Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Network Hardware › My network is driving me bonkers....need some help/advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My network is driving me bonkers....need some help/advice - Page 7

post #61 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker033 View Post

I wanted to thank everyone in this thread as I learned a bit and also just purchased an ubiquiti and can't wait to get it and set it up!

I have FiOS so I am stuck with their router; my incoming is in my basement and wifi reception (even with upgraded TP Link antennas) in some areas on the first floor are terrible, second floor even worse.

with that said, OP, you can use the ubiquiti with your existing router. Disable it's wifi and connect to the ubiquiti, it even comes with the PoE (power over ethernet adapter) and cables and everything:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XXMUCQ/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

I should have mine on Monday and will let you know how it goes.

AS stated before, Kayan is looking for simple and cost effective setup, wireless dual band and AC, and ease of use. the cost alone on an AC capable AP almost breaks the deal right there. > http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-Enterprise-AP-AC-UAP-AC/dp/B00HXT8RLK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413491142&sr=8-2&keywords=AC+ap+ubiquiti

Still update us on how it goes for you and that may influence Kayan's decision one way or the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayan View Post

Ok, small update time:

#1 - I figured out why the wired connection was dropping. The cord is near a curtain and when that moved the connection would drop because of any pressure on the Ethernet cord. I'm going to try replacing the cord for the PC and see if that sorts that issue.

#2 - Wi-Fi is still jacked up. One of my clients (XB one), NAT last night went to moderate, and this AM it was back to open. Is there a product that I can use with my existing router that will give good Wi-Fi? What about one of those UniFi APs? Or would I need something else in addition? I'm open to ideas, and still may just end up getting a Night Hawk, just trying to explore all avenues.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed thus far.

See above link for AC capable AP, it comes with the POE adapter and needs just a little setup. probably half hour, maybe less. This can be used with your current router and won't need anything else, just a spare hard wired port.
IF your hard wired connection issue just turns out to be a bad cable then i would personally go with the unifi AP and disable wireless on the main router.

but if your router is still flaky on the hard wired connection a replacement for a nighthawk maybe in order

newegg link for AP: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EA1083769
Edited by XanderTheGoober - 10/16/14 at 1:35pm
post #62 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderTheGoober View Post

AS stated before, Kayan is looking for simple and cost effective setup, wireless dual band and AC, and ease of use. the cost alone on an AC capable AP almost breaks the deal right there. > http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-Enterprise-AP-AC-UAP-AC/dp/B00HXT8RLK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413491142&sr=8-2&keywords=AC+ap+ubiquiti

Still update us on how it goes for you and that may influence Kayan's decision one way or the other.
See above link for AC capable AP, it comes with the POE adapter and needs just a little setup. probably half hour, maybe less. This can be used with your current router and won't need anything else, just a spare hard wired port.
IF your hard wired connection issue just turns out to be a bad cable then i would personally go with the unifi AP and disable wireless on the main router.

but if your router is still flaky on the hard wired connection a replacement for a nighthawk maybe in order

newegg link for AP: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EA1083769

oh I understand and do thank you for sharing your expertise. I will definitely report back. I am curious though as to what AC means?

EDIT

from doing a little research I think it's related to new wireless tech but I only need 2.4ghz for a couple phones, a couple tablets, and a chromecast so I'm thinking I should be ok with what I purchased.
Edited by mtbiker033 - 10/16/14 at 1:42pm
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker033 View Post

oh I understand and do thank you for sharing your expertise. I will definitely report back. I am curious though as to what AC means?

AC is a new wireless standard that allows for more bandwidth through wireless connection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11ac
post #64 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderTheGoober View Post

AC is a new wireless standard that allows for more bandwidth through wireless connection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11ac

oh ok thank you!!
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayan View Post

Is this really feasible for my needs though? You know the services that we have, is a single UniFi base model AP really able to handle 2 cell phones, 2 tablets, 4 consoles, and a laptop, usually with 2-4 being used at once all on the same band without issues? In addition to two wired desktops? I'd prefer dual band Wi-Fi plus AC, but that seems a bit pricey as a startup price. Often there is some form of gaming and/or HD video streaming + VoIP going on, when the wifey and I are free (which admittedly isn't often, but still).

How much bandwidth do you have coming into your home?

If it isn't more than 90 Mb/s, then you really don't need to do AC - unless you want to do a very large number of LAN transfers from device to device on that wireless network.

The other problem with going AC, which no one is discussing here, is that in order to obtain those higher rates of speed you need to consume more wireless spectrum. Specifically AC routers are running 80 Mhz wide channels, instead of the standard 20 Mhz wide. This means your router has to go into spectrum that is already in use and try and put data through it.

This is a problem because you become more open to noise issues, and you living in an apartment complex, trying to consume 80 Mhz of bandwidth in RF just isn't going to really happen easily. You are going to be stepping into other routers, phones, baby monitors, etc.

Throwing up an 80 Mhz broadcast isn't something you just simply do and walk away from, especially not in an apartment complex. Which leads me to another reason to go with the more enterprise level products ; noise rejection. They are engineered to a level that most home routers aren't, and they handle noise better.

EDIT:

Also be aware that 802.11 AC only functions in the 5 Ghz spectrum - so only devices that support it will even be able to connect to it.
Edited by PostalTwinkie - 10/17/14 at 1:28pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

How much bandwidth do you have coming into your home?

If it isn't more than 90 Mb/s, then you really don't need to do AC - unless you want to do a very large number of LAN transfers from device to device on that wireless network.

The other problem with going AC, which no one is discussing here, is that in order to obtain those higher rates of speed you need to consume more wireless spectrum. Specifically AC routers are running 80 Mhz wide channels, instead of the standard 20 Mhz wide. This means your router has to go into spectrum that is already in use and try and put data through it.

This is a problem because you become more open to noise issues, and you living in an apartment complex, trying to consume 80 Mhz of bandwidth in RF just isn't going to really happen easily. You are going to be stepping into other routers, phones, baby monitors, etc.

Throwing up an 80 Mhz broadcast isn't something you just simply do and walk away from, especially not in an apartment complex. Which leads me to another reason to go with the more enterprise level products ; noise rejection. They are engineered to a level that most home routers aren't, and they handle noise better.

EDIT:

Also be aware that 802.11 AC only functions in the 5 Ghz spectrum - so only devices that support it will even be able to connect to it.

I have 105 down and 10 up from my ISP. We have 10 wireless clients, and of those 10, only 3 don't have access to the 5 GHz band.

I guess that my mason issue with having a solely 2.4 band system is that the bandwidth on the 2.4 is cut from a theoretical 600mbps to 300mbps, and when there are usually multiple high bandwidth things being used at once, I'm worried about the network chugging. I work odd hours so usually it is my wife works from home, connected wirelessly to a Citrix server with sometimes using VoIP, and I'm either watching Netflix or gaming and using VoIP at the same time. Also, she streams Hulu or Amazon Prime while she works. We experience slow downs even when our current router is functioning properly.

When I'm not home there's no issue, but when I am and we are both using the above mentioned services, stuff chugs, which isn't ok for her working or for me gaming.

While only a few of our clients are AC capable at the moment (3 at the moment) it's more about "future proofing." Almost all of them are dual band, and as we upgrade and buy new devices were will be looking for faster ways to access our content.... Not sure why I just explained that on overclock, everyone here should understand that, lol.

So anyway to reiterate, because of our situation I really believe that dual band is a necessity. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayan View Post

I have 105 down and 10 up from my ISP. We have 10 wireless clients, and of those 10, only 3 don't have access to the 5 GHz band.

I guess that my mason issue with having a solely 2.4 band system is that the bandwidth on the 2.4 is cut from a theoretical 600mbps to 300mbps, and when there are usually multiple high bandwidth things being used at once, I'm worried about the network chugging. I work odd hours so usually it is my wife works from home, connected wirelessly to a Citrix server with sometimes using VoIP, and I'm either watching Netflix or gaming and using VoIP at the same time. Also, she streams Hulu or Amazon Prime while she works. We experience slow downs even when our current router is functioning properly.

When I'm not home there's no issue, but when I am and we are both using the above mentioned services, stuff chugs, which isn't ok for her working or for me gaming.

While only a few of our clients are AC capable at the moment (3 at the moment) it's more about "future proofing." Almost all of them are dual band, and as we upgrade and buy new devices were will be looking for faster ways to access our content.... Not sure why I just explained that on overclock, everyone here should understand that, lol.

So anyway to reiterate, because of our situation I really believe that dual band is a necessity. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Even just the 2.4 Ghz Unifi will support that many clients, without a problem. The reality of it isn't how many clients you have connecting to the network, but your total aggregate throughput. Even the basic Unifi easily supports ~30 clients with close to 100 Mbs of throughput. That said....

It sounds like you are using your connection for fairly important things, and frankly, I wouldn't want to cheap out on the network. To "future proof" and just have better performance, I would go with the Unifi AC. Yes, it is more expensive, but you would be considered a power user for home usage situations. You are also in about the worst situation you can be in for Wireless. So higher end gear is warranted, if not required for best performance.

Something to keep in mind is that the Over The Air rates printed on boxes are not the actual throughput rates, and are rates established in a hermetic environment. They do not represent real world performance. Trying to shove data through an 80 Mhz wide 5 Ghz channel in an apartment complex is going to be difficult. Wire everything you can, and of course wireless when that is the only option.

Two or there years ago 5 Ghz was nice and quiet, with very few devices in it. Now it is noisy as hell and almost as big of a nightmare as 2.4 Ghz. So, no matter which hardware device you go with, expect to do some tweaking in your situation.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker033 View Post

I wanted to thank everyone in this thread as I learned a bit and also just purchased an ubiquiti and can't wait to get it and set it up!

I have FiOS so I am stuck with their router; my incoming is in my basement and wifi reception (even with upgraded TP Link antennas) in some areas on the first floor are terrible, second floor even worse.

with that said, OP, you can use the ubiquiti with your existing router. Disable it's wifi and connect to the ubiquiti, it even comes with the PoE (power over ethernet adapter) and cables and everything:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XXMUCQ/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

I should have mine on Monday and will let you know how it goes.

I'd love to hear what you think of this product when you receive it today! I'm juggling between the UniFi AC AP and the Nighthawk, and I can't decide.

Also, I'm 100% positive my 2.4 band is dying, it quit last night and never came back up until I did a hard reboot. That was 3 hours after it quit. frown.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700k Asus Maximus Gene VIII Zotac 980ti Amp! Omega Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8) 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 512gb  Crucial m500 960gb Corsair h100i Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc97 Logitech g810 Seasonic Snow Silent 750w in-Win 303 Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech G440 Sony MDR-Z7 Creative t40 
Audio
Blue Yeti Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

So I looked at the tool you are using, and it is a very basic spectrum analyzer, and isn't going to show anything out of 802.11. In other words, if there is another noise source that is passing through the spectrum, it won't show it. It is only capable of identifying those 802.11 sources....

That said, if you are comfortable with the idea that it isn't noise, honestly being in an apartment I wouldn't be too comfortable saying that, then I would go back to my original post and suggestion that your router is just dying. If at all possible, try and borrow another router from someone and see if the issue still persists....

Oh, and noise sources that won't show up on your spectrum analyzer.

  • Microwave ovens - these typically operate in the upper 5 Ghz spectrum and can cause noise when in use. Microwave is microwave, in a little box heating food or over the air, RF is a hell of a thing.
  • Washer/Dryers that might not be fully grounded or plugged in - really any electric appliance. You can get a short that collapses and causes a transient spike that ejects RF, and bleeds through RF spectrum wiping out whatever is near by - this is very exotic and highly unlikely.
  • Cordless phones - these little beasts LOVE to fail and just destroy 5.8.

Just some food for thought. My next step would be to try a replacement router at this point, preferably one with directional external antenna.

FYI microwaves run in the 2.4GHz ISM band (aka wifi), not the 5GHz band. if you open the door and look, most will list the frequency on the border.

as for ubiquiti gear, they make great stuff. I've been very happy with their products (mostly WISP gear, never tried unifi).
 
Reginald
(14 items)
 
GLaDOS (v3)
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-970 @ 4.14GHz 1.350v P6T7 WS Supercomputer MSI 7970 GHz Edition HIS 6950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
48GB Crucial Ballistix @1660MHz 9-9-9-27 Momentus XT intel 480GB 520 series INX-720 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
win7pro Soyo P-MVA 1200p 24" Dell 24" 1200p Dell 17" 4:3 (market tickers) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Quietkey AX850 PC-Z60 Logitech G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.0 (stock volts) ASUS P5WDG2-WS PRO HIS 6950 2GB turbo (unlocked) 8GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
9550SX w/BBU + 4x 250GB 7.2k Raid 5 HL-DT-ST DVDRW GSA-H30L Kali Linux VNC (TC Rig, baby) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell QuietKey (PS2) Truepower Trio 650 Koolance PC3-420SL Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Reginald
(14 items)
 
GLaDOS (v3)
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-970 @ 4.14GHz 1.350v P6T7 WS Supercomputer MSI 7970 GHz Edition HIS 6950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
48GB Crucial Ballistix @1660MHz 9-9-9-27 Momentus XT intel 480GB 520 series INX-720 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
win7pro Soyo P-MVA 1200p 24" Dell 24" 1200p Dell 17" 4:3 (market tickers) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Quietkey AX850 PC-Z60 Logitech G5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.0 (stock volts) ASUS P5WDG2-WS PRO HIS 6950 2GB turbo (unlocked) 8GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
9550SX w/BBU + 4x 250GB 7.2k Raid 5 HL-DT-ST DVDRW GSA-H30L Kali Linux VNC (TC Rig, baby) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell QuietKey (PS2) Truepower Trio 650 Koolance PC3-420SL Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by u3b3rg33k View Post

FYI microwaves run in the 2.4GHz ISM band (aka wifi), not the 5GHz band. if you open the door and look, most will list the frequency on the border.

as for ubiquiti gear, they make great stuff. I've been very happy with their products (mostly WISP gear, never tried unifi).

Ah, yes, a typo I didn't catch.

Though a faulty Microwave oven can easily bleed out and impact everything from the ~2.4 Ghz and up depending on how bad it gets.
Edited by PostalTwinkie - 10/21/14 at 11:09am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Network Hardware
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Network Hardware › My network is driving me bonkers....need some help/advice