Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Best BIOS settings/timings?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best BIOS settings/timings?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
What would be the best configuration in BIOS to use for my RAM? From what I understand it's better to run it at 1333Mhz with my processor unless I overclock the CPU-NB.

KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX

I'm not certain that my motherboard is correctly utilizing it at auto settings. Rep to whoever helps.
post #2 of 5
Download CPU-Z.
It will tell you what speed you memory is running at and what the timings are (memory tab).
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Download CPU-Z.
It will tell you what speed you memory is running at and what the timings are (memory tab).

Ya..already know that.


Don't really need this thread anymore, found the optimal settings to run it at to keep my overclock stable.
post #4 of 5
No there's NO reason what so ever to run them at 1333MHz, thats a fine CPU, its just getting old. But it handles 1600MHz ram no problem at all at stock settings. If anything u could OC your ram to 1866, but that might mean raising the timings from CL9 to CL10 and increacing the voltage. You would have to look around to find the timings to use in BIOS.

When I OC'd my ram, I just looked up the same brand of ram and model of ram, but at a higher speed, and then just used their timings.

And in the meantime whatever u do, those pII-965s usually OC well, so OC it and its NB. Should be hard to get 2000MHz from the CPU-NB with a bit of extra voltage, go read up on pII overclocking, its fun (if u haven't already)

In my memory lane flashback, I missed
Quote:
Don't really need this thread anymore, found the optimal settings to run it at to keep my overclock stable.
rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz ASRock z75 Pro3 MSI 980 Ti Gaming and Gigabyte R9 290 OC windforce 8GB 2133 CL9 Gskill Snipper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x 128GB M4 sata3 3TB Seagate + 640GB WD black M550 512GB sata3 2x140mm SilverArrow 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64bit QNIX 27" 1440p @96Hz 850W EVGA SuperNova +80Gold HAF 932 
MouseAudioAudio
Razor Abyssus SoundBlaster Z  Logitech X-540 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz ASRock z75 Pro3 MSI 980 Ti Gaming and Gigabyte R9 290 OC windforce 8GB 2133 CL9 Gskill Snipper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x 128GB M4 sata3 3TB Seagate + 640GB WD black M550 512GB sata3 2x140mm SilverArrow 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 64bit QNIX 27" 1440p @96Hz 850W EVGA SuperNova +80Gold HAF 932 
MouseAudioAudio
Razor Abyssus SoundBlaster Z  Logitech X-540 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaltenbrunner View Post

No there's NO reason what so ever to run them at 1333MHz, thats a fine CPU, its just getting old. But it handles 1600MHz ram no problem at all at stock settings. If anything u could OC your ram to 1866, but that might mean raising the timings from CL9 to CL10 and increacing the voltage. You would have to look around to find the timings to use in BIOS.

When I OC'd my ram, I just looked up the same brand of ram and model of ram, but at a higher speed, and then just used their timings.

And in the meantime whatever u do, those pII-965s usually OC well, so OC it and its NB. Should be hard to get 2000MHz from the CPU-NB with a bit of extra voltage, go read up on pII overclocking, its fun (if u haven't already)

In my memory lane flashback, I missed


Yeah I got them running nicely at 1600 with my CPU-NB overclocked a little bit as well. Been debating on memory overclocking since I have yet to give a go at it but wondering if the gains will really be worth it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Best BIOS settings/timings?