Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 451

post #4501 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchus View Post

:/ the monitor has no sharpness features so I don't know what to do.

@skypine I'm shocked about what you say on GTA V. For me that was the biggest difference. I have almost the identical rig to you aside from processor and GTA was a huge improvement. I came from the LG too btw. I was getting sick of the input lag and I'm happy I switched.

Input lag on your 34 LG? Maybe I'm crazy or just don't see these things, but I've never noticed any on mine.
post #4502 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt FatPants View Post

Thanks Vladislavs, yes i got mine from OCUK, i'm running sli GTX 970's and only tested Pcars and Farcry4 upto now, and they are ripping through the task of running those games at 3440x1440, more then happy.

How many FPS are you getting in Pcars and far cry 4 with sli 970?

2x 970 its like the same as 1x 980 Ti, correct?
post #4503 of 6126
Amazon just confirmed mine is on shipping - arrival mid next week !!!

Let's hope for the "blinded luck goddess" to smile on me !
post #4504 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethorMorgan View Post

Amazon just confirmed mine is on shipping - arrival mid next week !!!

Let's hope for the "blinded luck goddess" to smile on me !

Is this Amazon EU or something because I never see the Acer X34 on Amazon US.
post #4505 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzone View Post

Is this Amazon EU or something because I never see the Acer X34 on Amazon US.

AMAZON ITALY
post #4506 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethorMorgan View Post

AMAZON ITALY

Ah alright. Lets hope you get a good one ^.^
post #4507 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypine27 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And not to repeat myself here, but the BLB and/or IPS glow (whatever you want to call it) is WAAAY exaggerated on camera. Im using a Nikon 1 J5 to take the pics i posted and its a nice camera. And it definitely "over exposes" (if thats the right term) the orange/yellish glow in the corners. When seen through the naked eye, its no where near that pronounced.

Im sure some monitors have it worse than others but Im having no issues with that.

Update:

The hotfixed fixed my far cry 4 BSOD crash too! Thanks!!

Running at 90+ FPS and it is SMOOTH. I see the appeal of the extra 40hz in FPS games (though again, in Ark Surivial it makes no difference coming from my 60hz LG 34")



With two 980 ti's (only one active) I run ark at around 20-40 fps in a best case, so no, that isn't going to show you what beyond 60hz is like and will run sluggishly on anything. It is a terribly optimized game.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4508 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt FatPants View Post

Thanks Vladislavs, yes i got mine from OCUK, i'm running sli GTX 970's and only tested Pcars and Farcry4 upto now, and they are ripping through the task of running those games at 3440x1440, more then happy.
Mine comes tomorrow can't wait!!
post #4509 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7akata View Post

Input lag on your 34 LG? Maybe I'm crazy or just don't see these things, but I've never noticed any on mine.

If I switch on Vsync on my LG and lock it to 60FPS, I get terrible input lag. Try GTA V as it lets you switch from one monitor to the next. The cursor will feel like it's in treacle compared to the Acer.
post #4510 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchus View Post

If I switch on Vsync on my LG and lock it to 60FPS, I get terrible input lag. Try GTA V as it lets you switch from one monitor to the next. The cursor will feel like it's in treacle compared to the Acer.

Ok, thanks! I actually have always been playing with Vsync off, but have just recently noticed tearing w/ MGSV cutscenes, so I've been watching this thread like a hawk.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync