Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Alienware Alpha Owners Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alienware Alpha Owners Club! - Page 141

post #1401 of 2136
So Xbox settings? I'm fine with that!
post #1402 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezbass View Post

https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/594820656477851290/

Seems it's playable on mostly high settings at 900p.
Reading that looks like it will run
1 even says will run at 1080 on them settings in that link
post #1403 of 2136
Hold your horses, he wasn't talking about FPS at all. If the Alpha could run 900p / Medium at 40+ FPS, I'd be seriously impressed.
post #1404 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandiman View Post

Sorry to see you go Rektifying was very interested to see how the heatsink mod would of worked out. Good luck on your itx build I am sure it will be much powerful than the alpha

Hey thanks man. That is the only thing I am going to miss out on. Having my uncle clone the heatsinks with copper stock.

My new iTX build will really only be "graphically" more powerful being I am carrying over the i5 4690T and still using DDR3 1600. The GTX 960 4GB will be a pretty big jump though from the 860m I guess.

I LOVE the case I went with though. I have wanted it since I seen it a couple years ago and knew that when I built my next PC that it was going to be in that case. I'm iTX all the way too. I would never SLI and I just like the form factor. One PCEe slot and two ram slots is all I need.

The main reason I am doing this is because I wanted a more custom build and some extra graphics power. My case will last "forever" and my PSU "should" last a long time. Being I decided against Skylake and am using my existing i5, I went cheap on my motherboard and ram kinda. The Gigabyte Q87 board I went with is actually pretty nice, just nothing over the top and I was able to pick it up for $60 new in box. I like that it is blacked out, built with extended life components, and has a mSATA port on the top of it. Pretty much everyone has never even heard of / seen this board. I could find zero reviews or YouTube videos on it. This is because Q87 is more so a business chipset. It is literally H87 with vPro and a couple other features. It is kind of funny because I just realized that the 4690T supports vPro and the other extra features that Q87 offers, so its actually a perfect match for my CPU. I don't really know what vPro and all these other "business" features are but I will have them. lol

The part I am going to like the most is customization. After I have it all up and running I want to customize it. I definitely think I want to add some type of window, which is part of why I chose the motherboard, ram, and PSU that I did. Everything matches up and is blacked out / has Black PCB.
Edited by Rektifying - 2/1/16 at 7:56am
post #1405 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-Strings View Post

Hold your horses, he wasn't talking about FPS at all. If the Alpha could run 900p / Medium at 40+ FPS, I'd be seriously impressed.

He stated clearly at the top that it would maintain a constant 30 FPS which is what 90 percent of console games are locked at.
Alienware Alpha
(6 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770 Alienware Custom Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M 8 GB DDR3L 1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOS
OCZ ARC 100 SSD Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4870HQ Apple Logic Board NVidia GT 750M Intel Iris Pro 5200 
RAMHard DriveOSOS
16 GB DDR3-1600 512 GB Apple SSD OS X 10.10 Windows 8.1 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Alienware Alpha
(6 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770 Alienware Custom Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M 8 GB DDR3L 1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOS
OCZ ARC 100 SSD Windows 10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4870HQ Apple Logic Board NVidia GT 750M Intel Iris Pro 5200 
RAMHard DriveOSOS
16 GB DDR3-1600 512 GB Apple SSD OS X 10.10 Windows 8.1 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1406 of 2136
Sounds like a good build Rektifying. I was going to build an itx system as well but prices in Australia are expensive. I was going to purchase an Intel NUC for casual gaming lol but the form factor for the alpha I love.

I'm not a heavy gamer and the alpha will mainly be used for street fighter 5.
post #1407 of 2136
Finally i am one step closer to upgrading this. According to my previous post, Ive received the alpha and most of the upgrade parts this morning. And i've just finished putting them all together. The only item i am missing right now is the Evo 850 500GB SSD. Which unfortunately newegg decided to put as a marketplace item and the seller is lazy to even ship it . Its been almost 5 days now. Anyways guys donot buy the HDD from Newegg everything else is good if you are going for the same upgrade.

A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME FIGURE THIS OUT.

Here are the parts i used.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233242 <-RAM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W02DV8166 <-Thermal Paste

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007 <-SSD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181981357719?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT <-Cpu (CHEAP!!!)





I donot know if these temperatures are normal as my Primary gaming pc runs at 36-38"C.

I will post GPU results as soon as my lazy seller decides to send me that SSD and finally upgrade to Win10

Speaking of win10 any u guys know how do i transfer my win8 key from alpha to the new hard drive and upgrade it to win10?
Is there any direct way to jump to win10? I do own a copy of win7pro which is upgraded to win10 on 3 pc in my household. i was wondering if i can squeeze this one in.

Thanks
post #1408 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlo6k View Post

Finally i am one step closer to upgrading this. According to my previous post, Ive received the alpha and most of the upgrade parts this morning. And i've just finished putting them all together. The only item i am missing right now is the Evo 850 500GB SSD. Which unfortunately newegg decided to put as a marketplace item and the seller is lazy to even ship it . Its been almost 5 days now. Anyways guys donot buy the HDD from Newegg everything else is good if you are going for the same upgrade.

A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME FIGURE THIS OUT.

Here are the parts i used.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233242 <-RAM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W02DV8166 <-Thermal Paste

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007 <-SSD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181981357719?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT <-Cpu (CHEAP!!!)





I donot know if these temperatures are normal as my Primary gaming pc runs at 36-38"C.

I will post GPU results as soon as my lazy seller decides to send me that SSD and finally upgrade to Win10

Speaking of win10 any u guys know how do i transfer my win8 key from alpha to the new hard drive and upgrade it to win10?
Is there any direct way to jump to win10? I do own a copy of win7pro which is upgraded to win10 on 3 pc in my household. i was wondering if i can squeeze this one in.

Thanks

Nice setup! However, Newegg is awesome! I purchase literally everything, not just computer parts, from Newegg and Amazon. You look, see, and have options for who the item is sold and shipped by. I only purchase items that are shipped and sold by Newegg or Amazon. At a minimum, shipped by. You just didn't notice it wasn't sold by Newegg. Newegg was either out of stock at that time or when a marketplace price is cheaper, it will show them listed first. I always pay the few extra bucks so I get it directly from Newegg/Amazon. When you look at a Newegg listing you can see who it is sold by. If you look on the right hand side under the price/add to cart info you will see options for different sellers.
post #1409 of 2136
Thanks Rektifying,

Yeah it was my mistake, didnt notice it was a marketplace item. The only reason i buy from there is because they donot charge TAX for NY state. It helped me save $300 when i built my previous pc.

Anyways im up all night trying to figure out how to get free win 10 on this alpha but unfortunately none if the keys i've recovered from pre-installed win8.1 does not work. I tried obtaining with a script and then the magic jelly bean key finder, both are different. Im stuck with an unregistered version of windows 10.
post #1410 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlo6k View Post

Thanks Rektifying,

Yeah it was my mistake, didnt notice it was a marketplace item. The only reason i buy from there is because they donot charge TAX for NY state. It helped me save $300 when i built my previous pc.

Anyways im up all night trying to figure out how to get free win 10 on this alpha but unfortunately none if the keys i've recovered from pre-installed win8.1 does not work. I tried obtaining with a script and then the magic jelly bean key finder, both are different. Im stuck with an unregistered version of windows 10.

Unfortunately Microsoft is retarded. This is how you have to do it with all computers, not just the Alpha.

UPDATE to Windows 10. This converts your product key / OEM Key to Windows 10. Only then can you do a clean install. This is how I did it and have done it for others. It is stupid and time consuming, I know.

When I installed my 850 Evo in my Alpha, I clean installed Windows 8.1 and it automatically pulled the product key from the UEFI / BIOS. I then upgraded to Windows 10. Then, I clean installed Windows 10. It took me pretty much most of the day with updates.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Alienware Alpha Owners Club!