Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Extract and Flash GTX 970 and 980 Firmware - Zoson's H2O and AIR Custom BIOS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Extract and Flash GTX 970 and 980 Firmware - Zoson's H2O and AIR Custom BIOS - Page 18

post #171 of 6484
U need to increase voltage
post #172 of 6484
Is there any guide on how to do that,also is it worth doing this ? lets say i did increase the voltage an stuff will it be safe and how much frames will i get with games if i did this ?
sorry for asking too many questions i honestly have no clue about the whole thing
Edited by MKOB - 10/23/14 at 3:24am
post #173 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_8486 View Post

So is it worth increasing power limit on 970 g1, since i dont hit my power limit. I understand voltage is not working currently...

Changing the voltages in the voltage table did nothing for my overclock so I am not sure it will work in the G1. Maybe someone else will have a go at it but it doesn't look good.
post #174 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKOB View Post

Is there any guide on how to do that,also is it worth doing this ? lets say i did increase the voltage an stuff will it be safe and how much frames will i get with games if i did this ?
sorry for asking too many questions i honestly have no clue about the whole thing

Increase the volts will simply allow you to overclock your card further, meaning better performance. If you add volts but don't change your clocks, you won't notice any difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighStClair View Post

Changing the voltages in the voltage table did nothing for my overclock so I am not sure it will work in the G1. Maybe someone else will have a go at it but it doesn't look good.

MSI card works. Set voltage sliders to 1.3v and GPUz reports 1.275v on the sensors.

That's an increase from 1.256v, not much, but still an increase
Gaming
(5 items)
 
  
Reply
Gaming
(5 items)
 
  
Reply
post #175 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam0r View Post

Increase the volts will simply allow you to overclock your card further, meaning better performance. If you add volts but don't change your clocks, you won't notice any difference.
MSI card works. Set voltage sliders to 1.3v and GPUz reports 1.275v on the sensors.

That's an increase from 1.256v, not much, but still an increase

Hi Jam0r, thanks for the bios! I used them to flash my two cards, but I still seem to be locked at 110% power target even though I can change the settings exactly like you (125% and it shows the 1275mv voltage in precision).(Or maybe it's something else, just really confused why my Core Clock is changing so much) Here's a screenshot, not sure if it really shows anything:




I'm not very experienced with overclocking GPU's, but it seems like the voltage increased worked for me? Before I was getting Vop/Vrel messages, but now it just seems to show Pwr (Is that the power limit?). In the power consumption tab It goes to around 110-115%, but I'm confused as to why my cards are downclocking. My score in firestrike is even less than before when I had a constant 1560-1590'ish mhz, but looking at the charts they seem to show my GPU going very randomly from 1400mhz to 1620mhz. So confused @.@
post #176 of 6484
What CPU do you have?

I can't run benchmarks at the moment as i'm stuck at work so can only go on what happens when my system is mining which isn't perfect. It tests the core but the TDP is around 80% so obviously I can't reach the max at the moment.

Have you tried Heaven 4?
Gaming
(5 items)
 
  
Reply
Gaming
(5 items)
 
  
Reply
post #177 of 6484
Akima you are power limited, do you have an MSI card by any chance?
post #178 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam0r View Post

What CPU do you have?

I can't run benchmarks at the moment as i'm stuck at work so can only go on what happens when my system is mining which isn't perfect. It tests the core but the TDP is around 80% so obviously I can't reach the max at the moment.

Have you tried Heaven 4?

Yeah, very weird. It seem's to work better there. Here's a picture of what it looks like running that for a little while, everything looks constant. (The rightmost one where it's constant is heaven).



On another note, something else seems very weird. When benchmarking, things seem very "sped up". I've been getting TIME MEASUREMENT DATA NOT AVAILABLE" errors when running Firestrike and when doing the Heaven Benchmark it literally feels like its going through the scenes at a much faster pace than usual .. not sure >_<..

My cpu is a core i7 4790k @ 4.6ghz
post #179 of 6484
Quote:
Originally Posted by welly59 View Post

Akima you are power limited, do you have an MSI card by any chance?

Yes, I am running two MSI card's.

Well, I was able to get to 1650mhz on both my cards without any artifacts on heaven with a constant 1650, and the voltage stays at a constant 1.275v. When I look at the Power limit however it still seems to never really go above 110, it did jump to 112,113ish a few times it looks like but never higher than around there. Firestrike does not seem to work well at all, I just constantly get the variable clock rate and voltage.
Edited by Akima18 - 10/23/14 at 4:30am
post #180 of 6484
Big thanks JoeDirt, welly59 and DBEAU for the guide. I have sucessfully increased the powerlimit from 106% to 150%.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Extract and Flash GTX 970 and 980 Firmware - Zoson's H2O and AIR Custom BIOS