Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A - Page 169

post #1681 of 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by maibuN View Post

I switch forth and back between EC1-A and IME 3.0 many times during the last weeks. Switching back to the IME 3.0 feels so nice everytime. Much more comfort for playing longer and also more consistent aim. Do you think I can still use IME 3.0? I heard the perfect control speed would be very low (1.5m/s@500Hz). Is this enough for cs go with 2.7 ingame sens for fast turning and precise flickshots? Or will I hit the max. speed very often? I can't really imagine how fast I move my mouse but 1,5m/s sounds extremely slow or is that ok? Thats the only thing which prevents me from just keeping IME3.0 and selling the EC1-A because I don't want to use a mouse which is technically outdated.

2.7 is pretty high, I don't think you will have problem with the 3.0 at that sens.
post #1682 of 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

All they needed to do was fix the Mouse 4 + Mouse 5, and scroll wheel, and it would have been fine. I think they're going to be selling the Black/White Zowie mice for now? Unless they somehow produced the new colorway with Huano Switches in the last week or two since the recall. I might of completely misunderstood this though rolleyes.gif
Yeah well I only read from their facebook comments that the ones at Rexflo are with huanos. At least that's what I understood from it. Could be black/white ones as well.
post #1683 of 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by maibuN View Post

I switch forth and back between EC1-A and IME 3.0 many times during the last weeks. Switching back to the IME 3.0 feels so nice everytime. Much more comfort for playing longer and also more consistent aim. Do you think I can still use IME 3.0? I heard the perfect control speed would be very low (1.5m/s@500Hz). Is this enough for cs go with 2.7 ingame sens for fast turning and precise flickshots? Or will I hit the max. speed very often? I can't really imagine how fast I move my mouse but 1,5m/s sounds extremely slow or is that ok? Thats the only thing which prevents me from just keeping IME3.0 and selling the EC1-A because I don't want to use a mouse which is technically outdated.

Honestly, and I am being dead serious here. I wouldn't worry about outdated.

I have a Deathadder 3.5g that still works and the ONLY reasons I do not use it is because I would need Synapse running all the time to keep it at 400 DPI, and the shape is a bit too tall with not enough of a steep curve to it.

If the IME 3.0 feels the best, then stick with it, as long as it still works what does it matter? biggrin.gif
post #1684 of 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunow View Post

Excuse me if I am wrong, but don't they use almost exactly the same shape as the deathadder? yet somehow the deathadder can make the side buttons be good/feel good?

Shape is insignificant.

DA has a separate circuit board thats attached to the main board via cables. A lot of mice have this approach - mx500-g400s, g303, g402, g502 etc.

The ec series uses the same layout as the ie3.0 did for example. the switches are on the same sensor circuit and their actuation point is different. Because of this design the buttons feel mushy but in reality there is nothing wrong with them.

Let me explain. On most mice side buttons press directly onto the switch, making the click feel crisp. On the ec2 the press is transfered through a pivot, that translates side movement of the button into up down movement of the actuator that clicks the switch.

Now I a not saiyng you cant make a separate board for the side buttons, but i doubt it the ec series in its current form will ever get this, as the shall has to be modified by a great extent. Not worthwhile doing unless you release a totally new product i guess
CoRE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 860 ASUS P7P55 LX Gigabyte 770GTX Kingston Value Ram 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120gb NEC Win7 Ultimate x64 Asus 27" vk 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair 800w CoolerMaster Cosmos Logitech G303 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent / Corepad eYEPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
CoRE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 860 ASUS P7P55 LX Gigabyte 770GTX Kingston Value Ram 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120gb NEC Win7 Ultimate x64 Asus 27" vk 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair 800w CoolerMaster Cosmos Logitech G303 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent / Corepad eYEPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1685 of 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shellbonus View Post

Shape is insignificant.

DA has a separate circuit board thats attached to the main board via cables. A lot of mice have this approach - mx500-g400s, g303, g402, g502 etc.

The ec series uses the same layout as the ie3.0 did for example. the switches are on the same sensor circuit and their actuation point is different. Because of this design the buttons feel mushy but in reality there is nothing wrong with them.

Let me explain. On most mice side buttons press directly onto the switch, making the click feel crisp. On the ec2 the press is transfered through a pivot, that translates side movement of the button into up down movement of the actuator that clicks the switch.

Now I a not saiyng you cant make a separate board for the side buttons, but i doubt it the ec series in its current form will ever get this, as the shall has to be modified by a great extent. Not worthwhile doing unless you release a totally new product i guess
Just curious, do you know the framerate at which the Deathadder 2013/Chroma runs at, as well as the Avago ADNS-3310 Zowie mice? Curious to see how much higher the Deathadder sensor's framerate is.
post #1686 of 2768
3988/3989 has 3 framerate steps: roughly 3000,7000,12500

3310 has 3 steps: roughly 2000, 4000, 6500
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
main
(15 items)
 
old
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k maximus vii impact nvidia gtx 970 crucial ballistix tactical 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crucial mx100 noctua nh-c14 windows 7 ultimate sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
kbp v80 matias quiet silverstone sx500-lg ncase m1 v3 logitech g100s with mcu replaced by teensy2.0 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
allsop raindrop xl chord mojo hifiman re-600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 evga x58 sli le galaxy gtx 460 crucial something 3x1gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
intel 330 180gb scythe kotetsu windows 8.1 pro sony cpd-g520 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech k120 silverstone st75f-gs nxzt h440 evga torq x5 
Mouse PadAudio
allsop raindrop mobo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1687 of 2768
Does the LED on the scroll wheel affect tracking? Like if I were to remove it would it still work?
my baby
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k ASUS H97M-e/CSM GTX 970 Mixed Brand 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO Windows 10 ASUS VG248QE Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX500 Corsair SPEC-01 Steelseries Kinzu Sudden Attack SteelSeries QcK+ 
AudioAudio
HyperX Cloud II Sennheiser Momentum IEMs 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2860QM@2.5GHz AMD Radeon 6770M 1GB Crucial 16GB DDR3L 1333MHz SODIMM For Mac  Samsung 850 EVO  
OSMonitorMouseAudio
MAC OSX El Capitan High-res Upgraded display 1680x1050 15.6" Steelseries Kinzu Sudden Attack RHA MA750 
  hide details  
Reply
my baby
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k ASUS H97M-e/CSM GTX 970 Mixed Brand 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO Windows 10 ASUS VG248QE Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX500 Corsair SPEC-01 Steelseries Kinzu Sudden Attack SteelSeries QcK+ 
AudioAudio
HyperX Cloud II Sennheiser Momentum IEMs 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2860QM@2.5GHz AMD Radeon 6770M 1GB Crucial 16GB DDR3L 1333MHz SODIMM For Mac  Samsung 850 EVO  
OSMonitorMouseAudio
MAC OSX El Capitan High-res Upgraded display 1680x1050 15.6" Steelseries Kinzu Sudden Attack RHA MA750 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1688 of 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

3988/3989 has 3 framerate steps: roughly 3000,7000,12500

3310 has 3 steps: roughly 2000, 4000, 6500
Thank you! Googling yielded me no results rolleyes.gif

I'm trying to force myself to use this mouse, trying 800 DPI @ 1000Hz (Highest LoD since coming from DeathAdder), but it just doesn't feel half as precise as the Deathadder sensor, it's almost as if I'm being restricted or something, I can't really explain it.

Apparently Zowie has already made the Zowie/BenQ black/red mice, with the old internals but the 16-step scroll wheel. They offered to take this Zowie EC1-A back and give me the new Zowie/BenQ model. Is it worth shipping and waiting again for just a different scroll wheel?
post #1689 of 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

Thank you! Googling yielded me no results rolleyes.gif

I'm trying to force myself to use this mouse, trying 800 DPI @ 1000Hz (Highest LoD since coming from DeathAdder), but it just doesn't feel half as precise as the Deathadder sensor, it's almost as if I'm being restricted or something, I can't really explain it.

Apparently Zowie has already made the Zowie/BenQ black/red mice, with the old internals but the 16-step scroll wheel. They offered to take this Zowie EC1-A back and give me the new Zowie/BenQ model. Is it worth shipping and waiting again for just a different scroll wheel?

I personally dont like the 16 step wheel. It makes day to day tasks that more tedius. In game it does offer better consistency and feel though. Still I prefer Logitech optical encoder design.
CoRE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 860 ASUS P7P55 LX Gigabyte 770GTX Kingston Value Ram 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120gb NEC Win7 Ultimate x64 Asus 27" vk 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair 800w CoolerMaster Cosmos Logitech G303 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent / Corepad eYEPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
CoRE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 860 ASUS P7P55 LX Gigabyte 770GTX Kingston Value Ram 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120gb NEC Win7 Ultimate x64 Asus 27" vk 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair 800w CoolerMaster Cosmos Logitech G303 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent / Corepad eYEPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1690 of 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

The SteelSeries Rival I had didn't feel as sluggish as this, which is odd. Using 800 DPI definitely improved it, and changing it to the Higher LoD setting, since I'm coming from a Deathadder 2013/Chroma. Did yours have a chipped trim lens by any chance? Here's some pics I took today; also including my old Zowie EC1-A that I RMA'd. It's like they purposely gave me another defective unit, it's a pretty unbelievable coincidence.

My trim lense looks the same frown.gif

Edit* I asked zowie. The trim lense is fine so don't worry. -> "This "chip" is not a defect. All our current mice will have this, even the new ZOWIE BenQ line."
Edited by maibuN - 2/5/16 at 2:11pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie releases EC1-A and EC2-A