- What happened?
I will load a page from OCN and will randomly get a redirect to some fake adobe reader site and it will automatically download "Installer.exe" which I believe is fake and malicious.
- Are you able to reproduce this problem consistently?
Yes, however, it only occurs after visiting about 10 new pages, then I'll get a redirect. I'm not sure if its a specific ad that's doing this.
- What steps did you take to reproduce this problem?
Load any thread.
- What action did you expect to occur when this bug appeared?
It didn't give me time or a chance to cancel the redirect or cancel the download. It is a small .exe file and it downloads quickly. I will then close the tab and delete the download.
- Any additional information that will help us diagnose the issue:
This only happens on the desktop version. Mobile doesn't have this issue.
- Browser, active browser addons, and operating system:
Chrome, stock. Running Norton Antivirus and also MWB. I did full scans with both after receiving this redirect. They're unable to detect anything. I've also clear my cache and cookies. Still receive the same redirect.
- URL where the issue occurs:
I haven't captured it yet but I will when it happens again.
post #1 of 10
11/25/14 at 6:59am