Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › AsRock X99 Motherboard Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AsRock X99 Motherboard Owners Club - Page 48

post #471 of 785
thanks man!


ill try to play around that voltages

yeah, the ram density can be the problem. no issue for me to downclock as i just bought 3200mhz for the price of 2666mhz
post #472 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmMRKIV View Post

I dont get your post. are you saying you dont have a 3.1 OCF?
cuz a bios came out for the 3.1 version last month like I said on hwbot.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?289598-***Offical-ASRock-x99-OC-Formula-Thread-Tips-Discussion-BIOS-Tools***/page4

It isn't posted on Asrocks site and appears that only the added voltage adjustment was added. I really didn't have any trouble oc'ing cache without it so doesn't seem like much of a REAL fix to other issues.
Very disappointed in Asrocks attention to support on x99 platform. Cant seem to pass xtu above 5400mhz were as another board did 5700mhz no sweat.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asrock x99 OCF V3.1 One of many Kingston HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Asus Bluray Custom Water Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus VG248QE EVGA P1200 Mountain Mods Extended Custom U2-UFO  Mad Catz R.A.T 5 
Mouse PadAudio
steelseries M-Audio BX5a DLX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asrock x99 OCF V3.1 One of many Kingston HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Asus Bluray Custom Water Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus VG248QE EVGA P1200 Mountain Mods Extended Custom U2-UFO  Mad Catz R.A.T 5 
Mouse PadAudio
steelseries M-Audio BX5a DLX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #473 of 785
Doubt that though, since i have had cache pll since waaaay before that. On fqtalit x99m 3.1
post #474 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmMRKIV View Post

Doubt that though, since i have had cache pll since waaaay before that. On fqtalit x99m 3.1
Doubt what?? You have a different motherboard. Why don't you hit the little robot and try tell me you've had more experience or success on x99 than I have with either a 5820k or 5960x. facepalm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asrock x99 OCF V3.1 One of many Kingston HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Asus Bluray Custom Water Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus VG248QE EVGA P1200 Mountain Mods Extended Custom U2-UFO  Mad Catz R.A.T 5 
Mouse PadAudio
steelseries M-Audio BX5a DLX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asrock x99 OCF V3.1 One of many Kingston HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Asus Bluray Custom Water Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus VG248QE EVGA P1200 Mountain Mods Extended Custom U2-UFO  Mad Catz R.A.T 5 
Mouse PadAudio
steelseries M-Audio BX5a DLX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #475 of 785
I was saying I doubt cache pll adjust is the ONLY thing. iif your gonna be like that though.. nevermind

sorry I even tried to help you by directing you to the bios.

I got it I will never try to be helpful or say anything to you again!
Edited by tatmMRKIV - 1/28/16 at 12:04am
post #476 of 785
So I just built my PC last night and I installed Windows 10 and all the updates. As I was messing around with things on the computer, the screen went blue and gave me an error code "whea_uncorrectable_error" After about a minute of that screen it just shuts down. Once I turn it back on and mess around some more it will do it again. I havent changed anything in the bios yet either. I'm fairly new to Windows so I'm not sure what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's my specs.

• Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
• Corsair H55 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
• ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
• Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
• Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
• Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
• Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card
• EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
post #477 of 785
Thats a hardware error of some kind, what there a numeric code as well? Might want to start with memtest and see of your memory checks out. It looks like you are using two sticks in a quad channel board. The manual indicates you should have them installed in A1/B1/C1 or D1 slots for dual channel.

Quote:
Due to Intel® CPU spec definition, please install the memory modules on DDR4_A1, DDR4_B1, DDR4_C1 and DDR4_D1 for first priority. If the four DDR4 DIMM slots above are fully installed, and you want to use more than four memory modules, please install the other memory modules from let to right (from DDR4_A2, DDR4_B2, DDR4_D2 to DDR4_C2.)
W10 Desktop
(17 items)
 
Linux Desktop
(14 items)
 
Win 10 HTPC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5820k ASRock x99 Extreme 4 GTX-960 GTX-750ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
HD 7850 4 x 4G DDR4 128G Corsair SSD WD 1G  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2G generic CDRW/DVD CM 212 EVO Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft Be Quiet 1000 Antec 305 
Mouse
Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 ASUS M5A97 R2.0 GTX-760 Samsung 2 x 4G Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128G Corsair SSD WD 500G Blue generic CDRW/DVD Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Linux Mint 17.2 ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft XFX 650 
CaseMouse
NZXT 210 Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B93 Gigabyte  EVGA GT 740 FTW Misc DD2-800 2x2G and 2x1G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate  generic  Win 10 Tech Preview 64 bit HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Corsair cx430 Aptevia HTPC IBM 
  hide details  
Reply
W10 Desktop
(17 items)
 
Linux Desktop
(14 items)
 
Win 10 HTPC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5820k ASRock x99 Extreme 4 GTX-960 GTX-750ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
HD 7850 4 x 4G DDR4 128G Corsair SSD WD 1G  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2G generic CDRW/DVD CM 212 EVO Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft Be Quiet 1000 Antec 305 
Mouse
Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 ASUS M5A97 R2.0 GTX-760 Samsung 2 x 4G Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128G Corsair SSD WD 500G Blue generic CDRW/DVD Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Linux Mint 17.2 ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft XFX 650 
CaseMouse
NZXT 210 Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B93 Gigabyte  EVGA GT 740 FTW Misc DD2-800 2x2G and 2x1G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate  generic  Win 10 Tech Preview 64 bit HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Corsair cx430 Aptevia HTPC IBM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #478 of 785
So I'm about to buy me the Asrock x99 Extreme6 / 3.1 but I noticed something worrisome.
The latest Bios version is 1.00 for the Extreme6 / 3.1 and got last updated in May 2015, as opposed to the "normal" non 3.1 Extreme6 which got its last update in December 2015.

see links (bios updates)
3.1 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme63.1/index.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS
non 3.1 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme6/index.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Does anyone know if the Extreme6 bios updates are compatible with the Extreme6 3.1 mainboard?(which I dont think they are...)

I'll probably get the Extreme 6 over the Extreme6 3.1 anyway.
post #479 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by vastlordj View Post

So I just built my PC last night and I installed Windows 10 and all the updates. As I was messing around with things on the computer, the screen went blue and gave me an error code "whea_uncorrectable_error" After about a minute of that screen it just shuts down. Once I turn it back on and mess around some more it will do it again. I havent changed anything in the bios yet either. I'm fairly new to Windows so I'm not sure what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's my specs.

• Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
• Corsair H55 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
• ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
• Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
• Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
• Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
• Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card
• EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

That's a CPU error, could be RAM, try just 1 stick and make sure they are in the proper slots.

Also a common error when you are overclocking and the CPU doesn't have enough voltage but it doesn't look like you are overclocking yet.
post #480 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodymight View Post

So I'm about to buy me the Asrock x99 Extreme6 / 3.1 but I noticed something worrisome.
The latest Bios version is 1.00 for the Extreme6 / 3.1 and got last updated in May 2015, as opposed to the "normal" non 3.1 Extreme6 which got its last update in December 2015.

see links (bios updates)
3.1 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme63.1/index.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS
non 3.1 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme6/index.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Does anyone know if the Extreme6 bios updates are compatible with the Extreme6 3.1 mainboard?(which I dont think they are...)

I'll probably get the Extreme 6 over the Extreme6 3.1 anyway.

No the BIOS aren't xcompatabile. I would hope that they are coming out with an update for their 3.1 line of MOBOS soon.

Both the Extreme6 and Killer 3.1 have BETA BIOS that came out 12/16.

The biggest difference between the 3.1 and non is the OC socket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › AsRock X99 Motherboard Owners Club