Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse 2015
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finalmouse 2015 - Page 427

post #4261 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

Increasing sensitivity is more detrimental than decreasing it. Also, some people play games that utilize mostly wrist movements.
Not really in this case, unless you are going too high with the sensitivity value.

People who utilize only wrist movements do not really matter... You can just raise/lower the sensitivity based on how far it is. You can't compensate the arc vs lateral sensitivity preference mismatch via a sensitivity change.

All current mice let you utilize CPI well. Don't know why you quoted that part.
post #4262 of 4666
Can compensate for it with mouse acceleration wink.gif
post #4263 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by trism View Post

You can't compensate the arc vs lateral sensitivity preference mismatch via a sensitivity change.
That's what I was getting at. You explained it much better. No sensitivity change is going to remedy this. Some people just don't understand and just be thankful they are not the ones creating the mice tongue.gif.
post #4264 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareya View Post

Can compensate for it with mouse acceleration wink.gif

Not exactly the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy89 View Post

That's what I was getting at. You explained it much better. No sensitivity change is going to remedy this. Some people just don't understand and just be thankful they are not the ones creating the mice tongue.gif.

Are you ignoring Nilizum statements in the thread he made about the subject?

If I can comfortably grip a mouse where the sensor is where I like then I don't have much of an issue with placement, but not all mice are comfortable when doing this. I have been trying to put the sensor closer to my finger tips since 1999. My play style leans more to mice like the WMO, Diamondback and AM/FK/ZA -- mice which people dislike because they don't have "perfect" sensor placement.

I guess you can be thankful that people who don't play games seriously are creating your tools for you.
Edited by popups - 2/2/16 at 9:54pm
post #4265 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

Not exactly the same...
Are you ignoring Nilizum statements in the thread he made about the subject?

If I can comfortably grip a mouse where the sensor is where I like then I don't have much of an issue with placement, but not all mice are comfortable when doing this. I have been trying to put the sensor closer to my finger tips since 1999. My play style leans more to mice like the WMO, Diamondback and AM/FK/ZA -- mice which people dislike because they don't have "perfect" sensor placement.

I guess you can be thankful that people who don't play games seriously are creating your tools for you.
I like to palm my mice. I can't really palm a mouse with abnormal sensor positions and have it be comfortable to me. Fingertip users can much more easily adapt. That's why I said orthodox grip. Why cater to a grip style that can much more easily adapt to different shapes/sensor positions?

And I'm not saying it has to be absolutely perfect. I'm just talking about mice that have their sensor positions at the extremes (WMO/Zowie Mice/Steelseries Mice). The current Finalmouses (Finalmice? lol), have their positions not perfect but enough to be able to compensate with a palm grip. But if they're taking the time to revise that position, might as well get as close to optimal as possible, for as many people as possible, which looks like what they are doing.
Edited by reddy89 - 2/2/16 at 10:17pm
post #4266 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by trism View Post

> I have a pure fingertip grip and play with a high-mid sensitivity and the common far-back sensor placement is absolutely frustrating for me. It's still far below my grip fingers (my thumb and ring finger) on every single mouse I have ever used. Moving it forwards 5mm would make me very happy.

What's the length of your hand (and your fingers)? I tried finger-tip gripping G303 by placing the sensor in-between those two fingers and I end up almost palming/clawing it. My palm area touches the mouse from the side. If it'd be 5 mm higher I'd be palming it. Rival 100 is much better in this regard since it leaves much more space for me to actually pull the mouse towards my palm. My hand is 18.5 cm and my fingers are probably 45% of that. Maybe the G303 shape is quite bad for this.
That's weird I just tried holding mine that way and my palm is nowhere near the mouse lol. And here I was thinking I only had slightly larger than average hands biggrin.gif
post #4267 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy89 View Post

I like to palm my mice. I can't really palm a mouse with abnormal sensor positions and have it be comfortable to me. Fingertip users can much more easily adapt. That's why I said orthodox grip. Why cater to a grip style that can much more easily adapt to different shapes/sensor positions?

And I'm not saying it has to be absolutely perfect. I'm just talking about mice that have their sensor positions at the extremes (WMO/Zowie Mice/Steelseries Mice). The current Finalmouses (Finalmice? lol), have their positions not perfect but enough to be able to compensate with a palm grip. But if they're taking the time to revise that position, might as well get as close to optimal as possible, for as many people as possible, which looks like what they are doing.

I like to lay my fingers on a comfortable button position before I adjust the mouse towards my palm. Some mice won't touch my palm when I do this.

The Zowie FK2 doesn't touch my palm much when my fingers are in a good position for me. The IO touches my palm before I can get my fingers where I want them. The WMO could be 1-2mm shorter in height and have longer buttons to be ideal for me, but I can use it fine as is. Overall, I prefer the Diamondback arch and button length

Some mice have short buttons or buttons that are very stiff towards the middle of the mouse. When I want to position the sensor further away from my wrist I have issues with the button length or stiffness. The FM TP has longer buttons than the WMO, that should be good for me considering the sensor position on the TP is a lot further back than the WMO.

By the way, I don't solely think sensor placement is about aiming. I like lighter weight PCBs and the weight balance to be further forward. Naturally when you shrink the PCB the sensor is going to be further forward. I like the weight to be forward because I don't stress my palm as much when lifting (as the mouse will naturally tilt against my palm, making it easier to hold) and it's easier for me to control when using my finger tips.
Edited by popups - 2/2/16 at 11:26pm
post #4268 of 4666
After getting home & cutting open my amazon package, i finally got to the mouse. The black box it comes in i like a bit more than the white one used for the ergo, though that matters not.

Alright, now to the juicy stuff(Giggity). The mouse is amazing thus far, m1&2 feel great, even better than the ergo to me. The side buttons are my favorite of any mouse i have ever used, right in line with the deathadders, the placement is great as well.

The shape is just right, idk why but is is, now as i have said before i have a 21.5 cm claw on me. The Fm 2015/16 Ergo is great but my fingers hang over BY A LOT, especially my middle finger. For the Tournament Pro only a smidgen hangs over, not enough at all to bother.

The dimensions work very well for me, no cramps of any sort while playing for 3-4 hours this session. My ring & pinky fit & sit comfortably without any grip adjustments needed.

I have never held a WMO, but if it's anything like this i can say i understand why it's loved.

The sensor is nice & responsive, snappy & it has served well thus far. It feels great in game just as expected.

NOW my issue or issues, the darn braided cord is stiff as idk what. That i can deal with, however i thought my mouse feet were scraping the pad, upon further expection i realized it's the cord from the front end of the mouse on the pad, this i do not like. On the Rival it has a little rubber thing around the cord & it sits off the pad. The FM Ergo's cord has a great position, it sits off of the pad because it is centered. Idk if anyone else has this issue at all, if so let me know.

I have only had that issue along with one sensor spin out during game. Besides the stated issues, the mouse is just amazing in hand, FM did an amaIng job. I will try to post pics of the cord making contact with my pad as i described. I will keep playing later today with it & try to see if my sensor spins out in game again as it did, if it does happen a couple more times i will be forced to return it.

Edit:image of the Ergo, then TP cord differences as far as placement.





Last pic shows(as best as i could capture), it contacts the pad in a sort of bent fashion. Can be quite loud during swiping sessions, combined with the cord stiffness may annoy others, if they come across these issues.

All in all the mouse is still immaculent. More testing ahead, gotta see if the sensor goes dumb again or if it's a super rarity.
Edited by PhiZaRoaH - 2/3/16 at 2:59am
post #4269 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiZaRoaH View Post

After getting home & cutting open my amazon package, i finally got to the mouse. The black box it comes in i like a bit more than the white one used for the ergo, though that matters not.

Alright, now to the juicy stuff(Giggity). The mouse is amazing thus far, m1&2 feel great, even better than the ergo to me. The side buttons are my favorite of any mouse i have ever used, right in line with the deathadders, the placement is great as well.

The shape is just right, idk why but is is, now as i have said before i have a 21.5 cm claw on me. The Fm 2015/16 Ergo is great but my fingers hang over BY A LOT, especially my middle finger. For the Tournament Pro only a smidgen hangs over, not enough at all to bother.

The dimensions work very well for me, no cramps of any sort while playing for 3-4 hours this session. My ring & pinky fit & sit comfortably without any grip adjustments needed.

I have never held a WMO, but if it's anything like this i can say i understand why it's loved.

The sensor is nice & responsive, snappy & it has served well thus far. It feels great in game just as expected.

NOW my issue or issues, the darn braided cord is stiff as idk what. That i can deal with, however i thought my mouse feet were scraping the pad, upon further expection i realized it's the cord from the front end of the mouse on the pad, this i do not like. On the Rival it has a little rubber thing around the cord & it sits off the pad. The FM Ergo's cord has a great position, it sits off of the pad because it is centered. Idk if anyone else has this issue at all, if so let me know.

I have only had that issue along with one sensor spin out during game. Besides the stated issues, the mouse is just amazing in hand, FM did an amaIng job. I will try to post pics of the cord making contact with my pad as i described. I will keep playing later today with it & try to see if my sensor spins out in game again as it did, if it does happen a couple more times i will be forced to return it.

Now that I've established that the side coating is textured and similar to ZA series - how does that deal with sweat? Does it stay sticky/grimey? I don't mean visually but when you touch it. Soft touch coating / matte texturized plastic react very differently to wet sweat than for example UV coating or like the EC-A coating. The latter 2 are not good imho.
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4270 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramraze View Post

Now that I've established that the side coating is textured and similar to ZA series - how does that deal with sweat? Does it stay sticky/grimey? I don't mean visually but when you touch it. Soft touch coating / matte texturized plastic react very differently to wet sweat than for example UV coating or like the EC-A coating. The latter 2 are not good imho.

So far it's ok to me, a good whipe cleans it up pretty easily(not 100% but close enough). So far no grime or anything, i haven't had it long enough for it to get grimey yet. Prints are left quickly, which i could care less about. Once i play more & get it broken in i can see how it feels as far as sweat & grime.
Edited by PhiZaRoaH - 2/3/16 at 3:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse 2015