Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 488

post #4871 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiaksl View Post

Does gaming at a slightly lower resolution of 3440x1400 really impact video cards that much more. Since I've tried, the fans on my video card now kick up an awful noise on comparison.

Based on my experience I would say no. I had the Acer XB270HU prior to my x34. While using the Acer XB270HU when playing games like Witcher 3 & Shadow of Mordor I would get an average of 85 fps running at 2560x1440. I'm running 2x EVGA Hybrid 980Ti's in SLI btw. When I switched over to the x34 I thought that because the resolution increased to 3440x1440 that my frame rate would drop but it did not. I still average 85fps in both games. As far as my FPS games I usually stay capped at 100fps which is due to the refresh rate limitations of the x34. When I ran FPS games on the Acer XB270HU I usually hovered around 120-144 fps. I would imagine that if the x34 was able to do 144hz my fps in those FPS games would probably also be about the same. As far as Temps and load they are also running the same as when I was using the Acer XB270HU.

Honestly it doesn't make much sense to me because 3440 vs 2560 is more screen real estate to have to render which you would think would degrade performance but I'm just not seeing it which means if it's there its very very small.
Edited by heyguyslol - 10/30/15 at 7:56pm
post #4872 of 6126
about to start the color correction on mine that i just received today and wondering where i can find the TFT central settings for RGB please?

do i need to change anything in nvidia control panel to make sure gsync is enabled?
Too much overkill
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x @4.6  Rampage V Extreme EVGA Titan x SC x2 GSKILL Ripjaws 32gb @2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 840 pro raid 0 / 128gb crucial / 4tb WD storage None EK blocks / 4x monsta 480 rads / NB-ELOOP pwm f... Windows 10 pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung UD590 Razer Chroma Corsair AX1200i Case Labs TH10 
MouseAudio
Razer Chroma Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Too much overkill
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x @4.6  Rampage V Extreme EVGA Titan x SC x2 GSKILL Ripjaws 32gb @2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 840 pro raid 0 / 128gb crucial / 4tb WD storage None EK blocks / 4x monsta 480 rads / NB-ELOOP pwm f... Windows 10 pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung UD590 Razer Chroma Corsair AX1200i Case Labs TH10 
MouseAudio
Razer Chroma Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4873 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkdev View Post

about to start the color correction on mine that i just received today and wondering where i can find the TFT central settings for RGB please?

do i need to change anything in nvidia control panel to make sure gsync is enabled?

here you go.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

instructions are on that link.
post #4874 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

Based on my experience I would say no. I had the Acer XB270HU prior to my x34. While using the Acer XB270HU when playing games like Witcher 3 & Shadow of Mordor I would get an average of 85 fps running at 2560x1440. I'm running 2x EVGA Hybrid 980Ti's in SLI btw. When I switched over to the x34 I thought that because the resolution increased to 3440x1440 that my frame rate would drop but it did not. I still average 85fps in both games. As far as my FPS games I usually stay capped at 100fps which is due to the refresh rate limitations of the x34. When I ran FPS games on the Acer XB270HU I usually hovered around 120-144 fps. I would imagine that if the x34 was able to do 144hz my fps in those FPS games would probably also be about the same. As far as Temps and load they are also running the same as when I was using the Acer XB270HU.

Honestly it doesn't make much sense to me because 3440 vs 2560 is more screen real estate to have to render which you would think would degrade performance but I'm just not seeing it which means if it's there its very very small.

Yea very little difference between 2560x1440 (100-144hz) and 3340x1440 100hz. You may lose 2-3 fps, I couldn't even notice.

Oh and I started using 50% brightness instead of 80% and its not getting the back light sleep thing. I was using 28-30 before and I guess that's just too low..
post #4875 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfordcobra View Post

Yea very little difference between 2560x1440 (100-144hz) and 3340x1440 100hz. You may lose 2-3 fps, I couldn't even notice.

Oh and I started using 50% brightness instead of 80% and its not getting the back light sleep thing. I was using 28-30 before and I guess that's just too low..

I just tested mine at 50% Brightness and it also passed with no back light issues. I do want them to fix this because I want to run mine at 30% because I can still see some IPS glow at 50 and since I play in a fairly dark room 50% is still a bit to bright for me.
post #4876 of 6126
Can someone help to measure the stand, feel like its too big for my desk. Thx

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01
post #4877 of 6126
Saw this at local Frys today (Freesync version) and it looked impressive. I thought the stand was thin compared to the size of the screen in pictures up on the web and not the case at all. You can totally tell its a LG screen because how the colors pop and color density.
Edited by Searchofsub - 10/31/15 at 4:32am
post #4878 of 6126
What FOV for FPS games at this size and resolution? Still 80 to 90 the usual, or does that change with 21:9? Just curious. biggrin.gif
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4879 of 6126
I definitely think the X34 benefits from a monitor arm for mounting... from the photos I've seen that stand just looks too big and takes up too much space on the desk unnecessarily. The 'floating' appearance you get with a monitor arm really suits it.
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4880 of 6126
So I'm trying to figure out an issue I'm noticing in a couple games...

Let me know what you think...

The first shot is a picture from my phone taken of DayZ running in real time, notice the horizontal lines.



The second shot is a picture from my phone taken of the screenshot of that exact frame - I tried to line things up to match as close as possible.



Sorry the first shot isn't as in focus as the 2nd, but it gets the point across. So far I've only noticed this in DayZ and Fishing Planet. Going to play around to see if it is a refresh rate issue or maybe G-Sync related. But why would I see it in those games but not others?

Full size pictures:
#1
WP_20151031_001.jpg 1760k .jpg file
#2
WP_20151031_003.jpg 2215k .jpg file

Edit: Looks like this isn't new, https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/3q49xb/my_experience_with_the_x34/ & http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/Predator-X34-OC-amp-GSYNC-Scanline-problem/td-p/393009 - will have to keep reading up on it...

Edit 2: LOL right in this thread already, of course. http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/4750#post_24551122
Edited by drfish - 10/31/15 at 5:25am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync