Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Extract and Flash GTX 970 and 980 Firmware - Zoson's H2O and AIR Custom BIOS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Extract and Flash GTX 970 and 980 Firmware - Zoson's H2O and AIR Custom BIOS - Page 402

post #4011 of 6472
I just bought a 980 from a fellow member with this custom bios at 15xx on the core and 4000 on the memory, obviously I'm guessing the memory has been underclocked to allow such a high core frequency, just wondering how high you can push the memory with the core in the 1500 range. When I get it in the mail I'll play around with it but I've been on amd for the last 3 year's so my ocing experience with nvidia is pretty limited. Any advice on this or just in general with nvidia cards would be awesome.
R@WR
(16 items)
 
Rawr V2
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) Asus Radeon R9 290 Corsair Dominator DHX Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Seagate Barracuda LG Super Multi XSPC Raystorm laing ddc 3.25, ex 240 Swiftech X... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro LG 24inch led Backlit Corsair K60 XFX 850WPro Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Ronin Steel Series Sensei Razer Goliathus Steel Series Siberius V2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Msi z77 mpower EVGA GTX 980 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Custom Water Cooling, Darkside 6 port reservoir... Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24 inch 1080P CM Quickfire Rapid, custom keys from WASD XFX Pro Fully modular 850W Gold Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 Razer Goliathus Roccat Kave True 5.1 Headset Asus Xonar DX 7.1 Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
R@WR
(16 items)
 
Rawr V2
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Z77 MPower (MS-7751) Asus Radeon R9 290 Corsair Dominator DHX Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Seagate Barracuda LG Super Multi XSPC Raystorm laing ddc 3.25, ex 240 Swiftech X... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro LG 24inch led Backlit Corsair K60 XFX 850WPro Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Ronin Steel Series Sensei Razer Goliathus Steel Series Siberius V2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Msi z77 mpower EVGA GTX 980 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Custom Water Cooling, Darkside 6 port reservoir... Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24 inch 1080P CM Quickfire Rapid, custom keys from WASD XFX Pro Fully modular 850W Gold Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M65 Razer Goliathus Roccat Kave True 5.1 Headset Asus Xonar DX 7.1 Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4012 of 6472
AFAIK, the EVGA SC ACX2.0 cards use a different, but nevertheless not better voltage regulator. It's also locked at a max 1.212V and you cannot add more voltage.
Even if there was a tool for the EVGA to add more voltage (which I don't think exists) I wouldn't use it since those cards have black screen problems once they reach and go beyond 200W TDP, according to my and others observation. (Or said differently: The higher the voltage, the likely the black screens might appear).

I have found that the 1.212V are *plenty* at least for up to 1530Mhz, in fact I have mine stable at 1.187V at 1506.

if the Strix would indeed "only" supply 1.175V this would be...unfortunate...but then I wouldn't be surprised seeing that the Strix has the lowest default TDP of all cards. It's really a card for silent freaks and (as with the EVGA, to a certain extent) not exactly an "overclocker card". Then again....if MOST people hit 1506-1550 with "normal" cards (which they do) I don't see much sense in a "tuned" card with 8 pin connectors, TWO even...or a TDP of 300W or other nonsense. It's not that you will 1700Mhz because of that. And I think even the Strix you may well get up to 1500ish with some bios modding, possibly even at only 1.175V if you have a good ASIC like 75%+
post #4013 of 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakewalk_S View Post

You cannot mod the bios using MBT to get over the stock voltage. All OC utilities including GPUz will report either 1.200v or 1.212v but in reality its only 1.175v from the ASP1212 voltage regulator. I've already been over this a ton. The ONLY way you can over volt the strix card is to use the GPU Tweak application directly from Asus. Careful though not to change the voltage table. If you do, you'll likely lock yourself out of having the ability to raise the voltage using GPU Tweak. I have modded bios thats stable but I cannot increase my voltage using GPU Tweak. Before on stock bios with just the power limit raised I could go upto 1.240v max. It will say 1.265v on the slider for GPU Tweak but in actual voltage its 1.240v max.
Thanks a lot for the answer mate biggrin.gif
I will just Try to overvolt them with GPU Tweak smile.gif +rep for you!
post #4014 of 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakewalk_S View Post

You cannot mod the bios using MBT to get over the stock voltage. All OC utilities including GPUz will report either 1.200v or 1.212v but in reality its only 1.175v from the ASP1212 voltage regulator. I've already been over this a ton. The ONLY way you can over volt the strix card is to use the GPU Tweak application directly from Asus. Careful though not to change the voltage table. If you do, you'll likely lock yourself out of having the ability to raise the voltage using GPU Tweak. I have modded bios thats stable but I cannot increase my voltage using GPU Tweak. Before on stock bios with just the power limit raised I could go upto 1.240v max. It will say 1.265v on the slider for GPU Tweak but in actual voltage its 1.240v max.

I have now tested GPU Tweak. The voltage slider still stops at 1.213V..
Do you have to make a workaround to get more Voltage than that?

It's Ver: 2.8.2.0, Dowloaded directly from ASUS' site.
post #4015 of 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReXtN View Post

I have now tested GPU Tweak. The voltage slider still stops at 1.213V..
Do you have to make a workaround to get more Voltage than that?

It's Ver: 2.8.2.0, Dowloaded directly from ASUS' site.

Never mind me... *facepalm*
I couldn't even find the "Overclocking range enhancement" button.. tongue.gif hahah

Voltage here i come! biggrin.gif
post #4016 of 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReXtN View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReXtN View Post

I have now tested GPU Tweak. The voltage slider still stops at 1.213V..
Do you have to make a workaround to get more Voltage than that?

It's Ver: 2.8.2.0, Dowloaded directly from ASUS' site.

Never mind me... *facepalm*
I couldn't even find the "Overclocking range enhancement" button.. tongue.gif hahah

Voltage here i come! biggrin.gif

Keep an eye on the monitoring portion of the software. You'll be able to go upto 1.265v but it won't actually be that. You can also confirm this running HWInfo... But don't run gputweak and hwinfo at the same time, Itll crash your system. Only run 1 or the other.
post #4017 of 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakewalk_S View Post

Keep an eye on the monitoring portion of the software. You'll be able to go upto 1.265v but it won't actually be that. You can also confirm this running HWInfo... But don't run gputweak and hwinfo at the same time, Itll crash your system. Only run 1 or the other.

Ukay, It was reporting between 1.24V and 1.265V last night..
I will check with HWinfo later on.
Does HWinfo show the Voltage accurately?

+Rep Again for the Warnings M8 wink.gif
post #4018 of 6472
Thanks for the tutorial post.
post #4019 of 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReXtN View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakewalk_S View Post

Keep an eye on the monitoring portion of the software. You'll be able to go upto 1.265v but it won't actually be that. You can also confirm this running HWInfo... But don't run gputweak and hwinfo at the same time, Itll crash your system. Only run 1 or the other.

Ukay, It was reporting between 1.24V and 1.265V last night..
I will check with HWinfo later on.
Does HWinfo show the Voltage accurately?

+Rep Again for the Warnings M8 wink.gif

Hwinfo pulls directly from the voltage controller feeding the gpu the voltage, do yes, it's accurate.
post #4020 of 6472
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexy123 View Post

AFAIK, the EVGA SC ACX2.0 cards use a different, but nevertheless not better voltage regulator. It's also locked at a max 1.212V and you cannot add more voltage.
Even if there was a tool for the EVGA to add more voltage (which I don't think exists) I wouldn't use it since those cards have black screen problems once they reach and go beyond 200W TDP, according to my and others observation. (Or said differently: The higher the voltage, the likely the black screens might appear).

This is not true.
ONLY the Classies and "FTW" versions of the EVGA SC ACX cards use a different voltage controller. The standard SC ACX 2.0 is still a reference card with a reference VRM. Any reference card should be able to reach 1.312v.
With 1.212v both my cards will only reach about 1460MHz. The scaling does break down at higher voltages, but it is there.
Zostacular 2.0
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5960x ASUS Rampage V Extreme EVGA GTX 980 EVGA GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair LPX DDR4 3000MHz Samsung 840 EVO WD Red 3TB Pioneer BDR 203 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supreme HF Full Gold MCP35x2 Nemesis 240 Nemesis 120 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
6x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 Windows 10 Professional ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q QNIX 2710 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard Professional Corsair RM1000 Cubitek Magic Cube AIO Razer Deathadder 3500 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Swans M10 V-MODA Crossfade M100 
  hide details  
Reply
Zostacular 2.0
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5960x ASUS Rampage V Extreme EVGA GTX 980 EVGA GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair LPX DDR4 3000MHz Samsung 840 EVO WD Red 3TB Pioneer BDR 203 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supreme HF Full Gold MCP35x2 Nemesis 240 Nemesis 120 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
6x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 Windows 10 Professional ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q QNIX 2710 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard Professional Corsair RM1000 Cubitek Magic Cube AIO Razer Deathadder 3500 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Swans M10 V-MODA Crossfade M100 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Extract and Flash GTX 970 and 980 Firmware - Zoson's H2O and AIR Custom BIOS