Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 493

post #4921 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatlesschimp View Post

Correct it was at Pax. I was lucky to make some new friends at an after party there and got a private play before Pax started yesterday. I was there as media all week end. Highlight for me was the Playstion VR / Morpheus. Both demo's were awesome. Best VR experience I've had to date! I loved chatting to the Indie developers, they are so passionate!

I don't follow consoles much but decided to google the Playstion VR / Morpheus and I have to say watching the vid and seeing the spec's is impressive to say the least, OLED & 120hz refresh rate very nice smile.gif I may consider this at a later time after more ppl have reviewed it. Thanks for sharing.
post #4922 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

Congratz you have just been blocked. Go troll someone else and have a good day sir.
hahaha you mad cause he called you out, sounds like you did't know what you where talking about.
post #4923 of 6126
We were supposed to miss out at Pax because we have an exclusive later this month with them. At the last minute they squeezed us in for a taster lol. We have a ton of video and photos it's all getting edited at the moment. I'm taking an easy day today I'm melted from the 4 days of running up and down the exhibition centre and all over Melbourne.

Playstation VR is awesome! No motion blur, no latency issues, fluid animations, great colour, comfortable, no screen door issues, ability to stand and game and never feel like you will fall, I was concerned about the Move controller's being laggy but they were not. Everything was so natural! No kids will want a led Led TV in their bedroom they will want this headset!
I can't wait to see these Playstation VR headsets in stores soon. Also I like the fact this headset will be the same throughout the PS4 life. No new models to disrupt the Sony and Development echo system.

No wonder the Predator is sold out in Oz. Just about every booth had one in operation. Everyone loved Ultrawide at Pax.
post #4924 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

I don't follow consoles much but decided to google the Playstion VR / Morpheus and I have to say watching the vid and seeing the spec's is impressive to say the least, OLED & 120hz refresh rate very nice smile.gif I may consider this at a later time after more ppl have reviewed it. Thanks for sharing.
See post above. I forgot to quote you. I'm hungover and on my phone and can't be bothered editing it.

It has 18ms of of latency which is very decent. We have a bunch of pictures and video of the cables and connections that we will go through later. I really am amazed what they have done with the PS4. Just some more news the HTC Vive has one more big trick up its sleeve to come!

For me plug and play of the Playstation VR is an easy win. Future gamers will be healthy fit gamers that will still lack vitamin D intake lol.


Edited by hatlesschimp - 11/1/15 at 4:30pm
post #4925 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackforce View Post

hahaha you mad cause he called you out, sounds like you did't know what you where talking about.

I asked two questions to another member and he jumped in with his troll and subjective remarks. At no time did I quote him and ask him the two questions posed. That is why he is blocked and if I had the knowledge I wouldn't have asked in the first place. Furthermore this isn't about being mad but I see no point in seeing posts from someone who isn't going to contribute in a constructive and positive way.
Edited by heyguyslol - 11/1/15 at 4:57pm
post #4926 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatlesschimp View Post

See post above. I forgot to quote you. I'm hungover and on my phone and can't be bothered editing it.

It has 18ms of of latency which is very decent. We have a bunch of pictures and video of the cables and connections that we will go through later. I really am amazed what they have done with the PS4. Just some more news the HTC Vive has one more big trick up its sleeve to come!

For me plug and play of the Playstation VR is an easy win. Future gamers will be healthy fit gamers that will still lack vitamin D intake lol.


This is awesome. I look forward to seeing your pics and vids. +REP
post #4927 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey the Bear View Post

Doesn't solve anything. Smoobandit tried this earlier in the thread and both images I showed earlier were taken with GSYNC in fullscreen.
Thanks for sharing. I'm really glad that word is spreading on this issue.

Funny enough, the guy in the first video only sees it on the left side of the screen like myself. Certain games/situations show it everywhere.
I'm certain it exists on all x34's and some people simply don't notice it. I pray there's something wrong in the latest hotfix drivers, but that's wishful thinking. It's most definitely related to the GSYNC module running outside of it's own specs. I wouldn't have noticed it initially had I not been looking for pixel inversion. On my screen, it's strong on the left side while nearly non-existent elsewhere. It's better you don't go looking for it though... Once you see it, it cannot be unseen.

Thanks for the information. The person who uploaded those videos to youtube has made a more elaborate post on the ACER forums: http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434/page/21

According to PCper, the pixel inversion (or alternating bright and dark vertical lines problem or TCON artifacts) is supposed to be related to TN panels only. Source. Which is to say that the horizontal persistent lines with the X34 may have a different cause.

So, I happily ordered this monitor thinking the LG IPS panel is not going to have an image quality issue. Alas, this G-sync issue rears its head. I'll take a close look, taking pictures with a good camera, when I get my monitor on friday. Quite unacceptable for this monitor to have an IQ issue; I can easily forgive and overlook the firmware quirks. If your supposition that all X34 monitors suffer from this issue (but go undetected by their owners) is true, it is then also unacceptable that TFT central didn't detect it. But I do hope that it is not an issue endemic to all units so that you can get a good replacement and I can get one without issues.
Edited by Mountainlifter - 11/1/15 at 5:13pm
post #4928 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyguyslol View Post

This is awesome. I look forward to seeing your pics and vids. +REP
I'll probably share it all over on the Playstation thread. http://www.overclock.net/t/1434191/official-playstation-4-thread/7060#post_24563067
post #4929 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackforce View Post

hahaha you mad cause he called you out, sounds like you did't know what you where talking about.

HA! I hate to break the bad news to you , but I don't really care. Super smooth game play on my sims is all I care about. And I never said the monitor was capable of those 110fps , but my new card is , which is awesome to have a card with some major overhead compared to my monitor! I was working my 7970's to death trying to run this thing , and with my sims maxxed out. Not any more , so go piss in someone else' cheerios bruh!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K Asus Sabertooth Z77 Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X  16GB Corsair Vegenance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
2 X 1TB Cav black  1 X samsung 830 120GB Win 7 X64 pro Acer XR34CK FreeSync version 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logiteck wireless K800 Seasonic Platium 1000W PSU CM Storm Trooper Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K Asus Sabertooth Z77 Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X  16GB Corsair Vegenance 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
2 X 1TB Cav black  1 X samsung 830 120GB Win 7 X64 pro Acer XR34CK FreeSync version 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logiteck wireless K800 Seasonic Platium 1000W PSU CM Storm Trooper Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4930 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post

Thanks for the information. The person who uploaded those videos to youtube has made a more elaborate post on the ACER forums: http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434/page/21

According to PCper, the pixel inversion (or alternating bright and dark vertical lines problem or TCON artifacts) is supposed to be related to TN panels only. Source. Which is to say that the horizontal persistent lines with the X34 may have a different cause.

So, I happily ordered this monitor thinking the LG IPS panel is not going to have an image quality issue. Alas, this G-sync issue rears its head. I'll take a close look, taking pictures with a good camera, when I get my monitor on friday. Quite unacceptable for this monitor to have an IQ issue; I can easily forgive and overlook the firmware quirks. If your supposition that all X34 monitors suffer from this issue (but go undetected by their owners) is true, it is then also unacceptable that TFT central didn't detect it. But I do hope that it is not an issue endemic to all units so that you can get a good replacement and I can get one without issues.

Acer are sending us one for testing. However over the last few days at Pax I tried the monitor on every pc configuration imaginable with different games. There was good experience's and bad! Its hard to gauge what the cause was because hardware and driver info were hard to come by. Certain companies had reasons not to share what was in the case! Others had sli 980ti's etc. When I say bad experience I mean it felt like I was gaming at 60hz with GSync off with some screen tearing and motion blur. Basically what you get with my LG 34uc97 when I use sli. Its not a deal breaker on that it's the price you paid for the GSync and 100hz smoothness that is not there! In right conditions this monitor is the best ever. Hope this makes sense.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync