interpretation, we are already pushing high overclocks (me, ~1530 mhz), it seems unlikely that these are run at 150W. If the second interpretation is correct, this would in turn explain the superb temperatures when the card is OCed.

Btw. it's possible to get 110% PL with firestorm. if you apply the 3D+ boost the 110% is unlocked. Thogh again, GPU-Z shows just 60% at most.

EDIT: This looks like no bios/firestorm fix is coming mad.gif
Edited by matus - 10/21/14 at 6:01am
post #206 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by matus View Post

Thanks for confirmation. Now the question is whether the GPU power read-out is incorrect or whether the 106% PL is not applied correctly. In favor of the first interpretation, we are already pushing high overclocks (me, ~1530 mhz), it seems unlikely that these are run at 150W. If the second interpretation is correct, this would in turn explain the superb temperatures when the card is OCed.

Btw. it's possible to get 110% PL with firestorm. if you apply the 3D+ boost the 110% is unlocked. Thogh again, GPU-Z shows just 60% at most.

Do you experience much throttling at 1530Mhz? My card seems to exhibit very erratic throttling at times, is it linked to temperature?

I am beginning to see a link between exceeding 60 Celsius and it staring to throttle back, is this the same for all Maxwell?

Just wish I could trust what Firestorm is telling me!
post #207 of 902
I heard the voltage of the omega is locked. I've thinking to buy omega but it has voltage limitation.
post #208 of 902
@lizardta: I get throttling when I push 1540-1550mhz and set voltage to max 1.21. In my experience, lowering the voltage (or just keeping it at default) prevents throttling. Though, if I set it too low the driver crashes. My impression is that there is a clock-voltage sweet spot. It's something like 1530@1.14-1.16V mhz. Following my theory, I tried to find the optimal clock partner for 1.21V but had little success biggrin.gif
I test for stability with single run (~5minutes) of Unigine heaven benchmark.

I didn't do much crosschecking, but from what I saw, firestorm looked consistent to me (well apart from the PL)
post #209 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardTa View Post

Do you experience much throttling at 1530Mhz? My card seems to exhibit very erratic throttling at times, is it linked to temperature?

I am beginning to see a link between exceeding 60 Celsius and it staring to throttle back, is this the same for all Maxwell?

Just wish I could trust what Firestorm is telling me!
Power limit not so much temperature.
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #210 of 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by mse09 View Post

Well I'm 99% sure I'm ditching this omega I have. It seems like zotac isn't interested in fixing the bios and my clocks are very weak compared to almost all the gigabyte and MSI users. They are saying firestorm is the answer when it isn't even functional. I'm done with it.

Hold off man. I was pissed off just like you were. Wait just a bit longer for a cracked nvflash. Another guy and I are working on bypassing the certification checks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Zotac 970?