Just finished setting up my monitor. Got it from Alternate.de
- No banding issues, very good in this regard
- 100 Hz capable
- No dead pixels
- Speakers are serviceable
- DPI feels very good (previous monitor was 24" 16:10 1920x1200)
- 21:9 format is fantastic, subtle curve is perfect, screen real state is amazing even when you're expecting it.
- Backlight bleed on the left corners. I come from another IPS, an HP ZR24W, I'm used to IPS glow, this one has bleed and it's noticeable. Calibration has improved it, and I'll do the guetto hair dryer treatment just in case it improves.
- Very bottom of the screen is darker then the rest.
- Calibration is a huge PITA. It seems impossible to get it right, particularly gamma levels. I'm doing it by hand, and I've settled in something that looks good to me, although it's worse than my previous monitor.
- Coil whine at +80Hz, noticeable but not annoying. With any sort of audio on, it's inaudible. After a couple of minutes, you stop hearing it anyway. Please note I'm an audio geek and generally notice anything audio related faster and more solidly than most people.
- Predator logo looks really unprofessional
The monitor is definitively stunning and I probably won't RMA it. for this sort of price, I'd expect better BLB. Don't know what happens with the calibration, probably I'm still used to the old monitor. 100Hz+Gsync isn't as impressive as I thought it would be, but I still gotta fiddle a bit more. I'd recommend the monitor to enthusiasts with money to burn, otherwise wait not for a cheaper monitor, but for a better one. It's definitively impressive, but also very clearly a "gen 1" device.
I'll post pictures tomorrow hopefully.
Edited by Zanchito - 10/19/15 at 2:33pm