Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › [kotaku]The Kind of Video Game Violence That Disturbs Me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[kotaku]The Kind of Video Game Violence That Disturbs Me - Page 12

post #111 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCLimax View Post

i did, the circle jerk ignored it.

im attempting to not ignore it. can you link the source or do you want to continue to be a jerk?
post #112 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames21891 View Post

As I stated before, I think the game is in poor taste but it technically has a right to exist. I won't be buying/playing it simply because it rubs me the wrong way, but if it floats someone else' boat then more power to them I guess. It is, after all, a completely fictional game and isn't actually harming anyone or anything.

I think what I disagree with most, actually, is that the developers didn't make this game because it's the game they wanted to make, they simply made it to see how many feathers they can ruffle. They basically trolled in C++.


This. There is a huge difference from a game trying to be offensive and a game that has offensive material but is justified for whatever reason.


i.e the Sniper Elite games may have swastikas (never played the games so idk) but that is completely different from me making a holocaust simulator.
First Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-4370 ASROCK H97M PR04 380x Nitro Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial M500 120GB Seagage 320GB Caviar Blue 1TB Windows 8.1 x86-64 
PowerCase
XFX 550W PS07B 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-4370 ASROCK H97M PR04 380x Nitro Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial M500 120GB Seagage 320GB Caviar Blue 1TB Windows 8.1 x86-64 
PowerCase
XFX 550W PS07B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 266
I think the most offensive part was how juvenile and immature the trailer was. the guy's voice.... it's like an emo 12 year old trapped in a big-boned, chain-smoking, forty-year-old's body.
Mini 250D
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-I Plus EVGA GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor M8Pe NVMe Crucial MX100 Sandisk Ultra II  Samsung Momentus 2.5" 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial C300 Corsair H100 Windows 10 Pro Dell U2713HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster Rapid-I Rosewill Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech M570 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-700 Massdrop O2 DAC/AMP 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini 250D
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4690K Asus Z97-I Plus EVGA GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor M8Pe NVMe Crucial MX100 Sandisk Ultra II  Samsung Momentus 2.5" 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial C300 Corsair H100 Windows 10 Pro Dell U2713HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster Rapid-I Rosewill Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech M570 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-700 Massdrop O2 DAC/AMP 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

the human brain is known for making connections
I naturally connect what I see on my screen to what has happened in our worlds. Please forgive me.

A book/show/tv you're watching/imagining something unfold, a video game you're literally committing/executing the actions. But hey, it's 100% virtual so no harm done. The pixels on my monitor aren't actually bleeding and I'm not going to jail so that flies well with me.

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. YOU make those connections. I would argue any healthy human mental state would be able to easily separate the two worlds. The only time games or media in general affect the human brain negatively is when there was a preexisting condition. There was a article released by PBS stating studies that have verified this.

You are just uncomfortable playing the "bad guy" and thats fine. But stop this foolish argument to somehow discredit this game when it is not even the most violent one out there. Tons more games or movies with a lot more grusom violence than this game has. Not even sure why this is a conversation on this forum. I'm stumped considering its not even the worst game out there for this type of material.
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
post #115 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiejuggalo View Post

Technically when ever you see, buy or rent a movie your spending money on it and the company that made said movie is profiting, not really much different apart from you not fully actively taking part in it even tho it is "just a movie"

The part of this game that I dislike is that the player is actively killing people for no reason other than their satisfaction. Which is stated in the opening scene of the game. You don't think there's a difference between watching a movie and acting as the character who's murdering people for their own pleasure in a game?

If this game had a perspective other than murdering because the character likes it, I wouldn't have a problem with it. COD and the Battlefield series don't erk me like this does because it's kill or be killed, you're playing as a character with threats against them.
So Quiet
(16 items)
 
Router
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K X99-A EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC GSkill Ripjaw V 4x8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S 10 EDU 2x Dell U2715H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm gunmetal and browns Cooler Master V850 Cooler Master XB EVO Logitech G403 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
TECKNET Fluance SX6  S.M.S.L SA-60 Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E3-1225 V3 Gigabyte H81M-DS2V Crucial Ballistix Sport 2X2GB  Hitachi Deskstar 320GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cryorig M9i pfSense Capstone 450W Rosewill RSV-L4500 
OtherOther
Intel 9301CT Intel 9301CT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1225 V3 Asrock Rack C226 WS HD P4600 Crucial 16GB ECC  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX100  4 WD Red 2TB RAID 0+1 HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB Yep 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Seasonic 450RM Rosewill RSV-L4500 
Other
Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port 
  hide details  
Reply
So Quiet
(16 items)
 
Router
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K X99-A EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC GSkill Ripjaw V 4x8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S 10 EDU 2x Dell U2715H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm gunmetal and browns Cooler Master V850 Cooler Master XB EVO Logitech G403 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
TECKNET Fluance SX6  S.M.S.L SA-60 Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E3-1225 V3 Gigabyte H81M-DS2V Crucial Ballistix Sport 2X2GB  Hitachi Deskstar 320GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Cryorig M9i pfSense Capstone 450W Rosewill RSV-L4500 
OtherOther
Intel 9301CT Intel 9301CT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1225 V3 Asrock Rack C226 WS HD P4600 Crucial 16GB ECC  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX100  4 WD Red 2TB RAID 0+1 HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB Yep 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Seasonic 450RM Rosewill RSV-L4500 
Other
Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 266
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberrero View Post

I think the most offensive part was how juvenile and immature the trailer was. the guy's voice.... it's like an emo 12 year old trapped in a big-boned, chain-smoking, forty-year-old's body.
I agree, I like this one with music better, it's less angsty and more tragic with what the player is experiencing.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #117 of 266
well it didnt take long for this thread to turn into a bunch of butt hurt whiners.
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

well it didnt take long for this thread to turn into a bunch of butt hurt whiners.


What a subtle way to pat yourself on the back. thumb.gif

But seriously, its a forum. I don't get why people go on them and then get upset when they encounter an opinion that isn't theirs.
Edited by NuclearPeace - 10/19/14 at 4:52pm
First Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-4370 ASROCK H97M PR04 380x Nitro Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial M500 120GB Seagage 320GB Caviar Blue 1TB Windows 8.1 x86-64 
PowerCase
XFX 550W PS07B 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-4370 ASROCK H97M PR04 380x Nitro Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial M500 120GB Seagage 320GB Caviar Blue 1TB Windows 8.1 x86-64 
PowerCase
XFX 550W PS07B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

The part of this game that I dislike is that the player is actively killing people for no reason other than their satisfaction. Which is stated in the opening scene of the game. You don't think there's a difference between watching a movie and acting as the character who's murdering people for their own pleasure in a game?

If this game had a perspective other than murdering because the character likes it, I wouldn't have a problem with it. COD and the Battlefield series don't erk me like this does because it's kill or be killed, you're playing as a character with threats against them.

So I guess you have a problem with Star Wars games since as a Sith you kill people all the time for the heck of it, during it you're watching the person choke to death then collapse dead. You also chop up people with your light saber.
post #120 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaggio1103 View Post

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. YOU make those connections. I would argue any healthy human mental state would be able to easily separate the two worlds. The only time games or media in general affect the human brain negatively is when there was a preexisting condition. There was a article released by PBS stating studies that have verified this.

You are just uncomfortable playing the "bad guy" and thats fine. But stop this foolish argument to somehow discredit this game when it is not even the most violent one out there. Tons more games or movies with a lot more grusom violence than this game has. Not even sure why this is a conversation on this forum. I'm stumped considering its not even the worst game out there for this type of material.

yes, I'm totally embarrassed to state a fact in biology while you're playing armchair psychologist.

It has nothing to do with amount of gore or the act of violence, it's all about context. you can make me watch The Human Centepede for 24 hours and I'll feel disgusted but I wont complain because I know there's lots of twisted people in this world but surely none have made it this far? tongue.gif Make me watch a child molesting scene or school shooting and my eyes will roll into the back of my head as my moral compass goes completely out of wack.
Edited by twitchyzero - 10/19/14 at 4:53pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H-WB EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Green DDR3 4X4GB @ 2.1GHz Samsung 850 Pro 2TB Samsung SpinPoint F4 EcoGreen 2TB HDD LG GH24NS72 DVD Rewriter 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Liquid Cooler Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM E-IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard Rev 2 Seasonic X-750 80+ Gold 750W Rev 3 Corsair Carbide 500R Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Alienware TactX Gaming Mouse 5000DPI SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mousepad Edifier M3300SF 2.1 Speaker Set 54W RMS Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser HD 650 Open-Ear Headphones Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Res USB DAC/ Por... Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad  Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core m7-6Y75 vPro Intel Graphics HD 515 DDR3L-1600MHz 8GB Samsung 960 Pro 1TB  
OSMonitorOther
Windows 10 Pro x64 Sharp IGZO 4K UHD touch Dell x Wacom active stylus 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H-WB EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB @ 1.3/7.1GHz 1.21V 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Green DDR3 4X4GB @ 2.1GHz Samsung 850 Pro 2TB Samsung SpinPoint F4 EcoGreen 2TB HDD LG GH24NS72 DVD Rewriter 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Swiftech H240-X Liquid Cooler Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM E-IPS Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Ultrasharp U2311H E-IPS Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard Rev 2 Seasonic X-750 80+ Gold 750W Rev 3 Corsair Carbide 500R Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Alienware TactX Gaming Mouse 5000DPI SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mousepad Edifier M3300SF 2.1 Speaker Set 54W RMS Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Sennheiser HD 650 Open-Ear Headphones Creative Sound Blaster E5 High-Res USB DAC/ Por... Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad  Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core m7-6Y75 vPro Intel Graphics HD 515 DDR3L-1600MHz 8GB Samsung 960 Pro 1TB  
OSMonitorOther
Windows 10 Pro x64 Sharp IGZO 4K UHD touch Dell x Wacom active stylus 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › [kotaku]The Kind of Video Game Violence That Disturbs Me