Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Projects of the Month for January 2015
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Projects of the Month for January 2015 - Page 3

post #21 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyder View Post

a lot of times the server has wu limits. they might only allow a certain amount of unit at any given time... and require those to be uploaded before they will send you more.

I read in their news postings that you might not be able to download until completed tasks upload. It doesn't let me see what the wu limit is though. Either way, the only thing working is the website and file deleter. Everything else is backlogged because they disabled einstein4 to figure things out.
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 53
Just that much more attention to Rosetta and NFS then. Hi Ho!
post #23 of 53
Expect E@H to dump the lot if and as necessary, and the whinging to start....

dunx
Wee-PC
(17 items)
 
Wee black box
(13 items)
 
Boinc Box
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 - 960 Asus P6T7 WS Revolution with MIPS water blocks. XFX HD 7950 + waterblock Powercolour R9 280X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Ballistics Tracer 6 x 4Gb 2Tb WD caviar green Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD  Sony NEC DVD  
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Apogee Drive + Allphacool 180mm rad W7 Dell 29" 21:9 IPS monitor Coolermaster 1250W PSU 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 Scythe Kama Bay Speaker 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7-4770K Asus Impact VI HyperX beast 2400MHz 2x 8Gb WD 1Tb caviar black x3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel X-25 SSD 80 Gb Corsair H80 W7 Panasonic 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Keysonic wireless Silverstone 450 W SFX PSU Fractal Design Array R2 Griffin Powermate 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 870  Asus Maximus III Formula GTX 480  HD 5870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingMonitor
OCZ 4x 2Gb  WD 2TB Green Corsair H70 Dell 17"  
PowerCase
Coolermaster Silent Pro 750W NZXT Panzerbox 
  hide details  
Reply
Wee-PC
(17 items)
 
Wee black box
(13 items)
 
Boinc Box
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 - 960 Asus P6T7 WS Revolution with MIPS water blocks. XFX HD 7950 + waterblock Powercolour R9 280X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Ballistics Tracer 6 x 4Gb 2Tb WD caviar green Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD  Sony NEC DVD  
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Apogee Drive + Allphacool 180mm rad W7 Dell 29" 21:9 IPS monitor Coolermaster 1250W PSU 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 Scythe Kama Bay Speaker 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7-4770K Asus Impact VI HyperX beast 2400MHz 2x 8Gb WD 1Tb caviar black x3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel X-25 SSD 80 Gb Corsair H80 W7 Panasonic 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Keysonic wireless Silverstone 450 W SFX PSU Fractal Design Array R2 Griffin Powermate 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 870  Asus Maximus III Formula GTX 480  HD 5870 
RAMHard DriveCoolingMonitor
OCZ 4x 2Gb  WD 2TB Green Corsair H70 Dell 17"  
PowerCase
Coolermaster Silent Pro 750W NZXT Panzerbox 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 53
Running NFS not seeing crazy memory usage though hole system is only using up 3.85GB of 12GB or 32% of the total.

question about the work units

On the preferacnes page they have these options listed:
lasieved - app for RSALS subproject, uses less than 0.5 GB memory
lasievee - work nearly always available, uses up to 0.5 GB memory
lasievef - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory
lasieve5f - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory


What one of then is the 16e Lattice Sieve V5 1.11?

Is it the last listed 5f unit? Yes


Edited Yes in as that is the answer.
Edited by 5291Crash - 1/10/15 at 9:41pm
post #25 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5291Crash View Post

Running NFS not seeing crazy memory usage though hole system is only using up 3.85GB of 12GB or 32% of the total.

question about the work units

On the preferacnes page they have these options listed:
lasieved - app for RSALS subproject, uses less than 0.5 GB memory
lasievee - work nearly always available, uses up to 0.5 GB memory
lasievef - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory
lasieve5f - used for huge factorizations, uses up to 1 GB memory


What one of then is the 16e Lattice Sieve V5 1.11?

Is it the last listed 5f unit? Yes


Edited Yes in as that is the answer.


i have seen some nfs workunits take upwards of 4-5 gb the same with the lattice project i have seen more. the most ram for a single project i think was neurona@home which is no longer active... but it used up to like 10-12gb+ per workunit.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-5820k@4.2ghz Gigabyte X99-UD3P AMD 295x2 16GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120gb (OS), 2x 1tb WD Blacks R... LG Bluray CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 120 Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
26" Emprex Logitech G15 CoolerMaster SPH-1300 Coolermaster HAF922 
MouseMouse Pad
CM Sentinel II CoolerMaster HSM Battle Pad SSK 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-5820k@4.2ghz Gigabyte X99-UD3P AMD 295x2 16GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120gb (OS), 2x 1tb WD Blacks R... LG Bluray CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 120 Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
26" Emprex Logitech G15 CoolerMaster SPH-1300 Coolermaster HAF922 
MouseMouse Pad
CM Sentinel II CoolerMaster HSM Battle Pad SSK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyder View Post

i have seen some nfs workunits take upwards of 4-5 gb the same with the lattice project i have seen more. the most ram for a single project i think was neurona@home which is no longer active... but it used up to like 10-12gb+ per workunit.

Yeah, at that point it was 5 NFS (4 14e units one 16e unit), 1 seti unit, and one Moo! On the 5770.

attached image is the current usages


I seen in someones posts that the manager was showing ram usage for each task is that something i can add to the window on my setup?
7.4.27 (x64)
post #27 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5291Crash View Post

I seen in someones posts that the manager was showing ram usage for each task is that something i can add to the window on my setup?
7.4.27 (x64)

 

 

That was probably a screenshot of BoincTasks, which is a program that can be used instead of Boinc Manager for controlling your BOINC tasks and clients. 

 

I highly recommend using BoincTasks.  It is a simple to use, but very powerful, program for managing your BOINC machines.

post #28 of 53
Thread Starter 

Looks like Einstein is still having server issues.  If it is not back up in a couple of days we will switch over to a different GPU project for the remainder of the month. :thumb:

post #29 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post

Looks like Einstein is still having server issues.  If it is not back up in a couple of days we will switch over to a different GPU project for the remainder of the month. thumb.gif

Posted 12 Jan 2015 13:21:31 UTC
Moving data between the servers is slower than expected, disks are maxed out. The project won't be back in full operation before tomorrow morning.

BM


Uploads are active but due to their file system issues, its hit or miss (I am uploading about 2-5 FILES (not WU's) per minute but I have to hit retry every 30 seconds or so). Work generation is disabled except for some CPU tasks. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be back up.
i5
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI z77a-g43 MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaw X series 16GB OCZ agility 3 90GB Sandisk Ultra II 240GB Seagate ST4000DM000 
Optical DriveOSCase
None Windows 10 Pro Thor 
  hide details  
Reply
i5
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI z77a-g43 MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaw X series 16GB OCZ agility 3 90GB Sandisk Ultra II 240GB Seagate ST4000DM000 
Optical DriveOSCase
None Windows 10 Pro Thor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrond View Post

Posted 12 Jan 2015 13:21:31 UTC
Moving data between the servers is slower than expected, disks are maxed out. The project won't be back in full operation before tomorrow morning.

BM


Uploads are active but due to their file system issues, its hit or miss (I am uploading about 2-5 FILES (not WU's) per minute but I have to hit retry every 30 seconds or so). Work generation is disabled except for some CPU tasks. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be back up.

I just got a fetch work request through and after about 10 hours finally was able to download all the files for the WUs. I'll process as I get, but I don't think we'll be getting any results validated any time soon.
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net BOINC Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Projects of the Month for January 2015