Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 900 Gaming Edition Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI GTX 900 Gaming Edition Owners Club - Page 55

post #541 of 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by UZ7 View Post

Push them up and then benchmark as well as play some games, both demanding and not so demanding. If you get artifacts or it locks up then you can raise the voltages. If you set clocks up too high without increasing power limit or voltage it usually just locks up or does a driver reset. Personally though I would just stick to 1500 range with no voltage change, get ram at +300-400 and call it a day. Ive had RAM run +600 but that was just benchmarking purposes.

Right on I'll give that a try, I just pushed the memory clock up to +400 and voltage to +2 and kept the +100 core clock on afterburner.
post #542 of 893
Anyone else getting a small electrical buzzing from the msi dragon led on the side? I cannot hear it until I put my ear very near it, but it is there. I know we can here turn off the led in experience, but was just wondering if others have it?
post #543 of 893
Hey question the BIOS that people are posting, for 970 MSI g4 do you have to use a specific bios for the specific brand card or can I use any generic one to unlock voltage?

Can someone link the bios I should use if I want to overclock my SLI, I am really unsure which to use if any at all.
post #544 of 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by istudy92 View Post

Hey question the BIOS that people are posting, for 970 MSI g4 do you have to use a specific bios for the specific brand card or can I use any generic one to unlock voltage?

Can someone link the bios I should use if I want to overclock my SLI, I am really unsure which to use if any at all.

Since most of the vendor specific 970s are non-reference I wouldnt do it. Now if you know you have a reference based card then those you can interchange. As for unlocked voltage/power limit and such you would have to hit the other threads that have 970/980 bios modding, theres a few of them out there. thumb.gif
Eternity-VIII
(15 items)
 
Eternity-IX
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K (delid) ASUS Maximus VI Gene MSI GTX 970 Gaming 8GB Samsung MV-3V4G3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Steam) Corsair H80i, 4x NF-A14 PWM Windows 8.1 Pro  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2720T CM Quickfire TK Red Corsair AX850 Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400/G502/G602 Steel Series 4HD SupremeFX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6820HK Intel CM236 MSI GTX 1070 16GB Kingston 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Toshiba XG3 128GB NVME (OS) Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (Steam) Toshiba TR150 960GB (Steam) Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
17.3" 120Hz CM Quickfire TK Red 230W GT73VR TITAN 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 SteelSeries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Eternity-VIII
(15 items)
 
Eternity-IX
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K (delid) ASUS Maximus VI Gene MSI GTX 970 Gaming 8GB Samsung MV-3V4G3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Steam) Corsair H80i, 4x NF-A14 PWM Windows 8.1 Pro  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2720T CM Quickfire TK Red Corsair AX850 Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400/G502/G602 Steel Series 4HD SupremeFX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6820HK Intel CM236 MSI GTX 1070 16GB Kingston 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Toshiba XG3 128GB NVME (OS) Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (Steam) Toshiba TR150 960GB (Steam) Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
17.3" 120Hz CM Quickfire TK Red 230W GT73VR TITAN 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 SteelSeries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #545 of 893
How large of a power supply would you guys recommend to run two of the 970's in SLI? I was thinking about getting a new fully modular power supply for myself for christmas and i'm unsure if 750W would be enough (i doubt it) santa.gif I'm leaning more towards 850W but just wanted to be sure thumb.gif
post #546 of 893
Hi guys planning on getting the Msi 970 gaming or the 970 golden edition or the 980 gaming. I just got the QNiX2710 and managed to overclock it to 96mhz. Anyone here able to get decent fps in ACU at 1440p with the 970?
KeithEvo
(0 items)
  
Reply
KeithEvo
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #547 of 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by lRedacted View Post

How large of a power supply would you guys recommend to run two of the 970's in SLI? I was thinking about getting a new fully modular power supply for myself for christmas and i'm unsure if 750W would be enough (i doubt it) santa.gif I'm leaning more towards 850W but just wanted to be sure thumb.gif

If I go sli I would get at least a 1kw PSU at least
KeithEvo
(0 items)
  
Reply
KeithEvo
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #548 of 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by lRedacted View Post

How large of a power supply would you guys recommend to run two of the 970's in SLI? I was thinking about getting a new fully modular power supply for myself for christmas and i'm unsure if 750W would be enough (i doubt it) santa.gif I'm leaning more towards 850W but just wanted to be sure thumb.gif

750 should be more than enough to run 970 sli. what are the rest of the specs? and which 750 do you currently have?

750 would be enough for 770 sli and those things took up a lot more power even with both of the bios modded smile.gif
post #549 of 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderTheGoober View Post

750 should be more than enough to run 970 sli. what are the rest of the specs? and which 750 do you currently have?

750 would be enough for 770 sli and those things took up a lot more power even with both of the bios modded smile.gif

Right now i only have a 600w non-modular PSU. Once i get all my upgrades done i'll be running a 4790k, sli 970's and just an H100i. So I'm going to need to buy a new PSU either way (non-modular sucks rolleyes.gif)

I just found this 970 power consumption review and it's recommending 700-800 watts
post #550 of 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by lRedacted View Post

Right now i only have a 600w non-modular PSU. Once i get all my upgrades done i'll be running a 4790k, sli 970's and just an H100i. So I'm going to need to buy a new PSU either way (non-modular sucks rolleyes.gif)

I just found this 970 power consumption review and it's recommending 700-800 watts

Ask @Shilka and I bet he will also say 750W should be enough. I have 4770k and sli 770s with custom water cooling loop and even under stress testing the power draw, from the wall, is not even 750W. and if my power supply is 90% efficient pulling 750W from the wall it means it is only supplying the entire machine with 675W of power.

can't go wrong with one of these right here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017&cm_re=evga_750w_g2-_-17-438-017-_-Product

if you are really concerned about it and if it will make you feel better get an 800 or an 850 but the advice to get a 1000W+ power supply for just 2 970s is completely inaccurate. Wasted money.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 900 Gaming Edition Owners Club