Finished my first custom loop. I would like to say thank you to Stizuner for double rad inspiration and WiSK for the reservoir mount idea.
I had a lot of problems and things I learned from this so it was a really good experience.
I have my D5 pump at 1 and I can turn my fans off while browsing or watching media. It is super quiet and my loudest part right now is probably my psu fan.....
If I put my fans on though my GT's are the loudest so as I will write below, I will probably switch those out.
1. I didn't think I could fit a full block on my GTX 980TI(1. Possible window problem? and 2. Fittings might hit bottom radiator) so I opted for the EK VGA Supremacy Universal Block. It actually looks pretty good with my EVGA midplate.
2. Still waiting on my white sleeved cables for the GPU.
1. I originally wanted to go Pump-> CPU but the location of the CPU on my MB made this way too tight so I had to make my loop a little bit more cluttered. Final order is Pump->GPU->Rad->CPU->Rad->Pump
2. The Nemesis GTS 240 radiator wouldn't mount on the front of the Corsair Air 240 correctly. For some reason the screw holes did not line up very well so I actually only have about half of the screws attached. Therefore I had to put this to a pull orientation. You can also see it kind of blocks one of the tabs for the bottom panel as well.
(Surprisingly it would fit easily on the top and bottom screw rails, I wish they had put the same setup on the front of the case.
3. I cut tubes too short twice, I suggest anyone doing this cut a little bit longer and then just trim off some mm later just to be safe.
4. I needed some 90 degree fittings so I decided to get alphacool 90 degree compression fitting ones. One of them actually leaked a little during my leaktest so I had to swap it for a regular EK fitting. This ruined my color scheme a little but maybe you can't notice it. I pulled out some insane tactics to replace this fitting too. I flipped my pc over(Imagine a mechanic working under a car) and swapped out the fitting.
5. I ordered everything from Performance PCS, 7 EKWB black compression fittings came in a small baggie. One of the fittings out of the 7 was actually a fitting for hard tubing, it was the exact same color but I didn't notice until I had already built most of the setup. I am currently speaking with their customer support but I imported internationally so I doubt that I will be able to get a refund/replacement since it would probably cost even more to send it back. Lesson learned, buy more fittings than you actually need.
6. I ordred 2 Darkside Gentle Typhoons (2150) because they were on sale but they are way too loud for my build. The only voltage I can run them at is probably 5V but having them at the lowest voltage all the time seems like a huge waste. I already had 2 noiseblocker eloop b12p2's which were pretty quiet even at 12v so I am probably going to sell my GT's and get 2 more eloop b12p2's. GT's sell for like 35$ new where I live so I actually might make a profit selling them.
7. I decided to get a NZXT GRID+ v2 to control fans. For some reason it is super buggy and sometimes runs only max speed, which actually made me notice the GT's sound. I can sometimes slow them down but it is really random and kind of annoying. (Previously I was just using 5v/7v/9v adapters for each of the fans and not controlling speed.) I probably could live without the fan controller but the cam software is actually really nice IF IT ACTUALLY WOULD CONSISTENTLY WORK.
Parts for anyone interested:
PC: Asrock Z77e-itx, i5 3570k, EVGA GTX980ti SC+
Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS® Ultra Stealth U-Flow Low Profile Radiator
PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 3/8in. ID X 1/2in. OD - Elegant White
Watercool WCP D5-VARIO 12V Pump
EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 Pump Top/Reservoir - Acetal
EK-ACF Compression Fitting 10/13mm (3/8 x 1/2") - Black
Alphacool 13/10 (10x1.5mm) Compression Fitting 90° Revolvable G1/4 - Deep Black
EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition - Nickel/Acetal
EK-VGA Supremacy - Acetal Universal GPU Block EK-VGA-SUPREMACY-CA
DarkSide Gentle Typhoon Performance Radiator Fan - 2150rpm, 68cfm - Black Edition
Mayhems X1 Clear Concentrate - 100mlEdited by gary66 - 11/6/15 at 9:38pm