Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › FX 9590 + Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 high temps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FX 9590 + Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 high temps - Page 5

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro03 View Post

I don't will down the clock, I want to increase, lol, but I'm consider to not pass the
I'll decrease the voltage, which already is in 1.475000, I think I can get 1.452000.


So guys the gc extreme in full load down the temps of 72º to 58º, so that I thinks the first problem always was the thermal compound.

I'll continue the tests, so I'll come back with news =D, so thanks guys for the help, I'll be in touch.

72c is totally unacceptable on vishera chip. You MUST stay below 63 if you want your CPU to last you a while. 72c on vishera is like 105c on an Intel chip.
Fractal Fury
(9 items)
 
TJ08-e Reborn!
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930k ASRock X99m Killer AMD Radeon Fury X G-Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb 
Hard DriveCoolingKeyboardPower
Kingston Hyper-X Predator M.2 Corsair H100i GTX Ducky Shine III (MX Blue) EVGA Supernova 750 G2 
Case
Fractal Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
Fractal Fury
(9 items)
 
TJ08-e Reborn!
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5930k ASRock X99m Killer AMD Radeon Fury X G-Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb 
Hard DriveCoolingKeyboardPower
Kingston Hyper-X Predator M.2 Corsair H100i GTX Ducky Shine III (MX Blue) EVGA Supernova 750 G2 
Case
Fractal Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 49
I have the fx 9590 watercooled with 240 radiator
990fx crosshair V formula Z
It is a very hot cpu
I turned off the turbo and did undervolt



sorry for my english, i'm spanish
Edited by paconan - 11/11/14 at 4:31pm
post #43 of 49
I actually have pretty much an identical case.. the Thor V2..

When I had it with my FX-9590 I was able to keep temps under 62*c with as-5 and the AMD FX branded AIO cooler (kuhler 920 essentially) which is definitely worse then the h100...

Hopefully that Gelid works for you, it showed great improvements for me, though I never did get the chance to try it on my 9590.

What fans are those on the h100? Can't tell from the pic..

I switched to CM Jetflo's and they worked wonders for me as well
The Struggle (4k)
(20 items)
 
File Server
(12 items)
 
Lenovo G50-45
(6 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Athlon II X2 250u Nvidia 6150SE  2gb DDR3 1066mhz Windows 10 Home 64 bit 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD R5 Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3L 1866 CAS10 Crucial BX100 250gb 
Optical DriveOS
DVD Windows 10 Home 
  hide details  
Reply
The Struggle (4k)
(20 items)
 
File Server
(12 items)
 
Lenovo G50-45
(6 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Athlon II X2 250u Nvidia 6150SE  2gb DDR3 1066mhz Windows 10 Home 64 bit 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD R5 Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3L 1866 CAS10 Crucial BX100 250gb 
Optical DriveOS
DVD Windows 10 Home 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 49
You wasted your money on an H100i. Just because some random guy gets good temps with it doesn't mean it's the way you should have gone. This person could be living in a cold climate country and his room temps could be in the 60s (Fahrenheit). For a little bit extra you could get a much better cooler in the H105, Nepton 280, Glacer 240L, Water Ultimate 3.0, and if available in your country the best AIO Swiftech H220x. Even the good tower coolers (Cryorig R1, NH-D14) are way better than an H100i. You also won't notice much difference on such a thin rad with 4 or 2 fans.
 
NAS4Free Server
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 3.8GHz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 970  16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk II Ultra Plus 960GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 2TB Some Supermicro HSF that is an NH-D12 knockoff Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 44K 40" 3840x2160 Das Mechanical  Silverstone 500 Watt 80+ Gold Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A4-5000 Kabini ASRock QC5000-ITX  Integrated 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate Constellation Nas x2 RAID 1 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2TB Toshiba  NAS4Free 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider 500 Watt 80+ Gold Fractal Design Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
 
NAS4Free Server
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 3.8GHz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 970  16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk II Ultra Plus 960GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 2TB Some Supermicro HSF that is an NH-D12 knockoff Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 44K 40" 3840x2160 Das Mechanical  Silverstone 500 Watt 80+ Gold Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A4-5000 Kabini ASRock QC5000-ITX  Integrated 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate Constellation Nas x2 RAID 1 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2TB Toshiba  NAS4Free 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider 500 Watt 80+ Gold Fractal Design Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 49
In my experience with fx chip( had fx 8120@4,7ghz and fx8350@5,2ghz ) i can say no single pre assembled liquid cooler can guarantee good temps for those clock speed, to cool my fx 8350 i made a custom loop consisting of a single 360mm all copper slim rad and a single 240mm all copper 45mmthick rad and i was still temp limited when stress testing couldn't go past the 5,2ghz mark with reasonable temps(where on the 60c when stressing while gaming never got passed 50c, note that was in the summer with 30c+ outside and my room was alot hotter than that but still), those chips are supper hot and unless you get a golden chip that isn;t as leaky you wont have a chance of cooling it down with a single 240mm rad
gaming rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @5.0 ht on Asrock P67 Extreme6 NVIDIA GTX 970 4gB corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
samsung 840evo seagate sshd none custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 LG D2342 useles bequiet powerzone 650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
aerocool strike x open air razer swtor gaming mouse something i took from internet caffe :d 2.1 sound system 
Audio
5,1 usb headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
gaming rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @5.0 ht on Asrock P67 Extreme6 NVIDIA GTX 970 4gB corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
samsung 840evo seagate sshd none custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 LG D2342 useles bequiet powerzone 650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
aerocool strike x open air razer swtor gaming mouse something i took from internet caffe :d 2.1 sound system 
Audio
5,1 usb headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 49
Thread Starter 
I see, yesterday I don't know why but the temps are decrease on my first test only, after that comes again above 65º I'll sell this kit and buy a i7 - 4990k, I'm very unhappy with the AMD I bought as a recommendation but this highs temps I would prefer be with my note that's an i7 as well and stays on 68º~75º so tanks guys.

Thanks all the help, I've learned a lot with you guys.

Regards.
post #47 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

I actually have pretty much an identical case.. the Thor V2..

When I had it with my FX-9590 I was able to keep temps under 62*c with as-5 and the AMD FX branded AIO cooler (kuhler 920 essentially) which is definitely worse then the h100...

Hopefully that Gelid works for you, it showed great improvements for me, though I never did get the chance to try it on my 9590.

What fans are those on the h100? Can't tell from the pic..

I switched to CM Jetflo's and they worked wonders for me as well

Is the stock coolers from h110i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapRef41N93W View Post

You wasted your money on an H100i. Just because some random guy gets good temps with it doesn't mean it's the way you should have gone. This person could be living in a cold climate country and his room temps could be in the 60s (Fahrenheit). For a little bit extra you could get a much better cooler in the H105, Nepton 280, Glacer 240L, Water Ultimate 3.0, and if available in your country the best AIO Swiftech H220x. Even the good tower coolers (Cryorig R1, NH-D14) are way better than an H100i. You also won't notice much difference on such a thin rad with 4 or 2 fans.

I think I don't waste my money just because some random guy says, I have friends with this water cooler and they get pretty well temperatures from it, so I have some see to believe that isn't a waste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantian View Post

In my experience with fx chip( had fx 8120@4,7ghz and fx8350@5,2ghz ) i can say no single pre assembled liquid cooler can guarantee good temps for those clock speed, to cool my fx 8350 i made a custom loop consisting of a single 360mm all copper slim rad and a single 240mm all copper 45mmthick rad and i was still temp limited when stress testing couldn't go past the 5,2ghz mark with reasonable temps(where on the 60c when stressing while gaming never got passed 50c, note that was in the summer with 30c+ outside and my room was alot hotter than that but still), those chips are supper hot and unless you get a golden chip that isn;t as leaky you wont have a chance of cooling it down with a single 240mm rad

I see, maybe I just don't have any look with AMD.


So Guys today I have trade the AMD kit for the Intel I get an i7 and the temps are much way better. In full load I get 38º, thanks you for all the assistance, I appreciated that... See ya.
post #48 of 49
HI guys,

I have FX9590 and sabertooth 990FX R2.0, i.e. my configuration is:
CPU: FX9590, MB: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, RAM: G.Skill 2x8GB, 1866MHz 10-11-10-30, GPU: ASUS ​HD7870-DC2-2GD5, PSU: FSP (Fortron) 650W, Case: Raidmax VIPER GX

To the case I put 2x120mm fan - one intake to the bottom, one exhaust to the top (CPU fans are also as exhaust).

So I had problems earlies, the 9590 is 2nd - NEW from RMA, cause the 1st has been unstable, freezing, rebooting, none test (OCCT, Prime) has been passed.

Now I have also problems, temperature is quite high - in AI Suite about 35°C iddling, when runned OCCT, temp has been over 70 (AI Suite), in CoreTemp it was lower, but system shutted down during test.

Also during gameplay, computer shuts down.

On attached pics, there is my configuration - case and bios.

The min stable UV is 1.425V, then CPU freezes after boot.

When I had testex Phenom II X3 720 in my board, everythning went very well.

Do you think the CPU is also insane? Or how can I solve this?
Should I change somehow airflow? Setup in BIOS?

BIOS voltages
BIOS Digi+
BIOS freqs
Case


BR Jake
Edited by Kuik - 1/16/15 at 12:38am
post #49 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcal View Post

72c is totally unacceptable on vishera chip. You MUST stay below 63 if you want your CPU to last you a while. 72c on vishera is like 105c on an Intel chip.

Max temp for the 63xx is 72 C. Using the thermal margin as calibration (yes under load), All my temp software indicates the thermal limit for my 8320e is 70 C. People report thermal shutdown around 85 C or so.
AMD Box
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E @ 4.6 GHz +0.356250v offset Asus Sabertooth 990FX Rev1 eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 Patriot Viper Xtreme 2x4 GB 1600LL 8-9-8-24 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO WD Black 1 TB 32MB cache FALS WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm EZEX Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 HP LP2475w Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX750  
CaseMouseAudio
You don't want to know Logitech G9x Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Box
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E @ 4.6 GHz +0.356250v offset Asus Sabertooth 990FX Rev1 eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 Patriot Viper Xtreme 2x4 GB 1600LL 8-9-8-24 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO WD Black 1 TB 32MB cache FALS WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm EZEX Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 HP LP2475w Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX750  
CaseMouseAudio
You don't want to know Logitech G9x Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › FX 9590 + Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 high temps