I've been lurking for a while and reading a lot, and here's my first post.
I hope this isn't considered just another thread on a common problem, but I just cant find the answer after searching everywhere and was hoping you guys could help me.
I have recently built a HTPC with the following specs:
ASUS A88X-Plus, Socket-FM2+
Cooler Master V550S, 550W PSU
HyperX Savage DDR3 2400MHz 16GB
HyperX Fury SSD 240GB 2,5"
In a Silverstone SST-GD09B with a stock 120mm fan and a Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm in addition.
I went for the 7800 because of it supposedly being only marginally slower than the 7850, but generates less heat.
The 2400Mhz memory was chosen because it should help out the Kaveri APU well to my understanding.
Everything runs beautifully, but I am very annoyed by the memory not being possible to run at full speed.
I've tried everything I can think of and suggestions I've found, including:
* Setting the speed manually in BIOS.
* Using XMP, in fact it has had trouble running the XMP at 2133MHz as well.
* Setting timers manually to factory settings
* Upping DRAM voltage 0.5 to the maximum 1.7v
* Setting NB from auto to 1600 which is maximum
* Playing around with timers a bit, including 15-15-15-x-x
* Probably a lot more I can't think of now
The results are usually one of the following:
* Error screen as Windows starts to load, followed by reboot and Windows asking if I need to recover
* Reboot with MB telling me overclock failed and lets me go to BIOS
* Semi brick where I need to reset CMOS
I am not after massive overclocking here, just a nice fast and stable HTPC that gives me what i paid for.
Thank you so much in advance!