Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Popping the Cherry MX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Popping the Cherry MX - Page 3

post #21 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty1ky View Post

Personally, I prefer the Greens. I know you say you're between blue and brown, but the Greens are ever so slightly firmer Blues and they are much more satisfying to type with I think. However, if you are willing, you should also look at Razer switches, which are Cherry's Blues with a higher actuation point, and kailh Blues, which are in between Cherry blues and greens.

I only have the option of the cherry MX colors I have previously mentioned, as they are the ones only available for the keyboard brand + langugage layout I gonna buy. Thanks anyways.
post #22 of 32
Thread Starter 
I have been pressing away on this Cherry MX test board for quite some time now and tried with the different O-rings, and still undecided.
The blue feel so good under my fingers, but the clicky noise and the possible risk of double input a key makes me a bit hesitant. The brown is the safer bet, but I kinda miss the feeling of the blues, damn this is hard frown.gif
post #23 of 32
Sorry I wasn't much help, I just wanted you to be able to make an informed decision :3
personally if I had to pick between the two, I would go with blues. I think the auditory feedback really helps me focus on typing.

But to counter what Jinx said, razer does their own quality control on the switches, and they are guaranteed for 60 mil. Keystrokes.
post #24 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty1ky View Post

Sorry I wasn't much help, I just wanted you to be able to make an informed decision :3
personally if I had to pick between the two, I would go with blues. I think the auditory feedback really helps me focus on typing.

But to counter what Jinx said, razer does their own quality control on the switches, and they are guaranteed for 60 mil. Keystrokes.

No worries, I appreciate your input. I won't be going with razer, I already know what keboard brand I gonna buy, only need to make up my mind between blue and brown.
post #25 of 32
If you aren't double tapping for movement, mechanical keyboards aren't worth it.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 between 4 - 4.4GHz Gigabyte UD7 Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 1070 FE 2000MHz CL8.8.8.24 1T tRFC 88 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128Gb OCZ VertexLE 100Gb Megahalems  Windows 10 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Corsair K70  EVGA Supernova T2 1000W Lian Li PC-A20 
MouseAudio
Sidewinder MX5 Creative Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 between 4 - 4.4GHz Gigabyte UD7 Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 1070 FE 2000MHz CL8.8.8.24 1T tRFC 88 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128Gb OCZ VertexLE 100Gb Megahalems  Windows 10 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Corsair K70  EVGA Supernova T2 1000W Lian Li PC-A20 
MouseAudio
Sidewinder MX5 Creative Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmember View Post

If you aren't double tapping for movement, mechanical keyboards aren't worth it.

Could not be more wrong. Totally worth it in the precision alone I get from one of these keyboards. Never a missed input in game I play was well worth the measly 100 bucks that otherwise would have went towards a rubber dome. Any one who makes the statement as you did has not truly experienced a mech keyboard. No offense of course.
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaggio1103 View Post

Could not be more wrong. Totally worth it in the precision alone I get from one of these keyboards. Never a missed input in game I play was well worth the measly 100 bucks that otherwise would have went towards a rubber dome. Any one who makes the statement as you did has not truly experienced a mech keyboard. No offense of course.


It's totally cool! We agree to disagree smile.gif

I played Unreal Tournament III, DM, CTF, Duel, Greed for 5yrs exclusively. Went from a MS Natural KB to the keyboard I am typing on now which is a Steelseries 6Gv2 with Cherry MX Blacks. Did about 4-5 months on it and after an hour of constant double tapping for movement the heavy weight of the blacks became tiring. Went to a Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds. Nowadays I'm only playing Rising Storm and there is no need to double tap for movement or dodging. The statement couldn't be more true for me.

How many games have you played that incorporate double tapping for movement, or dodging?
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 between 4 - 4.4GHz Gigabyte UD7 Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 1070 FE 2000MHz CL8.8.8.24 1T tRFC 88 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128Gb OCZ VertexLE 100Gb Megahalems  Windows 10 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Corsair K70  EVGA Supernova T2 1000W Lian Li PC-A20 
MouseAudio
Sidewinder MX5 Creative Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 between 4 - 4.4GHz Gigabyte UD7 Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 1070 FE 2000MHz CL8.8.8.24 1T tRFC 88 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128Gb OCZ VertexLE 100Gb Megahalems  Windows 10 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Corsair K70  EVGA Supernova T2 1000W Lian Li PC-A20 
MouseAudio
Sidewinder MX5 Creative Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 32
I would go for Reds, as Blues are worse than the c0ck that keeps me up at night.
 
Acer 5735z
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700k  Gigabyte Z68MA-D3H-B3 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1 4GB  CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Patriot Pyro SSD (Windows 8.1) WD Green 1.5 TB WD Velociraptor (OSx 10.9) none 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Mac OSx 10.9 Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell 24 inch x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Orion Spark G910 Rosewill HIVE 550 watt modular  Corsair 230T Logitech Proteus Core G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Wood yo AltecLansing that TB13 gave me  Logitech G930 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Core 2 Duo  AMD A-6800k  Asus thing 4500 MHD 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung stuff 160 GB WD blue Whatever comes with it. Ha really? 
OSMonitor
Mac OSx 10.7.2 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Acer 5735z
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700k  Gigabyte Z68MA-D3H-B3 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1 4GB  CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Patriot Pyro SSD (Windows 8.1) WD Green 1.5 TB WD Velociraptor (OSx 10.9) none 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Mac OSx 10.9 Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Dell 24 inch x3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Orion Spark G910 Rosewill HIVE 550 watt modular  Corsair 230T Logitech Proteus Core G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Wood yo AltecLansing that TB13 gave me  Logitech G930 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Core 2 Duo  AMD A-6800k  Asus thing 4500 MHD 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung stuff 160 GB WD blue Whatever comes with it. Ha really? 
OSMonitor
Mac OSx 10.7.2 1366x768 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmember View Post

It's totally cool! We agree to disagree smile.gif

I played Unreal Tournament III, DM, CTF, Duel, Greed for 5yrs exclusively. Went from a MS Natural KB to the keyboard I am typing on now which is a Steelseries 6Gv2 with Cherry MX Blacks. Did about 4-5 months on it and after an hour of constant double tapping for movement the heavy weight of the blacks became tiring. Went to a Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds. Nowadays I'm only playing Rising Storm and there is no need to double tap for movement or dodging. The statement couldn't be more true for me.

How many games have you played that incorporate double tapping for movement, or dodging?

I dont play much FPS these days however I double tap plenty in MOBA games, most other games as well that I can think off. Dota 2 is really handy to be able to double tap to self cast(a problem I had plenty with the rubber domes) However I did not even bring that up as a reason. My main concern is the NKRO and precision that the mechs bring to my games and my workload when typing. I type so much slower on a dome than I do my cherry reds with dampers.

You have mentioned double tapping twice in this thread and again in the other keyboard thread. Its not the only benefit Im sure the OP is aware of.
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaggio1103 View Post

I dont play much FPS these days however I double tap plenty in MOBA games, most other games as well that I can think off. Dota 2 is really handy to be able to double tap to self cast(a problem I had plenty with the rubber domes) However I did not even bring that up as a reason. My main concern is the NKRO and precision that the mechs bring to my games and my workload when typing. I type so much slower on a dome than I do my cherry reds with dampers.

You have mentioned double tapping twice in this thread and again in the other keyboard thread. Its not the only benefit Im sure the OP is aware of.

As you have finally mentioned what other games use double tap I am now aware other games besides the UT and Quake series use double tap for something.

I'm not trying to argue with the following but just want to say that while the narrow scope of my comment was about dodging and movement, the basis of what was meant is the use of double tapping whether dodging, or doing something else in a game. That can simply be extracted if the person knows the game they play incorporates that, which would further facilitate a reason to look for a mechanical gaming keyboard. And yes in the other post the OP mentioned "Well I mostly play FPSs like battlefield and CoD" IIRC I don't remember double tapping for anything in BF: Bad Company, or COD 4, or COD:WAW. So without the OP mentioning what games or reason they want a mechanical keyboard for, the difference between 30-40 $ for a keyboard vs 100$ is enough to say 'Hey hold on, what are you buying a mechanical gaming keyboard for?" Or something to that effect. I choose to get a gaming keyboard because the game I was already playing used double tap for movement and dodging. That is the main criteria I look for when people post about buying a gaming keyboard. While I am now using both the Black and Red Cherry MX boards for both of my machines and they are pleasurable to type on it wasn't the main priority when it came down to weighing my decision on buying one or not.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 between 4 - 4.4GHz Gigabyte UD7 Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 1070 FE 2000MHz CL8.8.8.24 1T tRFC 88 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128Gb OCZ VertexLE 100Gb Megahalems  Windows 10 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Corsair K70  EVGA Supernova T2 1000W Lian Li PC-A20 
MouseAudio
Sidewinder MX5 Creative Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 between 4 - 4.4GHz Gigabyte UD7 Rev 2.0 EVGA GTX 1070 FE 2000MHz CL8.8.8.24 1T tRFC 88 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128Gb OCZ VertexLE 100Gb Megahalems  Windows 10 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Corsair K70  EVGA Supernova T2 1000W Lian Li PC-A20 
MouseAudio
Sidewinder MX5 Creative Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Popping the Cherry MX