Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Corsair Carbide Air 240 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Carbide Air 240 Owner's Club - Page 224

post #2231 of 3765
Question for the group.

Which Noctua Coolers fit in this case?

Been using the H100iGTX but pump is to loud for my liking. After coming from years of water cooling Corsair needs to do some work on their pump noise.
post #2232 of 3765
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post

Question for the group.

Which Noctua Coolers fit in this case?

Been using the H100iGTX but pump is to loud for my liking. After coming from years of water cooling Corsair needs to do some work on their pump noise.

I'm using the NH-U9S. I think it's the tallest that will fit. D9L, and L12 also fit. Oh and the C14S. And any of the other low profile ones but that's the only 4 I'd recommend.
post #2233 of 3765
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliharper13 View Post

I'm using the NH-U9S. I think it's the tallest that will fit. D9L, and L12 also fit. Oh and the C14S. And any of the other low profile ones but that's the only 4 I'd recommend.

Has anyone tried the

NH-D14
post #2234 of 3765
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post

Has anyone tried the

NH-D14

Def will not fit, unless you were to leave off your side plexi panel. Its 160mm tall, the U9S is 125mm tall and fits but with barely any room to spare. You will need a heatsink that is under 130mm tall.
post #2235 of 3765
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post

Has anyone tried the

NH-D14

I have the U9S on a 5820K and it gets the job done. Also have a L12 with an IPPC 3000rpm fan on a 6600k and it stays VERY cool. idles at 25C
post #2236 of 3765
Hello all, I'm new here and I'm just about to buy the last parts of my upcoming Air 240 build. Gonna go for 5820k and so far I had in mind to get the Corsair H75 for it, which seems a nice choice as far as 120mm go. I was wondering though seeing the low-profile Air coolers builds, what are the temps you're reaching at load? (That Noctua option seems to go quite well with the ventilation paths of the case)
post #2237 of 3765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloise View Post

Hello all, I'm new here and I'm just about to buy the last parts of my upcoming Air 240 build. Gonna go for 5820k and so far I had in mind to get the Corsair H75 for it, which seems a nice choice as far as 120mm go. I was wondering though seeing the low-profile Air coolers builds, what are the temps you're reaching at load? (That Noctua option seems to go quite well with the ventilation paths of the case)

I started out with a D9L and it couldn't handle a small overclock of 4.1. I switched to a U9S with dual fans and I idel at about 33C and get in the mid 70s from geekbench stress test. That's with a 23C ambient temp. I typically get a spike of 50-60C under a heavy load from gaming at 4K. I had an h105 on my 6600k build and all it did was blow hot air in my case making my GPU get hot. Switched to the L12 and temps have never been better smile.gif. You might would be okay with a H75 since you can still run one 120mm fan on the front to bring in cool air.
post #2238 of 3765
Thank you for the quick reply! That is some very useful information, from what I gather at the moment I want to try the h75 first and see how efficient/noisy it is since the U9S has a longer delivery time in my area. Might make the switch later on though.
post #2239 of 3765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloise View Post

Thank you for the quick reply! That is some very useful information, from what I gather at the moment I want to try the h75 first and see how efficient/noisy it is since the U9S has a longer delivery time in my area. Might make the switch later on though.

No problem! Let me know how it does! I really think the 5820k would do better liquid cooled but never tried it after the experience with the h105 and my 6600k
post #2240 of 3765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloise View Post

Hello all, I'm new here and I'm just about to buy the last parts of my upcoming Air 240 build. Gonna go for 5820k and so far I had in mind to get the Corsair H75 for it, which seems a nice choice as far as 120mm go. I was wondering though seeing the low-profile Air coolers builds, what are the temps you're reaching at load? (That Noctua option seems to go quite well with the ventilation paths of the case)

I had a lot of problems with the H75. I had 3 units, and all three had bubbles inside, that causes a crackling noise. 2 of them right away, one of them after some months. Maybe, if the tubes can be mounted on the downside of the rad, the pump cant recirculate them. But in such cases like the air 240, you dont really have options mounting them. Then i went with the U9S too. Its silent and reliable.
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Corsair Carbide Air 240 Owner's Club