Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 278

post #2771 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitcHELLspawn View Post

Yeah but being totally honest... I don't see much of a difference if any at all after around 100-110 hz/fps. So while the 200hz thing is cool and all, it wouldn't be near as noticeable as going from full 4k where I'm at now, to 1080 which I would notice immediately.

If my desk was big enough I'd love to own em all lol and use specific ones for specific games.. alas it's not practical in the least.

I have decided to keep my xb280hk though. Going to just use it for multitasking while gaming.

Yeah, haha. I'd love to do that too, but it isn't practical just like you said, and it is unaffordable unless you're rich and like to throw away money. tonguesmiley.gif

Edit: typos
Edited by Pragmatist - 9/19/15 at 11:08am
post #2772 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitcHELLspawn View Post

What type of game do you feel needs gsync more than others? In my experience every game benefits greatly with Gsync... and if you don't consider fallout 4, just cause 3, or rainbow 6 heavy hitters... and assassins creed is? Haha yikes. Hehe just joking around.

Games that can't maintain 60 fps stable maxed out need G sync the most in my usage. And I didn't say I don't consider those games heavy hitters, if you look closely I said games that I'm interested in. I've never played any of those franchises yet but I have played AC, and if ACS uses ACUs engine then it will need G sync. Hence why I will wait until the Asus one releases too.
post #2773 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeerK View Post

Games that can't maintain 60 fps stable maxed out need G sync the most in my usage. And I didn't say I don't consider those games heavy hitters, if you look closely I said games that I'm interested in. I've never played any of those franchises yet but I have played AC, and if ACS uses ACUs engine then it will need G sync. Hence why I will wait until the Asus one releases too.

Yeah I was honestly just joking about the games. But if you haven't played the fallout series you should definitely have a go at the new one !

But as for the gsync thing, if you have a 60hz monitor yeah gsync doesn't do much if you can maintain the 60 but if you have a monitor with a higher refresh rate gsync will give a benefit at any fps which is awesome.

Oh and the new ac is using the same engine, but I'm guessing it will be much more optimized this time around. They pushed that game out much too early.

If I'm not mistaken isn't this year's ac game coming out later on pc than on console? I think they're really trying to appease pc gamers this time around.
Edited by mitcHELLspawn - 9/19/15 at 11:44am
post #2774 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSmash View Post

Scan quite clearly describes it as a 60hz monitor, you don't get to pick and choose the descriptions which suit your argument, a marketing representation is construed as a whole, and Scan's description explicitly states "up to 100hz" via overclocking.
I actually think you are over simplifying, I live in a Commonwealth country with very similar trade and consumer laws to the UK, and the fact that 100hz is mentioned somewhere in an advertisement does not guarantee you anything when it is caveated with the words "up to".
Which at this moment only applies to OC UK, who may well change that description at some point before the monitor officially releases. Ultimately retailers will fall in line with Acer's position, because if Acer is not prepared to accept returns of monitors bought via wholesalers simply because they can't run at 100hz, then retailers are not going to take on the financial risk by describing them as 100hz. And there is no reason why that argument would apply to other hardware component but not a monitor.

To put it plain and simple you're wrong, sorry but there's no other way to put it.
The fact that Scan has clearly put 100Hz with OC on their website is enough to return the monitor if it doesn't achieve 100Hz even if it's 99Hz it's not as described, and you will get full refund or exchange.
I'm working for on of bigger UK electronics retailers and I get those kind of returns on a daily basis, Scan wont even dispute this because they know UK consumer law (which you don't)
The fact that Scan has that on their website was enough for me to decide and give it a go (well that and the fact Scan has it £30 cheaper than OCUK)
I'll be getting mine as soon as it's in stock.
Edited by RobotDevil666 - 9/19/15 at 12:02pm
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2775 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitcHELLspawn View Post

Lol are you kidding me? Abuse? Because I've called you out on your ridiculous posts, like quite a few other people have as well?

You specifically said in another post that you think the price won't actually be that high but rather you think it'll be closer to 1049, then in this most recent post you go off on another tangent about the asus possibly having
An A-TW polarizer in it and that's why it's so expansive. So which is it?

The simple fact is that 95% of your posts on this forum has NOTHING to do with the acer x34, which is the topic of the discussion. Instead, you're just constantly trying to give reasons why everyone should get the asus version. Even going as far as making things up as you go.

You call this abuse? I say it's calling you out on your ridiculous posts. Also, I haven't "abused" any one else in this forum. I just started to get sick of seeing you derail the conversation over and over again towards the asus and what's worse, making up complete fabrications about the x34 to make it look bad.

Also, I've read this entire forum. And not one person could only get this monitor to 80hz. That's just a blatant lie. The worst I've seen the monitor do so far is 95hz.

Anyway, I'm completely done with this. I'm just going to ignore your silly comments from here on out.

Well you have not been reading the comments then, as someone said once you get above 75hz there is coil whine, I have posted many relevant things about the ACER Predator X34, you just do not read them

I just said that this monitor is not out yet, so it still could have many issues like not getting above 75hz or bad backlight bleed as only a small amount of users have this monitor.

The ASUS monitor would be worth it at £1049 as it gives you longer warranty, I was saying that a A-TW polarizer might be why it is more expensive, I just think it is because of Overclockers getting priority and there being no competition

Could you actually read these comments it seems you read 1 line and give up, then you try and insinuate my comment, how about you just read, if you look over old comments, you will actually notice and my comments about the ACER Predator X34
post #2776 of 6126
This 100 hz issue. I just was wondering if Acer is making the statement in accordance that one may not be able to hit 100 hz/FPS in every game. I think the issue is overblown as is. redface.gif Obviously if the monitor does not reach 100 hz in any game then it is eligible for a return.

Thank you for this thread though. biggrin.gif
post #2777 of 6126
Have you actually read all the problems the Rog Swift has had? And if so... you honestly think this Asus monitor is going to come out hassle free? Keep dreaming dude. Your posts all point to your desire to purchase the Rog over this Acer. Great, do us all a favor and quit making stupid points as to why you want to and just do it when it comes out. Hope it doesn't suck.
post #2778 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techenthused73 View Post

This 100 hz issue. I just was wondering if Acer is making the statement in accordance that one may not be able to hit 100 hz/FPS in every game. I think the issue is overblown as is. redface.gif Obviously if the monitor does not reach 100 hz in any game then it is eligible for a return.

You don't reach a Hz level in a game. You reach an FPS (frames per second) level. They are linked in as much as if your monitor is 100Hz, you will only be able to display a visible maximum of 100FPS, but the FPS is not dependent on the monitor, rather your PC setup (GPU, CPU etc.). The monitor is always running steady at its own speed... whether that be 60Hz, 75Hz, 100Hz or 144Hz... whether you get the full benefit of that depends on your PC and how well it performs. The Hz level won't fluctuate like the FPS does.
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2779 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

You don't reach a Hz level in a game. You reach an FPS (frames per second) level. They are linked in as much as if your monitor is 100Hz, you will only be able to display a visible maximum of 100FPS, but the FPS is not dependent on the monitor, rather your PC setup (GPU, CPU etc.). The monitor is always running steady at its own speed... whether that be 60Hz, 75Hz, 100Hz or 144Hz... whether you get the full benefit of that depends on your PC and how well it performs. The Hz level won't fluctuate like the FPS does.

Huh? What do you mean the hz won't fluctuate like the fps does? Of course it will. That's the entire purpose of a gsync monitor.
post #2780 of 6126
Does Acer know this though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync