Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Recommend me a sub $300 1920x1200 24" display
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recommend me a sub $300 1920x1200 24" display - Page 2

post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

Any links? What about warranty?

Check monoprice. They all basically have the same panel in them. Different boards and finishes.
eNVy
(13 items)
 
"47"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960x EVGA X99 Micro EVGA GTX Titan X EVGA GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair LPX 2400mhz DDR4 Samsung Evo 1TB BItspower CPU block 2 Aquacomputer GTX Titan X Nickel and Glass 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
3 Dazmode ultra slim 240mm Parvum F1 Black Fans Windows 10 Corsair AX1200i 
Case
Custom Parvum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Intel i5-6500 EVGA Z170 Stinger Visiontek R9 Fury X Fully watercooled by EK Waterblocks 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Nixeus VUE24A EVGA 650 GS NZXZT Manta - Matte White 
  hide details  
Reply
eNVy
(13 items)
 
"47"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960x EVGA X99 Micro EVGA GTX Titan X EVGA GTX Titan X 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair LPX 2400mhz DDR4 Samsung Evo 1TB BItspower CPU block 2 Aquacomputer GTX Titan X Nickel and Glass 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
3 Dazmode ultra slim 240mm Parvum F1 Black Fans Windows 10 Corsair AX1200i 
Case
Custom Parvum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Intel i5-6500 EVGA Z170 Stinger Visiontek R9 Fury X Fully watercooled by EK Waterblocks 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Nixeus VUE24A EVGA 650 GS NZXZT Manta - Matte White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

Any links? What about warranty?

They're all over ebay - amazon etc etc

Here's the one I have: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Official-Dealer-CROSSOVER-27QW-IPS-LED-27-LG-AH-IPS-2560X1440-QHD-PC-Monitor-/141115538942?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20db243dfe

This is cheaper, never tried it: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-WASABI-MANGO-QHD275-Dual-HDMI-27-LED-2560x1440-S-IPS-QHD-Computer-Monitor-/111309673435?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19ea92d3db

They come with a one year warranty (I believe, not sure as I never bought a monitor unless it was local)
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
post #13 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunneY View Post

Check monoprice. They all basically have the same panel in them. Different boards and finishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkLord100 View Post

They're all over ebay - amazon etc etc

Here's the one I have: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Official-Dealer-CROSSOVER-27QW-IPS-LED-27-LG-AH-IPS-2560X1440-QHD-PC-Monitor-/141115538942?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20db243dfe

This is cheaper, never tried it: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-WASABI-MANGO-QHD275-Dual-HDMI-27-LED-2560x1440-S-IPS-QHD-Computer-Monitor-/111309673435?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19ea92d3db

They come with a one year warranty (I believe, not sure as I never bought a monitor unless it was local)


Thanks guys. Think I want to stick with a brand that offers 3+ year warranty though.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post


Thanks guys. Think I want to stick with a brand that offers 3+ year warranty though.

Compromises have to be made.

1 year = the awesomeness of 1440p that shall prevail and destroy all other monitors
3 years = 1200p, the resolution of 2010

to each his own
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
post #15 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkLord100 View Post

Compromises have to be made.

1 year = the awesomeness of 1440p that shall prevail and destroy all other monitors
3 years = 1200p, the resolution of 2010

to each his own


I hear you man, just don't feel comfortable with non-name brand panels for down the line. I don't buy new monitors every 1-2 years. I want these to last me a good 4-5 years. So if I did decide to go 1440p, I'd probably just bite the bullet and pay the $500+ per display for the peace of mind.
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

I hear you man, just don't feel comfortable with non-name brand panels for down the line. I don't buy new monitors every 1-2 years. I want these to last me a good 4-5 years. So if I did decide to go 1440p, I'd probably just bite the bullet and pay the $500+ per display for the peace of mind.

A monitor should not sit on the same desk for more than 2 - 3 years max, there's a new technology coming out every 30 days that beats the older one by miles. In two years time you will look at a recent monitor at work or at a store and go wow, I'm living in the dark ages, time to upgrade (in my case anyways lol)

but I have friends like you that would only buy stuff brand new even if it means an extra $500 - $750 on the same pc cuz of the peace of mind they get with brand new parts (his $170 corsair power supply still burned after 3 months lol)

I guess I'm just cheap tongue.gif
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkLord100 View Post

A monitor should not sit on the same desk for more than 2 - 3 years max, there's a new technology coming out every 30 days that beats the older one by miles. In two years time you will look at a recent monitor at work or at a store and go wow, I'm living in the dark ages, time to upgrade (in my case anyways lol)

but I have friends like you that would only buy stuff brand new even if it means an extra $500 - $750 on the same pc cuz of the peace of mind they get with brand new parts (his $170 corsair power supply still burned after 3 months lol)

I guess I'm just cheap tongue.gif


If I was a gamer I'd agree with you, but I'm not. I'm not going to need the newest technology to remote into servers, work on excel documents, and web browse. If I ever game it's once or twice a month if that.
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

If I was a gamer I'd agree with you, but I'm not. I'm not going to need the newest technology to remote into servers, work on excel documents, and web browse. If I ever game it's once or twice a month if that.

well, good luck, if you were in Ottawa, I would've invited you over and would've showed you both monitors side by side. wink.gif
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
post #19 of 24
I replaced my 1200p that I bought in 2009 which was dying with a Korean 1440P monitor. I got the Qnix evolution II which overclocks since I spend half my time gaming on it. It was one of the best gamble purchases I have took in a long time and it really paid off. If you buy from Ebay, you can buy a square trade warranty on them which is a 3 year warranty for like $50 or something like that.
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_kenshin View Post

I replaced my 1200p that I bought in 2009 which was dying with a Korean 1440P monitor. I got the Qnix evolution II which overclocks since I spend half my time gaming on it. It was one of the best gamble purchases I have took in a long time and it really paid off. If you buy from Ebay, you can buy a square trade warranty on them which is a 3 year warranty for like $50 or something like that.

I didn't even know that, problem solved! BUY IT BUY IT, DO IT thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
Wanted: Looking for a GTX 970
$9,999 (USD)
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Recommend me a sub $300 1920x1200 24" display