Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A - Page 140

post #1391 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramraze View Post

I wasn't basing my opinion on any of those measurements, but by simple desktop feel, making quick movements and making slow movements. I noticed this that I performed better at 500 hz on all mice but g303 and g402. My moves were way more stable and natural.
I realize this is subjective, but i've seen this confirmed all over. Especially on the 3090s. I've discussed this with woll3(playing in the same team) and he was also saying that on most 3310 the use of 500 hz was preferable. The funny thing is I've always used 1000 hz and suddenly 500 feels more natural.

Still, bad implementations perform worse 10 times out of 10. So, how do you 'force' a constant 1000 hz on the usb port making the mouse respond more consistently? I believe even if you fix this, it's still down to implementation, which was my original point. I don't know how to explain technically since I'm no hrdware engineer, but I can definitely feel the difference. Again, I admit this is based on opinion, so I'm not pulling a MaxK here (huehue).

Same exact conclusion I came to with this mouse. For whatever reason 500hz feels more natural/controllable. It's a subtle difference but I mean... I noticed it immediately the very first time I switched the mouse over to 500hz as I was learning all the button holds that allow you to change settings on Zowie mice.
post #1392 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFieLd View Post

Same exact conclusion I came to with this mouse. For whatever reason 500hz feels more natural/controllable. It's a subtle difference but I mean... I noticed it immediately the very first time I switched the mouse over to 500hz as I was learning all the button holds that allow you to change settings on Zowie mice.

I have this issue with many mice. Especially 3090 and 3310 ones. I feel like a junkie learning how to use a controller sometimes with 1000 hz. Like when there is unexpected vertical movements, it feels like that.
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1393 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramraze View Post

I wasn't basing my opinion on any of those measurements,
i dont really care about your opinion

when you say this
Quote:
It's just that, like you said, most implementations fail to do it. 965-970-980-990-1000-992-970 etc etc, for example, is not stable.
you're implying that those fluctuations are because of the mouse.
this is not true, as i've explained probably 3x times by now. as have haggard in his posts
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1394 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

i dont really care about your opinion

when you say this
you're implying that those fluctuations are because of the mouse.
this is not true, as i've explained probably 3x times by now. as have haggard in his posts

I just corrected myself and asked a simple honest question - how do you force it to be more stable then?

All I got was your "i dont care". That's such a nice answer.

If 500 hz feels more stable then why does it show up stable on a mousetester? Like it doesn't fluctuate.
How do you measure this, then - if at all?
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1395 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

Could I test USB 2.0 vs 3.0 in the same matter? I've noticed my mouse feels a lot slower when using USB 2.0.

You should try going through this guide and see if you can get your USB 2 working a bit faster. I had a problem on a motherboard where using ps/2 lagged the entire system, especially when a mouse was plugged in. If there's a bios update for your board, you could try that as well. Try the mouse also on a different PC or even laptop if you can to see if the issue is with your computer. If it's the same on another setup, then you should for sure RMA as it's a great mouse and you got nothing to lose from doing so. Worst case scenario they send it back to you.
Edited by etplayer - 10/24/15 at 1:35am
post #1396 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by etplayer View Post

You should try going through this guide and see if you can get your USB 2 working a bit faster. I had a problem on a motherboard where using ps/2 lagged the entire system, especially when a mouse was plugged in. If there's a bios update for your board, you could try that as well. Try the mouse also on a different PC or even laptop if you can to see if the issue is with your computer. If it's the same on another setup, then you should for sure RMA as it's a great mouse and you got nothing to lose from doing so. Worst case scenario they send it back to you.
Just updated my ASUS Z97-AR to the BIOS update from last week, it did feel a little better I guess, could of been placebo. Still having the issue where it feels like it doesn't track 100% of the time, mostly those tiny movements. Cleaned the sensor, put the replacement skates (less friction), formatted, etc.
post #1397 of 2813
Hey guys. I was wondering if I should go for EC1-a or EC2-a. My hand is around 19.5 cm and I'm using something between claw and fingertip grip, but might as well go for palm grip if needed. I'm only playing from my wrist so i use kinda high sensitivity (2.7 with 400 dpi).

I heard EC1-a's sensor is not as precise as the EC2-a's one because the ec1-a is bigger and sensor's position is not the same. Is it true?
post #1398 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwknx View Post

Hey guys. I was wondering if I should go for EC1-a or EC2-a. My hand is around 19.5 cm and I'm using something between claw and fingertip grip, but might as well go for palm grip if needed. I'm only playing from my wrist so i use kinda high sensitivity (2.7 with 400 dpi).

I heard EC1-a's sensor is not as precise as the EC2-a's one because the ec1-a is bigger and sensor's position is not the same. Is it true?

Size is personal preference.
Sensor location does play a role but the positions are close enough that going with the model that fits you the best will be overall the best for you.
post #1399 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwknx View Post

Hey guys. I was wondering if I should go for EC1-a or EC2-a. My hand is around 19.5 cm and I'm using something between claw and fingertip grip, but might as well go for palm grip if needed. I'm only playing from my wrist so i use kinda high sensitivity (2.7 with 400 dpi).

I heard EC1-a's sensor is not as precise as the EC2-a's one because the ec1-a is bigger and sensor's position is not the same. Is it true?
I had ec2-A witch was to small form my 20.5 cm hand...I played like 2 months with it...in claw grip.
So I've changed it with a ec1-A and with this one I can use a palm-claw hybrid grip. Because if I completely palm it is also small for me.
I didn't feel any difference about this 2 in terms of sensor position, if it is ...is really small, I cannot notice that.
If you play only from wrist..I think you should try za12 wich is like 125 length...like my ss. Sensei ( my friend using it for LOL) same wrist player.
If you want to full palm..than ec1 is the choice.
post #1400 of 2813
Ok, if you're primarily a claw user the EC2-A should be sizeable enough for you, but if you play palm at all I would recommend the EC1-A. I just got my EC2-A last week, and I was coming from a DA which even though the sizes are similar, the DA is wider. From the base of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is roughly 18cm. I have very small hands.. I'm actually a skinny dude. Anyway, with my grip style which is a hybrid between palm/finger tip... I use up ALL of the EC2-A's surface. There is maybe half a CM, if that.. of room left at the very edge of the main mouse buttons when palming the mouse. Now if I claw the mouse I have plenty of room left to spare. This mouse fills my small hand perfectly. So take from that what you will. You obviously have a larger hand than me.. so I'm not sure if you could palm this mouse at all, but you would be able to palm the EC1 just fine. However like I said, if you play claw, it shouldn't be an issue.

As far as sensor position goes on the EC2.... it feels perfect, to me. Keep in mind with the EC1-A you'll be getting a more heavy mouse. The EC2 is around 85-90G.

Personally if my hand was any larger, I would of had to send this mouse back but I ended up picking perfectly. It took me about 4 days to get used to the shape difference between this and the DA, but now that I have... it's so much better feeling. I'd rather have a mouse that's slightly big than too small.
Edited by KFieLd - 10/25/15 at 3:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A