- State your budget! (Set an absolute maximum or give a relative maximum with + x amount if it will be amazingly better).
$150 + $20 if it's amazingly better
- State your music tastes
Electronic and pop (dubstep, club music, Katy Perry, etc)
- State what perks are highly desirable (low impedance, heavy bass, excellent for gaming etc..)
a. Competitive Gaming (Big soundstage? I need to hear footsteps in CS:GO)
b. Comfort (my Sennheiser pc150 feels heavy on the top clamp and siberia v2 are extremely tight on the sides)
c. Music on Pandora radio
d. Does not disturb my roomates (closed design?)
e. Microphone that can pick up my voice when whispering (a zalman clip on might be too far away for it to pick up my voice when I have to whisper)
I also need a microphone (either headset o headphone + mic)
- State what products you already have and are planning on using with your recommended item (state whether you have an amp if you're looking for headphones with high impedance for example)
I have nothing at the moment except a Z77 motherboard with realtek.
What I need? Could be a headset, a headphone + mic, with or without soundcard...as long as it all fits in the budget.
- State how you are going to use the item (e.g. out-and-about, at the gym, at home, PC / console, gaming, music etc). The more detail in this, the better.
PC competitive CS:GO (FPS gaming) in a room with sleeping roommates (closed design with mic near my mouth).
- State where you live and offer some sites that are known for having good prices / being reputable so we can help recommend you products in your country's currency (like Amazon or ebay).
I was looking at Creative Aurvana Live 2 and thought about pairing it up with a v-moda boom mic. Would that work?