Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 470

post #4691 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallendreams View Post

Just curios. Has anyone seen the G-Sync version on amazon ?

 

Yes, but only in Europe so far. No stock/listing on amazon.com that I know of.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladislavs View Post


question to all: I seems like cant log in to battle net on my x34 for some weird reason, it just not letting me even to open a game like starcraft, any ideas do i need a new driver for a monitor or something like that?

 

I highly doubt this is related to the monitor at all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawmonster View Post

Starting to think we're gonna have a panel lottery with these. If so, expect them to be hard to get. People will buy them, and if they don't hit 100 hz, then they will swap them out. So stock will be really low. I'm hoping Acer will issue a firmware upgrade or something that will get us all to 100 hz stable. Panel lottery sucks.

 

Actually panel lottery is looking quite good so far from what I have seen, at least compared to other "problematic" monitors like the ROG Swift or XB270HU.

 

The issue with not hitting 100 Hz is a panel issue most likely and I doubt any firmware update will ever fix it, 100 Hz is also almost the limit of the DP 1.2 bandwith with g-sync included (I believe the limit is 109Hz?). If you get a panel that flickers at 100 Hz and not at 95 then you have a 95% chance of the issue being the panel/module itself, I'm leaving a 5% chance it is not just in case. That's my opinion after everything I've read at least.

post #4692 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey the Bear View Post

Got mine yesterday from NCIX. This monitor is a lot bigger than I expected, for whatever reason. The UPS guy was really excited when I went to pick it up and he broke the handle off my box. Not a big deal, but the excitement over there was cool. Shipping also took less than a day from BC to NB but it got stuck on the weekend.

When I first turned it on, I noticed BLB on the top corners, and IPS glow in the bottom corners, with the left side clearly being purplish, and the right being yellowish. I cranked the heat in my room and left for an hour. After which I could only see some BLB on the top left corner, and some IPS glow in the bottom right - neither of which are a problem when doing anything outside of really dark games. The top right corner has a tiny amount of blb left as well, but its a non issue. Today I am noticing it all even less. Even dark games work quite fine (Sorry for the quality, but it was to show a dark game):




Another Happy NCIX Customer! High five bud.. enjoy it!
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
post #4693 of 6126
NCIX wants like $1,700 for it... hmmm thinking.gif
Haswell-E
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5960X ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX TITAN X SLI Corsair Veneance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 400GB Samsung 850 Evo Pro 1TB EK EVO WaterBlock / EK Titan X WaterBlock / XSP... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer x34 GSYNC 100hz ASUS PG278Q 1440p 144hz Corsair Strafe  EVGA 850 WATT 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D  Razer DeathAdder Chroma  
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell-E
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5960X ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX TITAN X SLI Corsair Veneance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 400GB Samsung 850 Evo Pro 1TB EK EVO WaterBlock / EK Titan X WaterBlock / XSP... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer x34 GSYNC 100hz ASUS PG278Q 1440p 144hz Corsair Strafe  EVGA 850 WATT 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D  Razer DeathAdder Chroma  
  hide details  
Reply
post #4694 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post

Planning on getting this monitor (X34 - Gsync) soon. Can I know the serial numbers of the units with the V1 firmware that have the banding so I can avoid that batch of units and go for the new one?

Or is there a place to download this firmware and do it ourselves?

You can't buy a panel with V1 firmware, they were only sold in Germany for a short amount of time.
post #4695 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobydooby11 View Post

Another Happy NCIX Customer! High five bud.. enjoy it!

Thanks man, likewise! Definitely glad I went with them, they were fast to get it out. cheers.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallendreams View Post

NCIX wants like $1,700 for it... hmmm thinking.gif

Pretty sure they only have one left to order for anyone on the fence.
Edited by Smokey the Bear - 10/27/15 at 3:07pm
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4696 of 6126
Quality control issues aside, I'm so happy to see satisfied buyers. Hopefully the next big batch that shows up around the time the PQ348 is released fixes any lingering issues. TBH, the predator has a much nicer look to it than the 348Q, but either way these monitors should last until DP1.3 drops.
post #4697 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeerK View Post

Quality control issues aside, I'm so happy to see satisfied buyers. Hopefully the next big batch that shows up around the time the PQ348 is released fixes any lingering issues. TBH, the predator has a much nicer look to it than the 348Q, but either way these monitors should last until DP1.3 drops.

The only thing I don't like is the Predator logo on it, to my eye it looks cheap. I have mine on an arm. I like the basic look.
post #4698 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosko View Post

The only thing I don't like is the Predator logo on it, to my eye it looks cheap. I have mine on an arm. I like the basic look.

I agree, I'd much rather have no logo and a uniform finish. It's one thing to have flashy design on a case, but I prefer a minimalist look for a monitor so it doesn't distract from what I'm looking at. Have you tried removing the logo?
post #4699 of 6126
So has anyone mounted this beast yet? I just installed a ergotech arm and the bottom screws do not go in flush. They have about 1/3 of the screw body exposed. The top 2 screw in flush, same spacers, same size screws.

It holds, but im nervous as hell
Gaming Rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.4 Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 7950 X 2 @ 1175/1600 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DrivePower
256GB PLEXTOR SSD 2 x 1TB WD STORAGE Seasonic gold 1050 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.4 Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 7950 X 2 @ 1175/1600 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DrivePower
256GB PLEXTOR SSD 2 x 1TB WD STORAGE Seasonic gold 1050 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4700 of 6126
I'll be mounting mine later tonight.. will post more pics when I get it up.

Hyuh hyuh.. get it up XD
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync