Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › AMD Catalyst 14.9.1 Beta Driver for Windows is out now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Catalyst 14.9.1 Beta Driver for Windows is out now - Page 5

post #41 of 56
If that's a workaround I'm glad to try it, but I'd say the problem lies with the drivers since it's a perfectly valid combination of display outputs.
post #42 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle View Post

If that's a workaround I'm glad to try it, but I'd say the problem lies with the drivers since it's a perfectly valid combination of display outputs.

just a suggestion. make sure you got this setting in Link state . . .

Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle View Post

If that's a workaround I'm glad to try it, but I'd say the problem lies with the drivers since it's a perfectly valid combination of display outputs.
"Valid"??? biggrin.gif
It works, but it's giving you artifacts. Because the protocols and timings are different.

You're not using Eyefinity, but just three monitors in Windows?
Have you enabled Eyefinity in CCC?
post #44 of 56
Guys have you drops fps in BF4 ? Because i have little drops FPS but Im NOt sure it is problem with drivers. Card on stock , cpu 4,4 stable.
post #45 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmcieK View Post

Guys have you drops fps in BF4 ? Because i have little drops FPS but Im NOt sure it is problem with drivers. Card on stock , cpu 4,4 stable.

It's a problem with Bugfield 4, lots of stuttering, rubberbanding and server lagging with the last patch.
post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvedLine View Post

"Valid"??? biggrin.gif
It works, but it's giving you artifacts. Because the protocols and timings are different.

You're not using Eyefinity, but just three monitors in Windows?
Have you enabled Eyefinity in CCC?

Sure, valid meaning any combination of outputs it supports. It doesn't matter one bit if you mix output types.

---

I did try disabling link state power management, but unfortunately it made no difference.
post #47 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle View Post

[...]

Sure, valid meaning any combination of outputs it supports. It doesn't matter one bit if you mix output types.

---

[...]

Read THIS.
post #48 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvedLine View Post

Read THIS.

While interesting, that post is addressing an entirely different issue that is not at all related to mine.
post #49 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvedLine View Post

Read THIS.

While interesting, that post is addressing an entirely different issue that is not at all related to mine.

Well. You claimed "It doesn't matter one bit if you mix output types."

I responded -with the link to that post- saying that:
AMD explains that using two or more monitors you may get artifacts (in my case: tearing) when the monitors are not using the same protocol, timing or interface.

But i don't care. thumb.gif
post #50 of 56
If logical integrity is important to you, it should be noted that I posted about a specific issue related to monitors not waking up, not a frame timing issue. Somebody suggested a workaround for that specific issue and I stated I'd be happy to try it even though there was no reason I should have to use all the same type of output. You quoted that specific statement and suggested that my choice of outputs was giving me artifacts. It was not producing visual artifacts. It was causing displays not to wake up. Now you claim you were talking about generalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle View Post

If that's a workaround I'm glad to try it, but I'd say the problem lies with the drivers since it's a perfectly valid combination of display outputs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvedLine View Post

"Valid"??? biggrin.gif
It works, but it's giving you artifacts. Because the protocols and timings are different.

You're not using Eyefinity, but just three monitors in Windows?
Have you enabled Eyefinity in CCC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvedLine View Post

Well. You claimed "It doesn't matter one bit if you mix output types."

I responded -with the link to that post- saying that:
AMD explains that using two or more monitors you may get artifacts (in my case: tearing) when the monitors are not using the same protocol, timing or interface.

But i don't care. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › AMD Catalyst 14.9.1 Beta Driver for Windows is out now