Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 506

post #5051 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

Sorry you are correct, my mistake.

I am not sure if the issues we're seeing with the X34 are panel related or perhaps more likely due to the fact it's a 60Hz native panel that has been overclocked to within an inch of its life. This can't always be a good thing.
that is the problem infact, overclock and scan lines = to much overclock. glad i did't buy into this.
post #5052 of 6126
I am currently on 358.59 (about to install .87) and performed the pendulum test. I didn't notice any horizontal lines with any of the provided display modes. Mine is overclocked to 100hz.

I also haven't noticed it in game at all (so far I've been playing mostly Witcher 3 and some Star Citizen)
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
Predator x34
(8 photos)
 
Reply
post #5053 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve101 View Post

Right so I had a quick look once again into the horizontal scan line issue.

Prior to updating my drivers I noticed scan line issues in the pendulum test. I also had it noticable when I played fishing planet.

After installing the latest nvidia drivers that were released yesterday, I still notice the lines in the pendulum test, however, I cant detect them at all in fishing planet anymore.

Now i couldnt give two ****s if the pendulum test does that as long as my gaming doesnt.

Can you guys share your findings after updating the drivers too thanks

Never tried that driver, will give it a try!
post #5054 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post

This is exciting news if driver updates are resolving the problem. We need more people (@drfish, you play fishing planet too) to confirm this to ensure it's not a one-off.

I knew that Nvidia was not just doing variable refresh rate but also doing some algorithms in the background to vary the pixel response too. And I suspected that this algorithm (not being tuned to widescreen or some other reason) was messing with the X34 and producing the scan lines. I assumed that the dynamic pixel response was coded in the G-sync firmware but if it is also in the drivers, it could explain how your game doesn't show the lines anymore.

(This is all speculation.)

EDIT: Wait, you said you installed the latest drivers. Did you remember to turn on G-sync in the NVCP after installation before going into the game? Just making sure
As far as I know, every monitor maker has to send their panel to Nvidia for G-sync certification before they allow it to be sold as a G-sync monitor. (source: one of the PCper videos with Tom Peterson).
So, I think they must have taken this panel through its paces for overclocking to 100Hz with G-sync. But just like Overclocking a CPU varies from unit to unit, despite their testing on a few panels, not all units coming out of the assembly line will be equally overclockable. In the case of these monitors, I don't know what is limiting the max refresh. G-sync electronics, panel properties, or DP bandwidth limitations?

I did indeed. I have the flashing red lights under the screen to confirm it aswell.
post #5055 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post

This is exciting news if driver updates are resolving the problem. We need more people (@drfish, you play fishing planet too) to confirm this to ensure it's not a one-off.

I'm sad to report that the new drivers seem to have the exact same problems, tested quickly in both the Pendulum Demo and Fishing Planet.

Edit: BTW, my monitor's MFG date is August 2015
Edited by drfish - 11/5/15 at 4:21am
post #5056 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfish View Post

I'm sad to report that the new drivers seem to have the exact same problems, tested quickly in both the Pendulum Demo and Fishing Planet.
Same, new drivers did not fix or help with the scanlines. I will be filing an RMA with newegg in the near future and be putting this monitor in the rear view mirror. I see others posting about this in the ACER forums with no resolution in sight. I just don't get how they could release this monitor like this, I noticed it immediately. I would say maybe a replacement can fix it but I am reading that even with replacements people are still having the same issue.
Edited by Striker444 - 11/5/15 at 6:36am
post #5057 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfish View Post

I'm sad to report that the new drivers seem to have the exact same problems, tested quickly in both the Pendulum Demo and Fishing Planet.

Edit: BTW, my monitor's MFG date is August 2015

Mine is September
post #5058 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker444 View Post

Same, new drivers did not fix or help with the scanlines. I will be filing an RMA with newegg in the near future and be putting this monitor in the rear view mirror. I see others posting about this in the ACER forums with no resolution in sight. I just don't get how they could release this monitor like this, I noticed it immediately. I would say maybe a replacement can fix it but I am reading that even with replacements people are still having the same issue.

This SUCKS. There's literally no other monitor out there that I'd rather have than this one but here I am thinking about returning it. If I send this back I'll probably just stop gaming for a few months because I won't want to use my old screen. frown.gif
post #5059 of 6126
i understand your feelings man. Imagine my situation - i bought this monitor ahead for my next years rig with Boradwell E + Pascal GPU, still about 5-6 months from now.

I will be able to test g sync only in 6 months time, since right now im running it with my 3 years old laptop with 680m and with DP 1.1 at 50 hz.

Only thing i can say, even now this monitor worth every penny, and i dont care about some barely visible lines that i might or might not notice, and only if specifically looking for it, i will just enjoy this monitor.

there is nothing out there even to be remotely close to this monitor, and to be honest its nearly impossible to find a perfect one anyway, so taking all into consideration, its well worth it.
post #5060 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladislavs View Post

i understand your feelings man. Imagine my situation - i bought this monitor ahead for my next years rig with Boradwell E + Pascal GPU, still about 5-6 months from now.

I will be able to test g sync only in 6 months time, since right now im running it with my 3 years old laptop with 680m and with DP 1.1 at 50 hz.

Only thing i can say, even now this monitor worth every penny, and i dont care about some barely visible lines that i might or might not notice, and only if specifically looking for it, i will just enjoy this monitor.

there is nothing out there even to be remotely close to this monitor, and to be honest its nearly impossible to find a perfect one anyway, so taking all into consideration, its well worth it.

I somewhat see what you are saying but I would rather take a clear VA panel with a higher refresh rate (for hundreds cheaper mind you) than a fuzzy/distorted IPS at a lower refresh rate any day. I know some folks don't have the issue as bad as me, IE. Vega, that's fine, but if I have the chance to return a defective product I am going to take it. If they get a fix out later sure, I will give it another go, but at the moment there is absolutely no word from ACER that they will address this issue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync