Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Business Insider] FBI Arrests SpaceX Employee, Alleging He Ran The 'Deep Web' Drug Marketplace Silk Road 2.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Business Insider] FBI Arrests SpaceX Employee, Alleging He Ran The 'Deep Web' Drug Marketplace Silk Road 2.0 - Page 3  

post #21 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

For trafficking a quarter million in illegal drugs? That seems insane to you?

Seems like it fits the bill just fine.

Right, so spending the rest of his life in prison, never again to taste freedom, relationships etc......and this, basically death sentence is justified all because he was involved with........drugs? Yeah, umm.....without going too deep into how painfully twisted and misguided that is... well, its just seriously off.

I dont care what the number is, i dont care if he had ships upon ships of the stuff, no number equals life in prison, period.

As others have said the justice system is horribly twisted. Murders, rapes and slave trafficking (basically just any morally corrupt crimes against humanity things) are the only things that merit serious penalties.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 4790k 4.7ghz Asrock Z97 Extreme4 Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb GSkill Sniper 2200mhz Crucial MX100 256gb Samsung F3 1TB Samsung F3 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 3TB EK Supremacy Evo EK Nickel VGA Block x2 w/ Backplates Alphacool UT60 480mm Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool XT45 480mm Rad Dual D5 Pump w/ Dual Pump Top Gentle Typhoon AP-15s x18 Win 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Qnix QX2710 1440P + 1080P IPS secondary Benq W1070 Projector on 120" Screen Seasonic Platinum 1200w Corsair 900D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9X Mionix Propus 380 ATH AD700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
Audio
Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 4790k 4.7ghz Asrock Z97 Extreme4 Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb GSkill Sniper 2200mhz Crucial MX100 256gb Samsung F3 1TB Samsung F3 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 3TB EK Supremacy Evo EK Nickel VGA Block x2 w/ Backplates Alphacool UT60 480mm Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool XT45 480mm Rad Dual D5 Pump w/ Dual Pump Top Gentle Typhoon AP-15s x18 Win 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Qnix QX2710 1440P + 1080P IPS secondary Benq W1070 Projector on 120" Screen Seasonic Platinum 1200w Corsair 900D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9X Mionix Propus 380 ATH AD700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
Audio
Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
post #22 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Why can't they use their resources for something meaningful like catching murderers and rapist

While not personally a rapist, everyone walking the earth is probably a product of it thousands of times during their lineage, so your quote is kind of a joke in that context.
post #23 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

Right, so spending the rest of his life in prison, never again to taste freedom, relationships etc......and this, basically death sentence is justified all because he was involved with........drugs? Yeah, umm.....without going too deep into how painfully twisted and misguided that is... well, its just seriously off.

I dont care what the number is, i dont care if he had ships upon ships of the stuff, no number equals life in prison, period.

As others have said the justice system is horribly twisted. Murders, rapes and slave trafficking (basically just any morally corrupt crimes against humanity things) are the only things that merit serious penalties.

And what about the people that OD'd on the "product" he so innocently (LOL) provided? Or the people those people hurt while on a bender? Forget the fact that its ILLEGAL, since obviously everybody is a rebel without a cause on the internet. It's down right irresponsible and harmful to everybody involved, and no sane person would disagree. You can say its over a "number" all you want, that's not reality.

So yes, the punishment most definitely will fit the crime. Good riddance.
Edited by Celeras - 11/7/14 at 1:37am
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
post #24 of 42
Quote:
He now potentially faces life in prison, the FBI says.

What about going after real criminals?

'Murica...
Ryzen Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI B350M Gaming Pro MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G 2x8gb G.SKILL Aegis 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD Crucial MX300 275GB Western Digital 1TB Stock Windows 10 Education 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24EN43 1920x1080p 24" Steelseries Apex 100 Seasonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze NOX Coolbay ZX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival 100 Steelseries QCK Gamecom 780 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz (up to 2.7GHz) NVidia GeForce GT 720M 6GB DDR3 750GB 
OSOSMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Debian LG 24EN43 24" 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2.0 ghz Acer Eiger NVidia GeForce 9600M GT 3 GB DDR2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
320 GB Western Digital Elements 1TB Laptop cooler Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 
OSMonitorMouseAudio
Ubuntu 12.10 LG Flatron M227WDP 22" A4Tech XL-747H Trust Soundforce 5.1 
Audio
Pioneer SE-M290 headphones 
  hide details  
Ryzen Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI B350M Gaming Pro MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G 2x8gb G.SKILL Aegis 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD Crucial MX300 275GB Western Digital 1TB Stock Windows 10 Education 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 24EN43 1920x1080p 24" Steelseries Apex 100 Seasonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze NOX Coolbay ZX 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival 100 Steelseries QCK Gamecom 780 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz (up to 2.7GHz) NVidia GeForce GT 720M 6GB DDR3 750GB 
OSOSMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Debian LG 24EN43 24" 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2.0 ghz Acer Eiger NVidia GeForce 9600M GT 3 GB DDR2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
320 GB Western Digital Elements 1TB Laptop cooler Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 
OSMonitorMouseAudio
Ubuntu 12.10 LG Flatron M227WDP 22" A4Tech XL-747H Trust Soundforce 5.1 
Audio
Pioneer SE-M290 headphones 
  hide details  
post #25 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

And what about the people that OD'd on the "product" he so innocently (LOL) provided? Or the people those people hurt while on a bender? Forget the fact that its ILLEGAL, since obviously everybody is a rebel without a cause on the internet. It's down right irresponsible and harmful to everybody involved, and no sane person would disagree. You can say its over a "number" all you want, that's not reality.

So yes, the punishment most definitely will fit the crime. Good riddance.

Didnt say it was a good thing but you asked what about those people? Well, it was their choice. He didnt force them. And also by that logic all the people who sell alcohol should be imprisoned because of everyone who drank, drove and killed someone. Or all the tobacco companies who sell tobacco that people died of cancer from. Or how bout the people who were killed by guns. Or how bout the guy who drove his family into the ocean with a vehicle. When does it stop? People are responsible for themselves.

And i find it funny how you say "forget the fact that its ILLEGAL", and? Just cause somethings the law doesnt mean it makes sense. There are differing laws all over the world. Just because someone made something a law doesnt mean youre necessarily oh such a bad person because you break it when that law where you live may be illegal but elsewhere in the world its fine. Furthermore there are so many laws that i guarantee every single person has broken some law, they just dont know what it is.

Or if you get arrested in the states for pot, oh youre in jail for drugs, you must be a bad person. But if youre in washington or colorado, youre still a good person? Or if you drank in the 20s during prohibition, bad person, but now...fine and normal during a romantic dinner? I laugh. Mmkay.

That, actually, is the reality of our retarded system. Noone can think for themselves.
Edited by Bluemustang - 11/7/14 at 2:08am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 4790k 4.7ghz Asrock Z97 Extreme4 Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb GSkill Sniper 2200mhz Crucial MX100 256gb Samsung F3 1TB Samsung F3 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 3TB EK Supremacy Evo EK Nickel VGA Block x2 w/ Backplates Alphacool UT60 480mm Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool XT45 480mm Rad Dual D5 Pump w/ Dual Pump Top Gentle Typhoon AP-15s x18 Win 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Qnix QX2710 1440P + 1080P IPS secondary Benq W1070 Projector on 120" Screen Seasonic Platinum 1200w Corsair 900D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9X Mionix Propus 380 ATH AD700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
Audio
Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 4790k 4.7ghz Asrock Z97 Extreme4 Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb GSkill Sniper 2200mhz Crucial MX100 256gb Samsung F3 1TB Samsung F3 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 3TB EK Supremacy Evo EK Nickel VGA Block x2 w/ Backplates Alphacool UT60 480mm Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool XT45 480mm Rad Dual D5 Pump w/ Dual Pump Top Gentle Typhoon AP-15s x18 Win 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Qnix QX2710 1440P + 1080P IPS secondary Benq W1070 Projector on 120" Screen Seasonic Platinum 1200w Corsair 900D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9X Mionix Propus 380 ATH AD700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
Audio
Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
post #26 of 42
hollywood seems to control the world of paperless media

but who runs them ..
Edited by Pip Boy - 11/7/14 at 2:06am
post #27 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

And i find it funny how you say "forget the fact that its ILLEGAL", and? Just cause somethings the law doesnt mean it makes sense. There are differing laws all over the world. Just because someone made something a law doesnt mean youre necessarily oh such a bad person because you break it when that law where you live may be illegal but elsewhere in the world its fine.

And I find it funny that your reading comprehension is so poor you can't even recognize that that's the exact reason I said "forget the fact that it's illegal".

You're right though, it was their choice. He didn't force them, he just enabled them. Well... newflash: aiding and abetting is a crime. Being an accomplice is a crime. It has nothing to do with whose choice it was, and you'd have to be pretty ignorant to think otherwise.
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
post #28 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

And I find it funny that your reading comprehension is so poor you can't even recognize that that's the exact reason I said "forget the fact that it's illegal".

You're right though, it was their choice. He didn't force them, he just enabled them. Well... newflash: aiding and abetting is a crime. Being an accomplice is a crime. It has nothing to do with whose choice it was, and you'd have to be pretty ignorant to think otherwise.

So thats what you're gonna do now? Ad hominem? Classy.

Also i find it funny that your reading comprehension is so low that by emphasizing/capitalizing ILLEGAL suggests you're using that as an argument that it necessarily matters. Which given the state of how laws are passed and change through time on this planet.... So merely saying to forget it doesnt only mean that.
Edited by Bluemustang - 11/7/14 at 2:22am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 4790k 4.7ghz Asrock Z97 Extreme4 Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb GSkill Sniper 2200mhz Crucial MX100 256gb Samsung F3 1TB Samsung F3 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 3TB EK Supremacy Evo EK Nickel VGA Block x2 w/ Backplates Alphacool UT60 480mm Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool XT45 480mm Rad Dual D5 Pump w/ Dual Pump Top Gentle Typhoon AP-15s x18 Win 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Qnix QX2710 1440P + 1080P IPS secondary Benq W1070 Projector on 120" Screen Seasonic Platinum 1200w Corsair 900D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9X Mionix Propus 380 ATH AD700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
Audio
Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 4790k 4.7ghz Asrock Z97 Extreme4 Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI @ 1590Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb GSkill Sniper 2200mhz Crucial MX100 256gb Samsung F3 1TB Samsung F3 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 3TB EK Supremacy Evo EK Nickel VGA Block x2 w/ Backplates Alphacool UT60 480mm Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool XT45 480mm Rad Dual D5 Pump w/ Dual Pump Top Gentle Typhoon AP-15s x18 Win 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Qnix QX2710 1440P + 1080P IPS secondary Benq W1070 Projector on 120" Screen Seasonic Platinum 1200w Corsair 900D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9X Mionix Propus 380 ATH AD700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
Audio
Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
post #29 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:hybrid:. View Post

For enabling the purchasing of quality drugs, without the violence and scamming.

Silk Road undercuts cartels better then law enforcement ever will.

Now we can all buy shady drugs from the bad part of town again, what an improvement.
Exactly this those darknet markets make the world a better or maybe we should say a less worse place.
post #30 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

So thats what you're gonna do now? Ad hominem? Classy.

Ad hominem would be calling you stupid as a result of your poor reading comprehension, not pointing out the fact that it occurred.

It's somewhat ironic that I would have to explain a definition in defense of a comment about failing to comprehend something. Either way, it wasn't my intention to be insulting. Cheers.
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Business Insider] FBI Arrests SpaceX Employee, Alleging He Ran The 'Deep Web' Drug Marketplace Silk Road 2.0