Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 419

post #4181 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve101 View Post

Man i want this monitor. Hmm I might fly to singapore for the day and go pick one up.

you wish it were that easy didn't you!

there's a 1-5 week leadtime. guy orders from distributor he doesn't keep stock.
post #4182 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfish View Post

I'll admit, it is hard for me to tell how much I like G-Sync vs. how much I like 100Hz. To me it is undeniably better but I'm not sure why having not seen either before. However, for low frame rate things like DayZ - subjectively things seem smoother, nothing dramatic, but somewhat, and that is all I was hoping for. Again, that could be mostly the higher refresh rate though (pro-tip, to get DayZ to run at 100Hz you have to manually edit your cfg file, it won't pick it up by default).

Edit: So doing some reading it looks like the 358.50 driver was a really bad time to experience G-Sync for the first time. There is a 358.59 hotfix out that is supposed to fix a lot of the issues of it not performing as it should, I'll check it out tonight.

Thanks but didn't fix my flickering issues frown.gif
post #4183 of 6126
dude, nothing will fix your flickering, your x34 just dont oc to 100hz. my first x34 was not able to run 100hz aswell and had this flickering too. try what you want but i garant nothing will make this flickering @ 100hz go away. just get a x34 that does 100hz an there will be no flickering or just use the your x34 @ 95hz, makes not diff anyways.
post #4184 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmi View Post

dude, nothing will fix your flickering, your x34 just dont oc to 100hz. my first x34 was not able to run 100hz aswell and had this flickering too. try what you want but i garant nothing will make this flickering @ 100hz go away. just get a x34 that does 100hz an there will be no flickering or just use the your x34 @ 95hz, makes not diff anyways.

This is the first I've heard of someone else with the flickering issues....

I already have another X34 in the mail....but is there anything wrong with me trying potential fixes until then?
Edited by Stangs55 - 10/20/15 at 7:19am
post #4185 of 6126
you cant fix it. just use it with 95hz until you get your new one.

its not the first monitor i overclocked. some monitors shows red, white or black screens if they cant do the oc, the x34 flickers like hell.
Edited by webmi - 10/20/15 at 7:24am
post #4186 of 6126
Newegg got rid of the "Backorder" option and now it's back to "Auto-Notify". A word to those who are still looking to buy: don't trust newegg's auto notify feature. It's been in stock three times in the last week and never once did I get a single email notification to either of the two email addresses I signed up to be automatically notified when the item was back in stock. I signed up again both times it went in stock and sold out, never heard a word.
post #4187 of 6126
I used nowinstock.com - they sent me the noticed on 10/13 at 3:26 AM that allowed me to get mine from NewEgg.
post #4188 of 6126
Backinstock and newegg auto notify didn't work for me. I just happened to refresh the page at the right time. About the flickering, are the monitors only guaranteed to go up to 75hz?
post #4189 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyPleb View Post

Backinstock and newegg auto notify didn't work for me. I just happened to refresh the page at the right time. About the flickering, are the monitors only guaranteed to go up to 75hz?

 

The FreeSync version (XR341CK) yes, it is only up to 75 Hz. The X34 G-Sync version instead is up to 100 Hz, if the monitor cannot reach it you can get it exchanged. Acer also confirmed this is the case to OcUK (and TFTCentral too I believe?).

post #4190 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangs55 View Post

This is the first I've heard of someone else with the flickering issues....

I already have another X34 in the mail....but is there anything wrong with me trying potential fixes until then?

I had the same flickering issues with the first batch and reported them here:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/1900_20#post_24403697
Quote:
Cons:
- I can overlock to 100 hz, but if i set 100 hz in the nvidia control panel the whole screen flickers like crazy. Could be that my display port cable is the reason. I'll try another one later.

Sad to see that this still isn't fixed and multiple screens can't be run at 100hz.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync