Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse 2015
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finalmouse 2015 - Page 444

post #4431 of 4666
IMO there's a huge difference between a 60$ mouse from a big company, that sponsors teams, invest in marketing and also design their own shells, to a start-up asking 70$ for their OEM mouse.

It's good that Jude actually replies people in here, I gotta agree with that. And also, Steelseries, Razer and even Zowie are overpriced. Indeed, they are.
But Finalmouse can be even more overpriced, not to mention all the QC problems that they still have. It's actually quite funny.
post #4432 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

Looks very ODM paired with a lot of marketing buzz words.

I'm not exactly impressed from what I see.
/thread
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4433 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLv1080 View Post

IMO there's a huge difference between a 60$ mouse from a big company, that sponsors teams, invest in marketing and also design their own shells, to a start-up asking 70$ for their OEM mouse.

there actually isn't a huge difference. what razer does with their money/budget (advertising, sponsorships) has no bearing on the quality of their products. razer mice are consistently bad, same with steelseries. you just proved how stupid it is to ask those kind of questions. how about IS THIS MOUSE AS GOOD AS THIS ONE? stop acting like Finalmouse needs to advertise more and sponsor more teams in order to churn out a better mouse.

just because a shell might be OEM, doesn't make it a bad mouse. It doesn't feel cheap, and it works. the truth is a $60 mouse from Razer or Steelseries might come with a shape they designed, but it also comes with bad sensors, bad design issues, terrible flaws, heavy weights, oh but you get software you can install, yay!

you're just judging it for face value, which is mistake number one. When you say 'oem mouse', people think of cheap WMO rip-offs. This isn't a cheap rip-off, considering it beats 90% of mice from Razer, Steelseries, and logitech. Did you see the g303 shape? Enjoy bad design with a $60 price tag with a fancy name.

I actually bought the mouse because I wanted to give it a shot. I actually have it in my hands and it's not a bad oem mouse that's a $70 rip off. I wouldn't hold back if this was a bad mouse since it cost me $100 Canadian. I would be really angry if I got a bad mouse or had to send it back, because it's a giant waste of money. News flash, it's not. It doesn't feel cheap at all.

Also QC issues are not representative from angry nerds complaining on this site. A vocal few aren't the majority, anyone here who is afraid of buying a bad mouse shouldn't listen to the very few people who are having issues.

don't judge a book by it's cover
Edited by wmoftw - 2/13/16 at 11:40am
post #4434 of 4666
Did Finalmouse say if they are going to fix the shell issues on the Tournament Pro?

They should also correct the weight on Amazon. Finalmouse seems to make it a selling point.
post #4435 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zibv View Post

Did Finalmouse say if they are going to fix the shell issues on the Tournament Pro?

just buy one, there are no shell issues. it either works or there's a rare chance you get one that has weird issues like the ones reported here. mine is fine and has zero problems
post #4436 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoftw View Post

just buy one, there are no shell issues. it either works or there's a rare chance you get one that has weird issues like the ones reported here. mine is fine and has zero problems


Lucky you.

I bought one already. There's a gap in left side of the shell. You can almost stick a dime through it. The LED light profusely shines through it. I don't seem to be the only one that has this issue.
post #4437 of 4666
so basically they realized that zowie could sell mice for >$60 with minimal/no investment in the engineering (firmware, pcb, etc...), cuz esports.
so they do the same, but for the most part of last year, try to hide the fact that their engineering is outsourced to some oem/odm
now they're (supposedly) moving away from the oem/odm stuff, which is good, but it's funny how now they're not hiding that anymore, even though two of their mice fall under that category
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4438 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoftw View Post

there actually isn't a huge difference. what razer does with their money has no bearing on the quality of their products. razer mice are consistently bad, same with steelseries. you just proved how stupid it is to ask those kind of questions. how about IS THIS MOUSE AS GOOD AS THIS ONE? stop acting like Finalmouse needs to advertise more and sponsor more teams in order to churn out a better mouse.

just because a shell might be OEM, doesn't make it a bad mouse. It doesn't feel cheap, and it works. the truth is a $60 mouse from Razer or Steelseries might come with a shape they designed, but it also comes with bad sensors, bad design issues, terrible flaws, heavy weights, oh but you get software you can install, yay!

you're just judging it for face value, which is mistake number one. When you say 'oem mouse', people think of cheap WMO rip-offs. This isn't a cheap rip-off, considering it beats 90% of mice from Razer, Steelseries, and logitech. Did you see the g303 shape? Enjoy bad design with a $60 price tag with a fancy name.

I actually bought the mouse because I wanted to give it a shot. I actually have it in my hands and it's not a bad oem mouse that's a $70 rip off. I wouldn't hold back if this was a bad mouse since it cost me $100 Canadian. I would be really angry if I got a bad mouse or had to send it back, because it's a giant waste of money. News flash, it's not.

Also QC issues are not representative from angry nerds complaining on this site. A vocal few aren't the majority, anyone here who is afraid of buying a bad mouse shouldn't listen to the very few people who are having issues.

don't judge a book by it's cover

"stop acting like Finalmouse needs to advertise more and sponsor more teams in order to churn out a better mouse."

What? I haven't said that.
What I basically said is that bigger companies spend more money on things like that, and they also create their own mice.

"just because a shell might be OEM, doesn't make it a bad mouse"
Indeed, I agree with that. However, they spent less money designing the mouse than, let's say, Steelseries.
I didn't say it was a bad thing, I just said that it was overpriced for using an OEM shell and possibly a pcb as well.

"the truth is a $60 mouse from Razer or Steelseries might come with a shape they designed, but it also comes with bad sensors, bad design issues, terrible flaws, heavy weights, oh but you get software you can install, yay! "

S3988 or 3310 are bad sensors? Or they're just bad because "it doesn't have the custom 1337 FM lens"?
What kind of terrible flaws? The Rival is pretty solid, for example.
Weight is personal, some people prefer lightweight mice and others prefer heavy mice. You can't measure quality by that.

I don't really care about having a software, but I'd like to at least be able to customize a few things on my 70$ mouse.
At least turn the LED on/off, change the LOD, change the polling rate, etc. Btw, Zowie mice can do that pretty well without a software.

"This isn't a cheap rip-off, considering it beats 90% of mice from Razer, Steelseries, and logitech. Did you see the g303 shape? Enjoy bad design with a $60 price tag with a fancy name. "

Shape wise? Yes, I gotta agree with you. But comparing the internals? roflmao
And btw, the G303 is 47$ on Amazon right now...

"Also QC issues are not representative from angry nerds complaining on this site. A vocal few aren't the majority, anyone here who is afraid of buying a bad mouse shouldn't listen to the very few people who are having issues."

I mean, having a 70$ mouse with this issue is not a problem at all, am I right?
Edited by aLv1080 - 2/13/16 at 11:56am
post #4439 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zibv View Post

I bought one already. There's a gap in left side of the shell. You can almost stick a dime through it. The LED light profusely shines through it. I don't seem to be the only one that has this issue.

a literal 'who cares'. it doesn't cause any problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLv1080 View Post

I mean, having a 70$ mouse with this issue is not a problem at all, am I right?

is this the best you guys can come up with? lol

it took me a while to see what that picture was even supposed to prove. oh no minimal light bleed in the shell. once again, who cares. you can't even notice it unless you take a picture and make a point of it. that's how minimal these issues are
post #4440 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoftw View Post

itt: entitled nerds who have nothing better to do than whine about a mouse company
could you be anymore snobby about this? please enlighten us as to why he's 'not good at this'.

the self-righteousness and snobbishness of people here are RIDICULOUS. oh it doesn't have 1000hz, so what? a) you weren't good at games to begin with b) it wouldn't make a difference anyways. 500hz->1000hz doesn't make everything suddenly way better and amazing. there is no noticeable difference between them at all, so it's just another dumb criticism.

my finalmouse is working perfectly and has no issues. and I bet that's the case for 90% of those mice sold because most people don't say a word when their product works and they're happy with it.

it's just pathetic and even hypocritical to rip them so much when people literally recommend kanas and kinzus, some of the worst mice ever made. people will recommend a sensor with 10cm LOD and advise you to put tape over it, and somehow finalmouse is the crappiest and money hungry company out there? Kim Rom said no to better switches because they cost pennies more, but Jude is somehow the second coming of Satan with the IQ of a rock?

people are sketched out from finalmouse because they're a small company and think they only care about money... here's a solution, hire more people and call it Steelseries. now people suddenly don't care. you think their intentions are malicious because of the small size of the company, yet size and maliciousness are not mutually exclusive.

I would wager most people here know nothing of manufacturing or starting/running a business, yet they will run their mouse and complain all day and act like people are stupid to referring to a 'tier 1' manufacturing plant. 99% of the time, those people making the claims have no idea what they're talking about, as evident here.

once again, my finalmouse tournament pro is working fine, oh my god it must be the only one in existence better call the BBB right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragil1ty View Post

^ this.

+1

Agreed +2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse 2015