Originally Posted by PrimePack
Here is how it sits:
As Sp33d suggested, I double checked the wiring, after the repasting I put the pump on a CPU lined, changed it over to CHA_Fan3.
I got into Windows, booted up CPU Temp, and Prime 95. Prime 95 has been running for about 40 minutes, temps about 50-60 C. Only stalls can be atributed to the lack of a recent web browser.
If it makes it to an hour, I will leave it running, get a small wire I need to help power the cooling system before I load it with everything else, close it up. Reinstall Windows, and someone call Doc. Brown since I am going to burn rubber.
Thank you ebducan for sticking up for me, I did see the videos about how to apply thermal paste, and honestly when I do a refit or a new machine, that is the one phase of the job I hate. It might not be perfect, but odds are once I have some more money in my pocket, and I get a new coolant system. I can do a better job then.
If I'm reading this correctly, you had the pump's power wire plugged into the CPU fan header - It's possible the pump wasn't running at full capacity due to Cool and Quiet or some other energy saving/management feature trying to do what it normally would with a CPU fan.
Good idea changing plugin headers, the CHA 3 header from what you've posted is working out for you so far - At least it's doing better so whatever you actually did had an effect. I have to agree with the above, reseating the block may have been the solution as well and didn't hurt to do it.
It's all a learning experience and I'm sure once it's finally sorted out, this will be something you'll remember from now on and maybe you could be helpful in the future with something like this later on. Edited by Kryton - 1/2/15 at 11:15am