Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 380

post #3791 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangs55 View Post

Can somebody around her get @funfordcobra a medal or something for finally providing what this thread needs???

Thanks man smile.gif Appreciate you taking the time to test and post thumb.gifcheers.gif

No problem. I really wanted for someone else to do the tests and post them before me before I bought this thing but I GUESS PEOPLE WORK AND STUFF? lol
post #3792 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

Today was a good day. Took me about an hour to unbox and set this thing up. Then about another 2 hours to perform quality tests and benchmarks. This thing passed all tests with flying colors. No dead pixels, no color banding, no flickering, no ips humming, no backlight bleeding, and very little IPS glow. I'm very happy with this. Now its time to GAME!!!


...

Wow...a proper unboxing and setup post smile.gif

Thank you sir smile.gif

Look awesome and love the setup. What articulated mount is that?
post #3793 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangs55 View Post

Wow...a proper unboxing and setup post smile.gif

Thank you sir smile.gif

Look awesome and love the setup. What articulated mount is that?

This is the mount I used.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055IX824?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Keep in mind I had to mount a 2x8 24" piece of wood to the wall to be able to center the mount due to the wall studs not being center but it helped give me a bit more reach with the monitor. Main reason I have this setup like this, is it allows me to recline my feet up in my lazyboy chair with out my feet hitting the back wall or rather my workbench which is currently folded down. This also gives the illusion that the monitor is floating which is really cool imo.
post #3794 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

Today was a good day. Took me about an hour to unbox and set this thing up. Then about another 2 hours to perform quality tests and benchmarks. This thing passed all tests with flying colors. No dead pixels, no color banding, no flickering, no ips humming, no backlight bleeding, and very little IPS glow. I'm very happy with this. Now its time to GAME!!!

Thank you for the detailed unboxing. Great to see you have received a perfect item wink.gif.

Quick question. My setup will be mounted like yours. Out of curiosity, the below VESA adaptor comes with the monitor right? It's not something you had to buy on the side?

post #3795 of 6126
yea its in there with the monitor
post #3796 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanou View Post

Thank you for the detailed unboxing. Great to see you have received a perfect item wink.gif.

Quick question. My setup will be mounted like yours. Out of curiosity, the below VESA adaptor comes with the monitor right? It's not something you had to buy on the side?


Yes that vesa mount comes with the monitor.

One more thing that I feel I must say for those who might get over whelmed with excitement and over look the obvious. When you lay the monitor face down to attach the vesa mount or mounts that is cuz there are two you will most likely use (the one issued with the monitor and the one issued with the wall mount you buy separately).

Be mindful that when you are applying the screws to NOT PUSH DOWN as you screw the mount to the back of the monitor because for obvious reasons this is not a flat screen and it does not sit flat on the surface below. I actually felt some tweak when I laid the monitor face down to start the mounting work and I was a bit nervous while doing this that the screen might crack. Fortunately all went well but just something to think about before you start.

I think it would be a bit awkward to attempt to mount the vesa mounts with the monitor up right. I guess if you have a 2nd pair of hands that might be a better and safer option.
post #3797 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

This is the mount I used.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055IX824?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Keep in mind I had to mount a 2x8 24" piece of wood to the wall to be able to center the mount due to the wall studs not being center but it helped give me a bit more reach with the monitor. Main reason I have this setup like this, is it allows me to recline my feet up in my lazyboy chair with out my feet hitting the back wall or rather my workbench which is currently folded down. This also gives the illusion that the monitor is floating which is really cool imo.

Any chance we can get a black screen pic of your monitor to check out BLB?

Thanks
post #3798 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfordcobra View Post

I wonder what those indentions are on the underside of the top of the box. Mine had the same weird marks.

lol I hadn't really noticed that until you mentioned it. I have no idea tbh.
post #3799 of 6126
Did anyone notice that the antiglare coating on this monitor is a little weak? I am getting do much glare from the kitchen light behind me something that I didnt notice with my xstar.
post #3800 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangs55 View Post

Any chance we can get a black screen pic of your monitor to check out BLB?

Thanks

I didn't post the IPS glow & BLB results because others had already done so but here you go. Keep in mind that the photograph really isn't the best representation of the actual look because the camera tends to exaggerate the glow. When I'm sitting in front of it in a very low light room as seen in the pics I can't see much IPS glow and I see no back light bleeding and that's all that matters to me not what my camera picks up.

Hope this helps.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync