Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A - Page 16

post #151 of 2765
just found this again: http://www.overclock.net/t/1214638/mouse-click-response-time#post_16452550

that might suggest that the first mice from zowie(EC1 / 2 non-evo) actually had a low button latency. biggrin.gif
PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3  MSI Z87-G43 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung evo 830 120GB  Samsung evo 840 250GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH ed. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64  Acer Predator XB240HA(G-SYNC) Logitech G410  be quiet! Straight Power E7 580W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Logitech G403(w/ paracord) Artisan Shiden Snow White L XSOFT  Soundblaster Z 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-590 AKG K712 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3  MSI Z87-G43 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung evo 830 120GB  Samsung evo 840 250GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH ed. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64  Acer Predator XB240HA(G-SYNC) Logitech G410  be quiet! Straight Power E7 580W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Logitech G403(w/ paracord) Artisan Shiden Snow White L XSOFT  Soundblaster Z 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-590 AKG K712 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #152 of 2765
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post

just found this again: http://www.overclock.net/t/1214638/mouse-click-response-time#post_16452550

that might suggest that the first mice from zowie(EC1 / 2 non-evo) actually had a low button latency. biggrin.gif

Btw, have someone actually tested the FK1/FK2 to see if they have that button latency?
Maybe they fixed it, maybe not...
post #153 of 2765
For christ sake...

CAN YOU NOTICE ZOWIE'S MEASURED CLICK LATENCY? MAYBE
CAN YOU NOTICE THAT ITS A HARD CLICK? YES
STOP TALKING ABOUT ZOWIE AND THEIR MEASURED CLICK LATENCY, ITS NOT THE REASON THE FK1 IS GETTING HATE, ITS BCUZ OF THE SHELL DESIGN WHICH MAKES IT A HARD CLICK. PLEASE GET IT INTO YOUR HEADS.
post #154 of 2765
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post

just found this again: http://www.overclock.net/t/1214638/mouse-click-response-time#post_16452550

that might suggest that the first mice from zowie(EC1 / 2 non-evo) actually had a low button latency. biggrin.gif

Yes, that's my old mouse http://i.imgur.com/R9uRkHu.jpg
Then I bought a "EC2 eVo" and sold it after a few months, as is obvious delay on click

Otherwise, the fastest currently have is Xornet, the shape is also acceptable for my grip
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua NH-D15 BenQ XL2411Z Bloody B740A 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 850W CM Storm Trooper Logitech G403 Logitech G240 
OtherOther
Sennheiser PC 320 G4ME twitch.tv/ChieFsr 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua NH-D15 BenQ XL2411Z Bloody B740A 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 850W CM Storm Trooper Logitech G403 Logitech G240 
OtherOther
Sennheiser PC 320 G4ME twitch.tv/ChieFsr 
  hide details  
Reply
post #155 of 2765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventadoor View Post

For christ sake...

CAN YOU NOTICE ZOWIE'S MEASURED CLICK LATENCY? MAYBE
CAN YOU NOTICE THAT ITS A HARD CLICK? YES
STOP TALKING ABOUT ZOWIE AND THEIR MEASURED CLICK LATENCY, ITS NOT THE REASON THE FK1 IS GETTING HATE, ITS BCUZ OF THE SHELL DESIGN WHICH MAKES IT A HARD CLICK. PLEASE GET IT INTO YOUR HEADS.

If you claim you make competitive gaming mice and dont give a damn about click latency, then you should get hate, doesnt matter if shell or mcu or anythin... thats just incomptence or lazyness of zowie

It doesnt have to get in the head of anybody, its just bad work by zowie...
post #156 of 2765
I love how everyone on this forum bashes companies for DPI marketing, and then complains that they *really* need something other than 400/800/1600/3200 for FPS games.

Also, why in the hell would you want to use mice with Huanos for RTS/MOBAs in the first place?
Skylake + Pascal
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming G. Skill Trident Z 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M.2 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 MX Red EVGA G2 750W Corsair Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
BenQ Zowie FK2 QcK+ Sennheiser HD 650 Schiit Vali 1 
Audio
Schiit Modi 1 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake + Pascal
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming G. Skill Trident Z 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M.2 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 MX Red EVGA G2 750W Corsair Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
BenQ Zowie FK2 QcK+ Sennheiser HD 650 Schiit Vali 1 
Audio
Schiit Modi 1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 2765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJS54 View Post

I love how everyone on this forum bashes companies for DPI marketing, and then complains that they *really* need something other than 400/800/1600/3200 for FPS games.

Also, why in the hell would you want to use mice with Huanos for RTS/MOBAs in the first place?

Better question: Why the hell would you want to use a mouse made for first person shooters for RTS/MOBA's?
post #158 of 2765
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rb1d View Post

Better question: Why the hell would you want to use a mouse made for first person shooters for RTS/MOBA's?

Simple answer: so you can complain about it on OCN
Skylake + Pascal
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming G. Skill Trident Z 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M.2 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 MX Red EVGA G2 750W Corsair Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
BenQ Zowie FK2 QcK+ Sennheiser HD 650 Schiit Vali 1 
Audio
Schiit Modi 1 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake + Pascal
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming G. Skill Trident Z 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M.2 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 MX Red EVGA G2 750W Corsair Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
BenQ Zowie FK2 QcK+ Sennheiser HD 650 Schiit Vali 1 
Audio
Schiit Modi 1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 2765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJS54 View Post

I love how everyone on this forum bashes companies for DPI marketing, and then complains that they *really* need something other than 400/800/1600/3200 for FPS games.

Also, why in the hell would you want to use mice with Huanos for RTS/MOBAs in the first place?
The complaints about DPI marketing are that companies make it seem like having 50000 dpi makes a mouse better and everyone should use high dpi, not being able to make your mouse 550 or 950 or whatever increment you want. And they usually accompany that argument by discussing how it's useful for RTS/MOBA and that the world doesn't revolve around FPS.

As for why someone would want to use a zowie mouse for RTS/MOBA, the answer is shape/design. And maybe they don't just play RTS/MOBA, as most people play more than one type of game.
Edited by a_ak57 - 1/16/15 at 7:29am
post #160 of 2765
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ak57 View Post

The complaints about DPI marketing are that companies make it seem like having 50000 dpi makes a mouse better and everyone should use high dpi, not being able to make your mouse 550 or 950 or whatever increment you want. And they usually accompany that argument by discussing how it's useful for RTS/MOBA and that the world doesn't revolve around FPS.

As for why someone would want to use a zowie mouse for RTS/MOBA, the answer is shape/design. And maybe they don't just play RTS/MOBA, as most people play more than one type of game.

Shape? Yes. Design? No. Let's be serious, Huanos (especially paired with the AM/FK shells) are not optimal for RTS/MOBA.

The reality is that this company caters to the FPS crowd, all of their BS marketing aside, and which IMO they do really well. If I played other genres I would not be using a Zowie.
Skylake + Pascal
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming G. Skill Trident Z 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M.2 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 MX Red EVGA G2 750W Corsair Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
BenQ Zowie FK2 QcK+ Sennheiser HD 650 Schiit Vali 1 
Audio
Schiit Modi 1 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake + Pascal
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming G. Skill Trident Z 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M.2 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 MX Red EVGA G2 750W Corsair Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
BenQ Zowie FK2 QcK+ Sennheiser HD 650 Schiit Vali 1 
Audio
Schiit Modi 1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A