Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A - Page 142

post #1411 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by etplayer View Post

Hm, I would RMA.. you really want one of these mice with a unit that works smile.gif
I'm afraid they're going to say nothing is wrong and just send it right back, because according to others, it's just me needing to adjust to the mouse. redface.gif
post #1412 of 2813
Where can I buy the original mouse feet or (something similair) that came on the EC1-A. I hate the extra replacement set in te box and the ones that are being sold (speedy skatez)
post #1413 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleso View Post

Where can I buy the original mouse feet or (something similair) that came on the EC1-A. I hate the extra replacement set in te box and the ones that are being sold (speedy skatez)
I am using corepad(made them rounded on edge ) because sadly hyperglide don't make for this model. They are Teflon and for me feels smooth and in the same time fast,not like the stock.
post #1414 of 2813
Have these been updated with reduced response lag? I know the ZA series is down to something like 4ms~ since when these came out they had delay of around 9ms~
post #1415 of 2813
Anyone with 17cm hands successfully using EC2-A with a fingertip grip?
post #1416 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

I'm afraid they're going to say nothing is wrong and just send it right back, because according to others, it's just me needing to adjust to the mouse. redface.gif

If you have anywhere else to try it out, even a 'net cafe you should give it a go. That eliminates it being anything to do with other hardware or software, but you should be able to use the mouse normally so I expect it's not just you getting used to it.
post #1417 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by coccosoids View Post

Anyone with 17cm hands successfully using EC2-A with a fingertip grip?

My hand is slightly larger (about 17.5) and I don't use finger-tip as my primary grip .. but I do use a hybrid of palm/finger-tip and it works perfect for me. I can finger-tip the mouse just fine. It will be the perfect size for you to do that as your main grip.
post #1418 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFieLd View Post

My hand is slightly larger (about 17.5) and I don't use finger-tip as my primary grip .. but I do use a hybrid of palm/finger-tip and it works perfect for me. I can finger-tip the mouse just fine. It will be the perfect size for you to do that as your main grip.

Thanks. Just one more detail: can you easily reach the middle click from a fingertip / hybrid grip? And would you say it is a soft or a hard click?
post #1419 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by coccosoids View Post

Thanks. Just one more detail: can you easily reach the middle click from a fingertip / hybrid grip? And would you say it is a soft or a hard click?

It's reachable yes. About the same as any other mouse with this kind of layout. As far as click, it's not a softer click. It's not excessively stiff, but stiff enough so that it can't be misclicked at all. You have to be deliberate if you want to hit it. It feels the same as a deathadder's middle mouse click... so if you're familiar with deathadders at all, you'll know what to expect. The good thing about the EC2's scroll wheel is that it's fitted further towards the front end of the shell, so it's more natural to click instead of having to awkwardly bend your finger backwards to be able to press it. IE: You don't need too change your finger's position(or have to bend it) to use the scroll wheel.

So yes, it's a stiffer scroll click like a lot of gaming mice on the market.. but it's tactile and has solid actuation(isn't mushy).
post #1420 of 2813
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFieLd View Post

It's reachable yes. About the same as any other mouse with this kind of layout. As far as click, it's not a softer click. It's not excessively stiff, but stiff enough so that it can't be misclicked at all. You have to be deliberate if you want to hit it. It feels the same as a deathadder's middle mouse click... so if you're familiar with deathadders at all, you'll know what to expect. The good thing about the EC2's scroll wheel is that it's fitted further towards the front end of the shell, so it's more natural to click instead of having to awkwardly bend your finger backwards to be able to press it. IE: You don't need too change your finger's position(or have to bend it) to use the scroll wheel.

So yes, it's a stiffer scroll click like a lot of gaming mice on the market.. but it's tactile and has solid actuation(isn't mushy).

Cool. Much appreciated. I'm thinking about it. I think I prefer a soft scroll (something like the Xornet). The fact that it's placed toward the front of the mouse worries me because with smaller hands it will make it difficult to reach in everyday use - I use the middle click quite often sometimes. I'm not familiar at all with the DA, so that's a bummer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A