Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 477

post #4761 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey the Bear View Post

I might give 70hz+ gsync a whirl later on, I wonder if at some point the lines actually go away. In either case, on my dead/dying Swift the lines were bad like yours and all over the screen.
The funny thing is that the lines exist independently of the refresh. It is connected only to the activation of the OC mode.

So with OC off and g-sync on at 60hz, there is no problem at all.

But with OC on and g-sync on at the same 60hz, there is a problem. The problem remains and does not appear to change in intensity all the way to 100hz.
I thought for a while that the problem did vary with refresh but then I realised I was comparing OC/100/g-sync with non-OC/60/g-sync, and the issue was the OC, not the refresh rate.

And with OC on but g-sync off, there is no problem from 60-100hz.
Quote:
Are you using GSYNC in fullscreen only, or windowed? I wonder if windowed is causing any issues.

Used it in both. Problem exists in both. With windowed mode it is really interesting. It only appears when the game window is the active window. When that happens the whole screen, game window, desktop, task bar, they all get the lines. But as soon as I click out of the game window into chrome, or the nvcp, the problem instantly disappears from everywhere.
post #4762 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcbuild View Post

i had LG 34UM65 and now a Samsung 27 inch ips and did not have any BLB i don't understand how this monitor can have some, bad panel, bad hardware, the little curve factor, firmwire to fix? I start considering that asus i don't know about buying something that pricey and already looking to fix it the 1 day.

It can have BLB due large in part to the curvature of the screen. Others may not have as much, but that could be due to the bezel that this monitor uses.

Bad panel? I have zero defect on the panel.. no weird strobing, banding, dead pixels.. nothing. Its a very nice panel.
Bad hardware? How do you figure?

If anything Acer just rushed it out the door to meet its orders but needed to hold back for another couple weeks to implement the v2 firmware. Now that they have most of the main issues that people are having are no longer.

Also, the BLB isn't even that bad.. in my case its visible, but most of the time its not even noticable.
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
post #4763 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobydooby11 View Post

I had to use spacers on the bottom since,as you mention, the bottom screws only go in so far and then you don't want to tighten further.

Top ones go all the way.. strange. In any event, throw on some spacers/washers on the bottom two and its all good. Had to tighten my arm joints a fair bit to keep this display stable.

I couldn't help but laugh when I got it up.. its so epic.


That's strange.. I had no issue with this. Have you tried a different cable just to see if that has anything to do with it? May be a card thing/driver thing as well?

Hey what monitor mount are you using?
post #4764 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobydooby11 View Post

It can have BLB due large in part to the curvature of the screen. Others may not have as much, but that could be due to the bezel that this monitor uses.

Bad panel? I have zero defect on the panel.. no weird strobing, banding, dead pixels.. nothing. Its a very nice panel.
Bad hardware? How do you figure?

If anything Acer just rushed it out the door to meet its orders but needed to hold back for another couple weeks to implement the v2 firmware. Now that they have most of the main issues that people are having are no longer.

Also, the BLB isn't even that bad.. in my case its visible, but most of the time its not even noticable.

Do you notice a pattern when you see it (windows starting or w/e) do you see it when listening movie/gaming?
post #4765 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzone View Post

Hey what monitor mount are you using?

$30 el cheapo mount-it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcbuild View Post

Do you notice a pattern when you see it (windows starting or w/e) do you see it when listening movie/gaming?

Pattern? its slightly brighter along the edge in the top left and bottom left corners. Its actually gotten better since I've used it, but if it really gets annoying to me I'll just take the hairdryer to it.

Sure you can see it when it is a dark background.. it is visible, but certainly not bad enough to call it a bad panel.
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
post #4766 of 6126
Is there any way to 100% verify a monitor is running at 100Hz as opposed to 95Hz or whatever it says... other than the monitor simply telling you it is? All this overclocking trickery has me wondering.
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4767 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobydooby11 View Post

$30 el cheapo mount-it
Pattern? its slightly brighter along the edge in the top left and bottom left corners. Its actually gotten better since I've used it, but if it really gets annoying to me I'll just take the hairdryer to it.

Sure you can see it when it is a dark background.. it is visible, but certainly not bad enough to call it a bad panel.

Ok thanks for info im just trying to figure out how does that affect the image, most of the people doesn't seems to be bother by that sure the awesome feature the panel have can make you forget those little thing i was just worry on how bad it could affect movie/series.
post #4768 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoobandit View Post

The funny thing is that the lines exist independently of the refresh. It is connected only to the activation of the OC mode.

So with OC off and g-sync on at 60hz, there is no problem at all.

But with OC on and g-sync on at the same 60hz, there is a problem. The problem remains and does not appear to change in intensity all the way to 100hz.
I thought for a while that the problem did vary with refresh but then I realised I was comparing OC/100/g-sync with non-OC/60/g-sync, and the issue was the OC, not the refresh rate.

And with OC on but g-sync off, there is no problem from 60-100hz.
Used it in both. Problem exists in both. With windowed mode it is really interesting. It only appears when the game window is the active window. When that happens the whole screen, game window, desktop, task bar, they all get the lines. But as soon as I click out of the game window into chrome, or the nvcp, the problem instantly disappears from everywhere.

I wonder how common this issue is. I put my eyes against my screen and looked on light grey surfaces, and was actually able to spot more of these lines all over my monitor, but they are essentially invisible at arm's length. Even an inch away I was struggling to find them and when I'd notice them I'd just as quickly lose sight of them. Maybe it's inherent to these GYSNC modules while OCed, but varies in intensity. I am contemplating an RMA myself now but am not sure of how Acer is and if they'll just send me the same monitor back or if all the monitors will have this issue and that mine is minor/worth holding on to. I think sending it to NCIX is out of the question.

Have you tried GSYNC on/60hz with OC mode enabled? or 65Hz?
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4769 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

Is there any way to 100% verify a monitor is running at 100Hz as opposed to 95Hz or whatever it says... other than the monitor simply telling you it is? All this overclocking trickery has me wondering.

if you're suspect of the built-in framerate display, just use Fraps.
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
post #4770 of 6126
Ok I set my Brightness to 80 last night and went to bed. Today I woke the monitor from sleep via waking my pc up and sure enough fullscreen lit up as it should be. So based on all the other ppl who have also tested and confirmed that the half black screen issue is related to the brightness setting being at or above 80 is True.

I'm thinking that this issue could be remedied with a new firmware update. The only problem I have with that is I do not want to pay for shipping and I do not want to be out of a monitor for a week or longer just to have to have my monitor flashed with a new firmware by Acer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync