Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 386

post #3851 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

I've been using a 15ft 4K DP cable for months now and have no issues with it at all. 15ft is the max you can go using a 4K cable. If you go longer it will not be able to handle the 4K through put.
This is the cable I have been using.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IU1R29I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00


I will back him up on that. I have the exact same 15ft cables that I’ve been using my XB280HK monitors and now my X34’s. I haven’t had a single issue except for the cable release on the connector could have been constructed a little better.
post #3852 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

How exactly does this hair dryer method work?
Ask @funfordcobra he had really good results with doing it on his monitor. http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/3740#post_24509327
post #3853 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symaza View Post

Well, i got my second X34 today. It is perfect, i am totally happy. I ordered from Alternate.de.

Now i need your help. I read TFT Central review and want to try their recommended color OSD settings. I set it up as they mentioned here:

..goto calibration

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_x34.htm

eColor preset mode: User
Brightness: 34 (set: OK!)
Contrast: 50 (set: OK!)
Colour Temp: User (set OK!)
Gamma: 2.2 (set OK!)

RGB Gain: 49, 49, 51 (what did they mean? I only find a menu named "6-axis-color" at x34 OSD. There you can set RGBCYM from 0 to 255)
.. are their settings %-values? So, do i have to set 125/125/130? Standard all values for RGBCYM are 127. What about CYM values? Can anyone explain me what to set exactly, i am no professional?

I did my calibration yesterday but this part I was also stumped on so if anyone knows exactly what they mean and can post it that would be great.
post #3854 of 6126
Acer got back to me on Canadian pricing... $1699.99 indeed.

That makes no sense whatsoever... They sell the freesync version for $1299, and newegg even has it for $1100... but they want $1700 for a gsync module to be added? I don't know how I'm going to convince myself to overpay on something like that... it just doesn't make any sense unless they feel they're predator name suddenly allows a ROG tax to be added.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3855 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfordcobra View Post

doing a vid so it doesn't exacerbate the BlB.

I just got finished taking a hair dryer to the back of the panel where the BLB was for a few minutes to see if the panel would seat better from heat and cold expansions and its helping alittle. Here is a video after 10 minutes of hairdryer. 2 min on and 2 min off repeated while the monitor is OFF.

https://youtu.be/U2-RYzh6_wE

Thx for the info. I had never heard of this before. Am I correct to assume that you would focus the hair dryer around the back edges of the monitor since thats where the BLB is? Seems like common sense but I hate to assume.
post #3856 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchus View Post

Well I just spoke to Scan.co.uk and they said so far their 23rd of October date is correct.

Overclockers spoke to ACER yesterday about it, they had problems with the firmware updating company. They said it will be here by the start of November
post #3857 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowiejr View Post

I will back him up on that. I have the exact same 15ft cables that I’ve been using my XB280HK monitors and now my X34’s. I haven’t had a single issue except for the cable release on the connector could have been constructed a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

I did my calibration yesterday but this part I was also stumped on so if anyone knows exactly what they mean and can post it that would be great.

The settings are under user color. (Cool, warm, user, ect) you select user and its on that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

Thx for the info. I had never heard of this before. Am I correct to assume that you would focus the hair dryer around the back edges of the monitor since thats where the BLB is? Seems like common sense but I hate to assume.
yes 2 min heat, 2 min cold, repeat.
post #3858 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

Overclockers spoke to ACER yesterday about it, they had problems with the firmware updating company. They said it will be here by the start of November

I read the same thread and he never said November...

Anyway he just said this:




Acer now inform me they hope to re-flash the monitors Monday/Tuesday and have a booking in slot for the re-flashed stock on 22nd October, so they could be with us on 23rd October if the distributor books them in on 22nd, if not they will arrive following week.
post #3859 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchus View Post

I read the same thread and he never said November...

Anyway he just said this:




Acer now inform me they hope to re-flash the monitors Monday/Tuesday and have a booking in slot for the re-flashed stock on 22nd October, so they could be with us on 23rd October if the distributor books them in on 22nd, if not they will arrive following week.

If it will arrive the following week, it would be November when you get them
post #3860 of 6126
How are you guys getting coil whine? Are you plugged into a wall or UPS? (I'm on UPS)
I tried to reproduce it but I couldn't hear any at all with a white screen and/or low brightness tests.

I had coil whine on my 980tis until I got the ups. When I got it, the whine disappeared. Also UPS sine wave has a lot to do with it. You don't want a simulated sine wave but a pure sine wave.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync