Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 497

post #4961 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfish View Post

I didn't have any part of the OSD on during that recording. I don't have Deep Sleep enabled.

I was thinking about power cleaness as well but the other guy said he took his monitor across town to a friend's place and had the same problem. Maybe I'll buy something like this and see if that helps? My surge protector is due to be replaced anyway.

It was weird, while I was recording that video I swear that sometimes the effect went away completely even with G-Sync on, it was so hard to tell for sure. Other times I thought I saw it when G-Sync was off, my poor eyes. tongue.gif

well, if he used the same adapter at a friend's house, that would replicate the issue again. Fragmachine (who only posted on the ACER forums) said that he had his monitor replaced and still had the issue. Now, I don't know if he returned the entire thing and got a new unit from a retailer. But if he just got a replacement from ACER, it is likely they would have asked him to keep the adapter and only return the panel. It's just speculation. Power adapters have come a long way since the days of needing different ones for 110V or 220V, but it won't surprise me today if they are unshielded and of poor quality for the sake of cost-cutting. Nor would I be surprised if the G-sync module is not shielded properly and capactive and inductive noises leak into the LCD functioning. All more complicated by the fact that some adapters are two pronged and not three.

EDIT: Funny how the horizontal lines are similar to the lines we could get on a CRT TV if the antenna was getting a noisy reception. We're now in the age of G-sync and digital serial comms with DP, yet it feels like we have come full circle (loosely speaking).
Edited by Mountainlifter - 11/3/15 at 4:22am
post #4962 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipeldiablo View Post

Still not available in france, going for the lg version without gsync :/ gonna resell it once issues will be fixed and screen available

It's occasionally available on amazon.fr The amazon stock seems to be international en fact...

Bought mine on amazon.fr for 1200€
post #4963 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clad120 View Post

It's occasionally available on amazon.fr The amazon stock seems to be international en fact...

Bought mine on amazon.fr for 1200€

it ships internationally you mean?
post #4964 of 6126
What I mean is that when amazon.fr tells you it has some in stock, all other European amazon website seems to have some in stock too.

and I am pretty sure they share in fact, the same stock for all of the European branch.
post #4965 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post

well, if he used the same adapter at a friend's house, that would replicate the issue again. Fragmachine (who only posted on the ACER forums) said that he had his monitor replaced and still had the issue. Now, I don't know if he returned the entire thing and got a new unit from a retailer. But if he just got a replacement from ACER, it is likely they would have asked him to keep the adapter and only return the panel. It's just speculation. Power adapters have come a long way since the days of needing different ones for 110V or 220V, but it won't surprise me today if they are unshielded and of poor quality for the sake of cost-cutting. Nor would I be surprised if the G-sync module is not shielded properly and capactive and inductive noises leak into the LCD functioning. All more complicated by the fact that some adapters are two pronged and not three.

EDIT: Funny how the horizontal lines are similar to the lines we could get on a CRT TV if the antenna was getting a noisy reception. We're now in the age of G-sync and digital serial comms with DP, yet it feels like we have come full circle (loosely speaking).

This is what I get with Pendulum demo :

Gsync OFF :

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2015/11/03/15110301595696304.jpg

Gsync ON :

http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2015/11/03/151103015957970090.jpg

100hz / 355.95 driver

You can easily see the difference.

In games, it's quite distracting depending of the situation, especially in GTA5 where fps can fluctuate from 40 to 80+. Scanlines tend to be more noticeable at lower fps and it's not visible anymore when fps are 95-100fps.

I have a second X34 (coming from Amazon France) and it's even worse and the whole screen is affected. That's why I'm not sure it's coming from Power Adapter but I'll try with the spare one to see if it helps.

That's a shame because apart from that, this monitor changes the gaming experience and I admit it's hard to reverse back to 16/9.
post #4966 of 6126
is this a dealbreaker for the peoples experiencing the scanlines ?
post #4967 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mad View Post

This is what I get with Pendulum demo :

Gsync OFF :

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2015/11/03/15110301595696304.jpg

Gsync ON :

http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2015/11/03/151103015957970090.jpg

100hz / 355.95 driver

You can easily see the difference.

In games, it's quite distracting depending of the situation, especially in GTA5 where fps can fluctuate from 40 to 80+. Scanlines tend to be more noticeable at lower fps and it's not visible anymore when fps are 95-100fps.

I have a second X34 (coming from Amazon France) and it's even worse and the whole screen is affected. That's why I'm not sure it's coming from Power Adapter but I'll try with the spare one to see if it helps.

That's a shame because apart from that, this monitor changes the gaming experience and I admit it's hard to reverse back to 16/9.

Yeah, the difference is very easy to notice.

One of us should really write to TFTcentral highlighting this problem. Whether they respond or not is a separate issue but we should take an initiative. They made a reference to the coil whine issue in their review which makes me believe they might listen.

PCPer is one of the best in that way because they took the time to investigate the pixel inversion issue with the PG278Q long after its release. I'd have written them myself with the pics provided by you and the three others on this thread but they have not reviewed the X34, only the freesync version.

Well, atleast it has been reported on the ACER forums but I think their To-Do list is massive at the moment.

I'm hoping to receive my monitor on Friday or Saturday and I'll share pictures with G-sync On. If I do not have the problem and can prove it with pictures, perhaps you guys can get your monitors replaced by ACER. And if I do, well, it still doesn't mean all units have the problem; just that I'm unlucky too.

I'm surprised no one who says they do not have the issue has helped by posting some pictures. It would help to know if it is really present on all units or at least to know if the degree to which it manifests is different on each unit.
Edited by Mountainlifter - 11/3/15 at 5:36am
post #4968 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post

Yeah, the difference is very easy to notice.

One of us should really write to TFTcentral highlighting this problem. Whether they respond or not is a separate issue but we should take an initiative. They made a reference to the coil whine issue in their review which makes me believe they might listen.

PCPer is one of the best in that way because they took the time to investigate the pixel inversion issue with the PG278Q long after its release. I'd have written them myself with the pics provided by you and the three others on this thread but they have not reviewed the X34, only the freesync version.

Well, atleast it has been reported on the ACER forums but I think their To-Do list is massive at the moment.

I'm hoping to receive my monitor on Friday or Saturday and I'll share pictures with G-sync On. If I do not have the problem and can prove it with pictures, perhaps you guys can get your monitors replaced by ACER. And if I do, well, it still doesn't mean all units have the problem; just that I'm unlucky too.

I'm surprised no one who says they do not have the issue has helped by posting some pictures. It would help to know if it is really present on all units or at least to know if the degree to which it manifests is different on each unit.

their review was written and submitted ages ago though... and they they only updated it once because the bluebanding issue was a global issue present in every monitor that had shipped, and there was a batch recall because of it. this scanline issue doesn't seem quite nearly as widespread.
post #4969 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by toncij View Post

People reporting blue banding in new batches. Any credit in that? What about that amazonit of yours?

 

I know of only 1 person so far (at least recently) that reported the issue. Do you know of more?

 

As long as it's only 1 I'm more inclined to think it was a monitor somehow missed, not returned with the recall or sold by some obscure shop that got it and was not aware of the issue.

post #4970 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post

hey man thanks for the protip. is this the website?
http://www.amazon.it/Acer-X34BMIPHZ-Luminosit%C3%A0-Risoluzione-Tecnologia/dp/B00X45CMO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446548269&sr=8-1&keywords=acer+x34+predator

i'm assuming the website is with VAT included?
how much did you pay for shipping in euros?

I paid 1064.75 euros. I took expedited shipping which put it at 1253 euro all included
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync