Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 481

post #4801 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMan697 View Post

I can confirm that I am able to get 95 Hz with the GTX 670

on desktop or in-gaming fullscreen ?
single 670 or sli ?
G-sync on or off ?
which drivers releases ?

thanks
post #4802 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethorMorgan View Post

on desktop or in-gaming fullscreen ?
single 670 or sli ?
G-sync on or off ?
which drivers releases ?

thanks

Desktop and in-game (Only tried full screen)
SLI
G sync On
Driver 358.59

EDIT: I don't have the reference 670. I have the Asus GTX670-DC2 TOP. But it shouldn't matter.
Edited by TheMadMan697 - 10/29/15 at 5:17am
post #4803 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMan697 View Post

Desktop and in-game (Only tried full screen)
SLI
G sync On
Driver 358.59

good, seems you have same config as me

I can get 95hz on desktop but all my games with 358.59, SLI and Gsync on were capped at 5 FPS

can you tell me which games did you tried those drivers on ?

thanks for support



p.s.
for me, only way to get good FPS in SLI with Gsync on was to use drivers 337.50 - but then only 60hz and missing recent game profiles
post #4804 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethorMorgan View Post

good, seems you have same config as me

I can get 95hz on desktop but all my games with 358.59, SLI and Gsync on were capped at 5 FPS

can you tell me which games did you tried those drivers on ?

thanks for support



p.s.
for me, only way to get good FPS in SLI with Gsync on was to use drivers 337.50 - but then only 60hz and missing recent game profiles

Very Strange I didn't have any issues with frame rate like that.

Been playing GTA V and Dirt Rally with no problems. Project cars causes my computer to blue screen, someone else had this issue with far cry 4 and the driver bug fix sorted it, but not for me. Is there any games you would like me to test?
post #4805 of 6126
I don't think I've been so impatient about a package in a long time biggrin.gif so hyped
Verktøy Cu
(20 items)
 
XForma MBX MKII
(18 items)
 
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2670 V4 Intel Xeon E5-2670 V4 Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Nvidia Titan X 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X 128GB of Kingston DDR4 ECC 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB U.2 Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Water Blocks Windows 10 Pro Dell UP2715K Cherry MX 6.0 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1500i Case Labs S8 Logitech MX Master Pioneer SE-L40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Nvidia Titan X Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB 2400Mhz (2) Intel 530 180GB (2) HGST 4TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Blu-Ray Slot Load EK Water Blocks Liquid Cooling Windows 8.1 Dell UP2715K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky OCN Blues Seasonic 1200W Platinum XForma MBX MKII TBD 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence One (2) Mackie MR5MK2 
  hide details  
Reply
Verktøy Cu
(20 items)
 
XForma MBX MKII
(18 items)
 
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2670 V4 Intel Xeon E5-2670 V4 Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Nvidia Titan X 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X 128GB of Kingston DDR4 ECC 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB U.2 Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC Intel 750 NVME 1.2TB AIC 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Water Blocks Windows 10 Pro Dell UP2715K Cherry MX 6.0 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1500i Case Labs S8 Logitech MX Master Pioneer SE-L40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme Nvidia Titan X Nvidia Titan X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Nvidia Titan X Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB 2400Mhz (2) Intel 530 180GB (2) HGST 4TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Blu-Ray Slot Load EK Water Blocks Liquid Cooling Windows 8.1 Dell UP2715K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky OCN Blues Seasonic 1200W Platinum XForma MBX MKII TBD 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence One (2) Mackie MR5MK2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4806 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

I love mine and so far haven't had any serious issues with it. I guess I just was one of the lucky lotto winners or we are only hearing from the ones who are having problems the ones who aren't are probably spending their time gaming instead of posting on a forum. The only reason I'm still around is I'm waiting to see how Acer plans to address the half black screen wake up.

Btw the Asus is going to be the same panel and gsync chip so other than some minor issues that can be fixed with firmware I don't see them doing anything different with theirs other than the exterior build, name and maybe a different OSD format.

The only reason I went with the Acer is because it was available now not 6 months from now. If the tables were turned I would have bought the Asus cuz the name doesn't really matter to me just the level of product performance.

I think the only possible advantage to buying the Asus next year is that it might be cheaper by then but again thats next year. Personally I'd rather pay a little bit more to have it now not next year. If it was due out like two months from now that would be a different story.

Before claiming out of any doubt the specs will be 100% identical, I'll wait for an official Asus statement.

Too many people speculate before the companies even release their products it's astounding. That exact X34 is the best example. A lot of people concluded it would be a 75hz panel (even for the GSYNC version) and went the swift or xb route before getting any confirmation from Acer. Not sure they are so happy with their reasoning now.

If it's the same panel then fine, we might have the same IPS glow and identical characteristics. But maybe the BLB won't be as bad as the panel will be mounted differently and that alone would justify going with Asus for me.

As a consumer I like to have choices. I might settle for the Predator but not before I carefully compare it with its rival.
Edited by Merranza - 10/29/15 at 5:54am
post #4807 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

I love mine and so far haven't had any serious issues with it. I guess I just was one of the lucky lotto winners or we are only hearing from the ones who are having problems the ones who aren't are probably spending their time gaming instead of posting on a forum. The only reason I'm still around is I'm waiting to see how Acer plans to address the half black screen wake up.

Btw the Asus is going to be the same panel and gsync chip so other than some minor issues that can be fixed with firmware I don't see them doing anything different with theirs other than the exterior build, name and maybe a different OSD format.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merranza View Post

Before claiming out of any doubt the specs will be 100% identical, I'll wait for an official Asus statement.

Too many people speculate before the companies even release their products it's astounding. That exact X34 is the best example. A lot of people concluded it would be a 75hz panel (even for the GSYNC version) and went the swift or xb route before getting any confirmation from Acer. Not sure they are so happy with their reasoning now.

If it's the same panel then fine, we might have the same IPS glow and identical characteristics. But maybe the BLB won't be as bad as the panel will be mounted differently and that alone would justify going with Asus for me.

As a consumer I like to have choices. I might settle for the Predator but not before I carefully compare it with its rival.

This isn't speculation. Clearly you have not done your homework. The current planned Asus model are the same specs. Google search is your friend, just say'n. The only way it wouldn't be is if they scrapped their current designed model but I doubt they would do that since they are already behind several months against the Acer model. As far as BLB & IPS glow (which mind you are two entirely different things) Asus has proven in the past to be plagued with the same QC issues as Acer. Using an IPS panel you are guaranteed IPS glow but it will very on intensity from display to display. As far as BLB that is literally playing the lottery game which you can fix by either the hair dryer method or just getting a few rma's. As far as the refresh rate the default may be 60hz but it does overclock to 100hz. If Asus releases theirs set at 100hz and advertises that its a 100hz refresh rate monitor they are simply implementing the overclock as a factory default which is the same difference. If you are hoping that Asus might be a higher refresh rate it won't be due to the bandwidth limitations of DP 1.2 at the 3440x1440 resolution.

But plz don't take my word for it, as I said google search is your friend smile.gif

Btw wanna know what's also astounding? Ignorance...
Edited by heyguyslol - 10/29/15 at 7:28am
post #4808 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMan697 View Post

Very Strange I didn't have any issues with frame rate like that.

Been playing GTA V and Dirt Rally with no problems. Project cars causes my computer to blue screen, someone else had this issue with far cry 4 and the driver bug fix sorted it, but not for me. Is there any games you would like me to test?

if you can pls try Witcher 3
plus any old game (3+ year) you have installed

thanks

I'll do more testing later today and tonite
post #4809 of 6126
Finally i can place an order for X34.

I was sure we are looking for X34 UM.CX1EE.006 - g-sync version, right?
However seller just inform that they have UM.CX1EE.A01.

Can anybody confirm whats that version?

Looks that A01 is without Anti Glare Coating and some minor changes in angles?

006
Colour Support 1.07 billion colours
Response Time 4 ms
Horizontal Viewing Angle 178
Vertical Viewing Angle 178
Screen Coating Anti-glare

A01
Colour Support 16.7 million colours
Response Time 4 ms
Horizontal Viewing Angle 172
Vertical Viewing Angle 178

X34 UM.CX1EE.006
https://www.digital.gi/products/Monitors/27-and-Larger/Acer/UM.CX1EE.006-Acer-Predator-X34-LED-monitor-34-?prodid=599768&info=1
http://icecat.co.uk/prefere/7/p/acer/umcx1eea01/non-class-UM.CX1EE.A01+34+Acer+Preditor+XR341CKAbmiphz+CURVED+IPS+Nvidia+G-27147716.html
UM.CX1EE.A01.
http://www.digital.gi/products/Acer/UM.CX1EE.A01-UM-CX1EE-A01-34-Acer-Preditor-XR341CKAbmiphz-CURV?searchtrack=ProductList&nocat&prodid=588244&info=1
http://icecat.co.uk/prefere/7/p/acer/um.cx1ee.006/crans-plats-de-pc-4713392114700-Predator+X34-27320842.html

Is it older batch, pre production or sth? Worth to pick or not?
Edited by rauf0 - 10/29/15 at 7:59am
My Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS Rampage V 2xEVGA TItan X Kingston HyperX 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 15-15-15-35 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD + HDD EKWB custom loop Win X 64 bit 3x ASUS ROG SWIFT 27" 2560x1440 TN 144Hz 1ms G-... 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 G-sync 34" 3440x1440 IPS 100H... Leadex Super Flower 1600W Titanium CoolerMaster HAF-X changing to IN WIN 909 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS Rampage V 2xEVGA TItan X Kingston HyperX 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 15-15-15-35 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SSD + HDD EKWB custom loop Win X 64 bit 3x ASUS ROG SWIFT 27" 2560x1440 TN 144Hz 1ms G-... 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 G-sync 34" 3440x1440 IPS 100H... Leadex Super Flower 1600W Titanium CoolerMaster HAF-X changing to IN WIN 909 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4810 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rauf0 View Post

Finally i can place an order for X34.

I was sure we are looking for X34 UM.CX1EE.006 - g-sync version, right?
However seller just inform that they have UM.CX1EE.A01.

Can anybody confirm whats that version?

Looks that A01 is without Anti Glare Coating and some minor changes in angles?

006
Colour Support 1.07 billion colours
Response Time 4 ms
Horizontal Viewing Angle 178
Vertical Viewing Angle 178
Screen Coating Anti-glare

A01
Colour Support 16.7 million colours
Response Time 4 ms
Horizontal Viewing Angle 172
Vertical Viewing Angle 178

X34 UM.CX1EE.006
https://www.digital.gi/products/Monitors/27-and-Larger/Acer/UM.CX1EE.006-Acer-Predator-X34-LED-monitor-34-?prodid=599768&info=1
http://icecat.co.uk/prefere/7/p/acer/umcx1eea01/non-class-UM.CX1EE.A01+34+Acer+Preditor+XR341CKAbmiphz+CURVED+IPS+Nvidia+G-27147716.html
UM.CX1EE.A01.
http://www.digital.gi/products/Acer/UM.CX1EE.A01-UM-CX1EE-A01-34-Acer-Preditor-XR341CKAbmiphz-CURV?searchtrack=ProductList&nocat&prodid=588244&info=1
http://icecat.co.uk/prefere/7/p/acer/um.cx1ee.006/crans-plats-de-pc-4713392114700-Predator+X34-27320842.html

Is it older batch, pre production or sth? Worth to pick or not?

Since nobody's replied yet, the difference between the two is that the X34 UM.CX1EE.006 supports only G-sync and the Acer XR341CK UM.CX1EE.A01 supports only AdaptiveSync. The former released more recently than the latter. Be careful to order whatever matches your GPU.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync