Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Techspot] The Crew Benchmarked
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Techspot] The Crew Benchmarked - Page 25

post #241 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugalumps View Post

Dont you see you are doing the same thing you will pick and post your benchmarks where amd wins then he will post his with nvidia winning and it will go on till the thread is closed, until the next thread............

You are different sides to the same coin.

Not really. Golden tiger does it in every thread. People need to try and make him accountable for the crap he posts to try and force him to correct his ways.
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #242 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboner1 View Post

Not really. Golden tiger does it in every thread. People need to try and make him accountable for the crap he posts to try and force him to correct his ways.

You are kidding there is a tier round here for the resident amd people, with ragu at the top.

For years on end no matter what people asked for in their gpu threads ragu would come in and tell them they needed a 7950 and nothing else was ok.

He is damn dedicated I will give him that, I am actualy inspired. He may be the longest running fan I have ever seen with tech. But please dont pretend golden is worse, both sides have there commanders(mtcn77 being ragus lieutenant tongue.gif).

Dont pretend that ocn is nvidia bias only, especially this year there has been just as much amd bias.


Nothing wrong with it either, while people take it to extremes brand loyalty will always be there and everyone suffers it to some degree.
post #243 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugalumps View Post

You are kidding there is a tier round here for the resident amd people, with ragu at the top.

For years on end no matter what people asked for in their gpu threads ragu would come in and tell them they needed a 7950 and nothing else was ok.

He is damn dedicated I will give him that, I am actualy inspired. He may be the longest running fan I have ever seen with tech. But please dont pretend golden is worse, both sides have there commanders(mtcn77 being ragus lieutenant tongue.gif).

Dont pretend that ocn is nvidia bias only, especially this year there has been just as much amd bias.

Nothing wrong with it either, while people take it to extremes brand loyalty will always be there and everyone suffers it to some degree.

you must have been kicked out on an earlier login to know about my HD 7950 posts. what was your last login/ forum name on ocn tongue.gif My posting about HD 7950 was more than 2 years old. I have reduced my posting in the last 1 year. goldentiger is on hardforum, ocn and god knows where else just trolling AMD threads. biggrin.gif
Edited by raghu78 - 12/11/14 at 8:32am
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #244 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

you must have been kicked out on an earlier login to know about my HD 7950 posts. what was your last login/ forum name on ocn tongue.gif My posting about HD 7950 was more than 2 years old. I have reduced my posting in the last 1 year. goldentiger is on hardforum, ocn and god knows where else just trolling AMD threads. biggrin.gif

You have an eye for lumps biggrin.gif

As for @sugalumps , All i did was tell GT that performance per watt is not everything. people pay money as well, not only electricity while gaming.
post #245 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by specopsFI View Post

So the initial performance numbers of GM204 were what should be considered the unaltered truth but any of the later benchmarks should be ignored as biased and gimped against the Kepler?

There is a lot more logical way of thinking about this. The driver focus thing is most likely true, but here's what I think is going on: Nvidia actually designed GM204 with the modern games in mind. You know, as in the new arch is better for new games, whereas the old arch was a better fit for older games. It's not planned obsolescence, it's actually planning for the future. So maybe it's actually the game makers leaving Kepler in the dust, not something that Nvidia could fix in drivers.

This wouldn't look so bad if the 7970 wasn't performing equally with the 780/ti. If the truth behind all this is that Kepler just really sucks as an architecture and is all tapped out, I don't think that makes any of us feel any better. AMD's cards are all performing admirably and are even older than Kepler. This gives me no faith in Maxwell or Nvidia. If this trend continues, my next card will be my first AMD/ATI card.
Companion Cube
(12 items)
 
Laptop
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ BL3201PH 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT50 65-Inch  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Fractal Node 804 Yamaha RX-V377 receiver with Energy RC Micro 5.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3630QM gtx 675mx 12 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Panasonic TC-P65VT50 
  hide details  
Reply
Companion Cube
(12 items)
 
Laptop
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ BL3201PH 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT50 65-Inch  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Fractal Node 804 Yamaha RX-V377 receiver with Energy RC Micro 5.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3630QM gtx 675mx 12 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Panasonic TC-P65VT50 
  hide details  
Reply
post #246 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidia Fanboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by specopsFI View Post

So the initial performance numbers of GM204 were what should be considered the unaltered truth but any of the later benchmarks should be ignored as biased and gimped against the Kepler?

There is a lot more logical way of thinking about this. The driver focus thing is most likely true, but here's what I think is going on: Nvidia actually designed GM204 with the modern games in mind. You know, as in the new arch is better for new games, whereas the old arch was a better fit for older games. It's not planned obsolescence, it's actually planning for the future. So maybe it's actually the game makers leaving Kepler in the dust, not something that Nvidia could fix in drivers.

This wouldn't look so bad if the 7970 wasn't performing equally with the 780/ti. If the truth behind all this is that Kepler just really sucks as an architecture and is all tapped out, I don't think that makes any of us feel any better. AMD's cards are all performing admirably and are even older than Kepler. This gives me no faith in Maxwell or Nvidia. If this trend continues, my next card will be my first AMD/ATI card.


then you can name change to Radeon Fanboy? =O! biggrin.giftongue.gif not a bad idea really. redface.gif
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
post #247 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkoXan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidia Fanboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by specopsFI View Post

So the initial performance numbers of GM204 were what should be considered the unaltered truth but any of the later benchmarks should be ignored as biased and gimped against the Kepler?

There is a lot more logical way of thinking about this. The driver focus thing is most likely true, but here's what I think is going on: Nvidia actually designed GM204 with the modern games in mind. You know, as in the new arch is better for new games, whereas the old arch was a better fit for older games. It's not planned obsolescence, it's actually planning for the future. So maybe it's actually the game makers leaving Kepler in the dust, not something that Nvidia could fix in drivers.

This wouldn't look so bad if the 7970 wasn't performing equally with the 780/ti. If the truth behind all this is that Kepler just really sucks as an architecture and is all tapped out, I don't think that makes any of us feel any better. AMD's cards are all performing admirably and are even older than Kepler. This gives me no faith in Maxwell or Nvidia. If this trend continues, my next card will be my first AMD/ATI card.


then you can name change to Radeon Fanboy? =O! biggrin.giftongue.gif not a bad idea really. redface.gif

No need for a name change. I will still be an nvidia Fanboy but I'll be rocking an AMD card.
Companion Cube
(12 items)
 
Laptop
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ BL3201PH 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT50 65-Inch  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Fractal Node 804 Yamaha RX-V377 receiver with Energy RC Micro 5.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3630QM gtx 675mx 12 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Panasonic TC-P65VT50 
  hide details  
Reply
Companion Cube
(12 items)
 
Laptop
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ BL3201PH 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT50 65-Inch  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Fractal Node 804 Yamaha RX-V377 receiver with Energy RC Micro 5.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3630QM gtx 675mx 12 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Panasonic TC-P65VT50 
  hide details  
Reply
post #248 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidia Fanboy View Post

This wouldn't look so bad if the 7970 wasn't performing equally with the 780/ti. If the truth behind all this is that Kepler just really sucks as an architecture and is all tapped out, I don't think that makes any of us feel any better. AMD's cards are all performing admirably and are even older than Kepler. This gives me no faith in Maxwell or Nvidia. If this trend continues, my next card will be my first AMD/ATI card.

Well, there's very little that Nvidia can do for the performance of a GPU they're not producing or for optimizing their architectures for games that they know nothing about (like any of the recent games back when they were designing Kepler). You put your stuff out there and hope it lasts the test of time. They all fall in the end, but sure enough GCN has had a good run and might very well continue to do so. The console sweep was the biggest win AMD has had in years.
The Air Tunnel
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K (4500MHz@1.28V) P9X79 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X New Edition Team Group Vulcan 4x4GB 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2x240GB SSD @RAID 0 Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 Pro Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Rosewill Armor EVO hiFace+AudioGD+DT770Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
The Air Tunnel
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K (4500MHz@1.28V) P9X79 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X New Edition Team Group Vulcan 4x4GB 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2x240GB SSD @RAID 0 Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 Pro Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Rosewill Armor EVO hiFace+AudioGD+DT770Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #249 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by specopsFI View Post

Well, there's very little that Nvidia can do for the performance of a GPU they're not producing or for optimizing their architectures for games that they know nothing about (like any of the recent games back when they were designing Kepler). You put your stuff out there and hope it lasts the test of time. They all fall in the end, but sure enough GCN has had a good run and might very well continue to do so. The console sweep was the biggest win AMD has had in years.

I don't believe for a second that these newer games are so different from past games that a 780 performs no better than a 7970 now. Nvidia may not purposely be gimping the cards, but I fully believe they aren't working on any Kepler optimizations with the newer drivers.
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6800K @ 4.4GHZ 1.37v / 3.6GHZ Cache 1.2v ASUS X99-A II Zotac GTX 1070FE @ 2088/9216 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-XLC Predator 240 GTX 1070 XSPC Full Cover Blade Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G700s Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #250 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

I don't believe for a second that these newer games are so different from past games that a 780 performs no better than a 7970 now. Nvidia may not purposely be gimping the cards, but I fully believe they aren't working on any Kepler optimizations with the newer drivers.

We don't know that for a fact at this point. Nvidia has been providing "game ready" drivers but no performance improving drivers in the past couple months.

If it turns out to be a fact that they are no longer going to be doing optimizations for Kepler, they deserve to be burned hard for it by every Nvidia owner out there. That is not acceptable in any way, shape or form and if Nvidia needs to learn this the hard way then so be it.

Someone posted a thread a couple days ago about TPU adding new games to their testing suite recently. With the old suite, 780 was 19% overall faster than 7970. With the new suite, it dropped to 16%. So yes, there is no doubt at all that 780/780 Ti etc owners have been left out recently. But the real question is will it be permanent.

I also haven't seen anyone other than techspot and gamegpu do performance reviews with a multitude of cards for The Crew. The results from gamegpu are not showing Nvidia unfriendly results like what this thread was based on. What I find odd is that we've had a lot of reviews from gamegpu here over the last few years yet their results were never called into question until now?

I think a wait and see attitude is needed at this moment before rushing to any conclusions as to what is actually happening. Kepler is not tapped out for new games. If Kepler owners don't end up getting improvements, it because Nvidia chose not to and in that case, they deserve all the bashing they get.
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Techspot] The Crew Benchmarked