Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › [Official] Thermaltake Core V1 Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Thermaltake Core V1 Owners' Club - Page 78

post #771 of 1869
Quote:
The slow work is caused by other components (maybe the GPC or CPU) of the laptop (specially because is a laptop) not the RAM.

Other components also slows work but there's definitely memory lags too. When I work in Photoshop with multiple documents 20+ layers each it starts freezing and swapping. Pressing ctrl-z or copy-pasting takes more time because of delays. Same happens with Zbrush when you go over 10+ million polygons. Plus a few times I had an error message like "out of memory" when I was working on some heavy tool using Decimation Master.
Quote:
I'd suggest you assess more toroughly why it's slow on your laptop. It's highly likely it is CPU or GPU.

What kind of work on zbrush is slow ? Modlelling ? Rendering ? What's your laptop exactly ?
As for Photoshop, last I've checked, there is no way a modern rig with 16 GB can ever struggle with it, whatever you're doing ...

I doubt GPU causes the problems since Zbrush doesn't use it for calculations as far as I know.

Sculpting and overall response time getting worse. When I do heavy work in Photoshop it uses all the memory I have. My laptop is really old Lifebook T900 with Intel i5 520m, 8GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics on board.

May be you're right and 16GB will be enough for me but I want to have chance for easy upgrade in future. I'm going to buy 16GB ram and test it.
post #772 of 1869
Btw, speaking about the case form factor. Specification page says GA-H170N-WIFI has 17x17cm sides. I measured the distance between the screws but it's 15x15cm. The rest 2cm are motherboard's extended edges?
post #773 of 1869
They can't put the screws right on the edges of the board or there wouldn't be anything for the screws to grab. Itx is a standard form factor so screw holes not lining up shouldn't be a concern at all
post #774 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungy View Post

Btw, speaking about the case form factor. Specification page says GA-H170N-WIFI has 17x17cm sides. I measured the distance between the screws but it's 15x15cm. The rest 2cm are motherboard's extended edges?

This motherboard will fit without problem (It is just like every other Mini-ITX!) So no worry! wink.gif
post #775 of 1869
Thank you guys thumb.gif
post #776 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungy View Post

Other components also slows work but there's definitely memory lags too. When I work in Photoshop with multiple documents 20+ layers each it starts freezing and swapping. Pressing ctrl-z or copy-pasting takes more time because of delays. Same happens with Zbrush when you go over 10+ million polygons. Plus a few times I had an error message like "out of memory" when I was working on some heavy tool using Decimation Master.
I doubt GPU causes the problems since Zbrush doesn't use it for calculations as far as I know.

Sculpting and overall response time getting worse. When I do heavy work in Photoshop it uses all the memory I have. My laptop is really old Lifebook T900 with Intel i5 520m, 8GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics on board.

May be you're right and 16GB will be enough for me but I want to have chance for easy upgrade in future. I'm going to buy 16GB ram and test it.

Ok, I had a look at this T900 laptop and, while still a laptop, designed for mere office work and not the seemingly crazy stuff you seem to be doing with zbrush and Photoshop, it's decent, runs a dual-core i5 at 2.4 Ghz, and RAM at 1066 MHz ... Of course, the GPU is really weak, but if you say it's not used, that's not the problem.

I'd change my mind and advise you to go socket 1151, despite the cost. You seem to be a really power user of Photoshop and zbrush (either this or not using the tools correctly, don't get me wrong, I'm only mentioning this for the sake of having a complete argument, I'm sure you know those tools a lot better that I'm never gonna know them ! But there is always the possible track of working differently ... No offence meant !)

I'd advise you to buy 16 GB of RAM, with the option to go 32GB if needed, on your ITX build.
As has been said, no worries for dimensions/screws. Mini-ITX is a standard, that will fit OK ...

EDIT: forgot something, go SSD + hard drive for archives, you probably will need it.
Edited by termathor - 10/17/15 at 11:16am
post #777 of 1869
Hi, I'm new so if I've jumped in in the wrong place I apologise. Any1 know where I can get another window side panel for this case in the uk? Thermal take website only seem to deliver to America and Canada. Preferably white but if they only do black I can paint it.
Thanks.
post #778 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2950 View Post

Hi, I'm new so if I've jumped in in the wrong place I apologise. Any1 know where I can get another window side panel for this case in the uk? Thermal take website only seem to deliver to America and Canada. Preferably white but if they only do black I can paint it.
Thanks.
Have you tried contacting Thermaltake directly? They be able to give you the name of a UK reseller or work with you to ship overseas for additional fee
post #779 of 1869
Hi Everyone, I'm a new owner of a core V1 and so far I love it! I am still using a stock CPU cooler from my A8 6600k and I wanted to change it to either a Zalman CNPS8000B or a Deep Cool Ice Blade Pro V2 would any of those fit? I'm using an MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 motherboard and a XFX Radeon 5770 (from my last computer.) as my graphics card.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I'd also would like to ask if a Deepcool ICEEDGE 400 FS would fit too? Thanks!
Edited by AssassinLoki - 10/20/15 at 3:48pm
post #780 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinLoki View Post

Hi Everyone, I'm a new owner of a core V1 and so far I love it! I am still using a stock CPU cooler from my A8 6600k and I wanted to change it to either a Zalman CNPS8000B or a Deep Cool Ice Blade Pro V2 would any of those fit? I'm using an MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 motherboard and a XFX Radeon 5770 (from my last computer.) as my graphics card.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I'd also would like to ask if a Deepcool ICEEDGE 400 FS would fit too? Thanks!
As long as they are under 140mm tall, it'll fit. In my experience from research, there are very few 120mm upright fan CPU coolers that will fit. Doing a quick Google search of the 3 you listed, only the Ice Blade Pro will not fit in relation to height.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › [Official] Thermaltake Core V1 Owners' Club