Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync - Page 521

post #5201 of 6126
So has anyone registered the product with Acer yet? I purchased mine at Microcenter and in the event of a return I wonder if i can return it to store and have them handle the process.

Best situation would be wait it out until Asus is released, return to microcenter for store credit and go home with the Asus. Maybe erock can elaborate if this would be a possibility?

In the event of a recall how long do we have to get them refunded/exchanged?

Also as in my previous post could someone explain how to attempt the hair dryer blb fix? If the monitor is recalled and i have legal reason to return it, i think i will at least try to calm the back light bleed.
Gaming Rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.4 Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 7950 X 2 @ 1175/1600 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DrivePower
256GB PLEXTOR SSD 2 x 1TB WD STORAGE Seasonic gold 1050 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.4 Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 7950 X 2 @ 1175/1600 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DrivePower
256GB PLEXTOR SSD 2 x 1TB WD STORAGE Seasonic gold 1050 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5202 of 6126
Right so i just had my X34 delivered and tested it out, here are my findings and impression:

- Is the DP cable included? because i could not find that with the monitor
- Coming from Asus Swift TN input lag is definitely there tried BF4 it's slightly more then Asus, but UT and Borderlands 2 definitely had more, for example i would definitely not use this monitor for UT competitive Asus felt so much better. Also tried lowering resolution it helped a bit but not to much.
- G-Sync problem is also there.
- Colour are really good much better then Swift
- AG coating much better, i can make out detail much better then i did with Swift TN
- Waking display from sleep half screen is dark (for me that does not bother)
- BLB is there but not sure if thats bothering my to much or not. but when you pay £1000 i would say to much
- Not able to reach 100hz with my 970 screen flickers like crazy, only 95hz works.

All in all especialy the input lag was to high for me i'm going to return this monitor. And looking maybe at Dell
Gaming
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz Geforce GTX 970 OC 16GB 840 Pro 256GB SSD + WD 500GB 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift Zowie EC2 EVO CL QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz Geforce GTX 970 OC 16GB 840 Pro 256GB SSD + WD 500GB 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift Zowie EC2 EVO CL QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5203 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post

Right so i just had my X34 delivered and tested it out, here are my findings and impression:

- Is the DP cable included? because i could not find that with the monitor
- Coming from Asus Swift TN input lag is definitely there tried BF4 it's slightly more then Asus, but UT and Borderlands 2 definitely had more, for example i would definitely not use this monitor for UT competitive Asus felt so much better. Also tried lowering resolution it helped a bit but not to much.
- G-Sync problem is also there.
- Colour are really good much better then Swift
- AG coating much better, i can make out detail much better then i did with Swift TN
- Waking display from sleep half screen is dark (for me that does not bother)
- BLB is there but not sure if thats bothering my to much or not. but when you pay £1000 i would say to much
- Not able to reach 100hz with my 970 screen flickers like crazy, only 95hz works.

All in all especialy the input lag was to high for me i'm going to return this monitor. And looking maybe at Dell

Are you sure about input lag? TFTCentral found that input lag on the X34 is actually only 3ms higher than the Swift, but both monitors are nearly input lag free to begin with.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/acer_predator_x34/lag.jpg

if you can feel the difference between 2ms and 5ms of input lag then maybe you should get a CRT with 0ms input lag biggrin.gif
X99
(14 items)
 
Z370
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k Msi X99S SLI Plus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda 4TB 7200rpm LG 55B7A OLED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K63 Wireless Corsair RM1000 Corsair 750D Logitech G900 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250ohm Objective ODAC+O2 Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k Msi Z370-A Pro EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 512GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Cryorig H7 Windows 10  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell S2417DG HP Omen X35 Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue Cooler Master V750 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Cooler Master H500P Logitech G402 AKG K7XX SMSL M6 DAC/AMP Combo 
  hide details  
Reply
X99
(14 items)
 
Z370
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k Msi X99S SLI Plus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda 4TB 7200rpm LG 55B7A OLED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K63 Wireless Corsair RM1000 Corsair 750D Logitech G900 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250ohm Objective ODAC+O2 Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k Msi Z370-A Pro EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 512GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Cryorig H7 Windows 10  
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell S2417DG HP Omen X35 Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue Cooler Master V750 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Cooler Master H500P Logitech G402 AKG K7XX SMSL M6 DAC/AMP Combo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5204 of 6126
So about the recall. I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I bought this monitor from NCIX with express RMA. What is the process to get the monitor fixed with the new firmware/get a replacement monitor with the new firmware as an individual?

Do I need to go through NCIX or do I have to contact Acer?
Is there a specific page I need to go to?
Do I have to pay for shipping myself or will a shipping form be provided for me?
Can I get a hold put on my credit card for the price of the monitor put on my card, have them send me an already firmware fixed model, I send them mine and the credit card hold be removed?

Thank you
post #5205 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiaksl View Post

So about the recall. I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I bought this monitor from NCIX with express RMA. What is the process to get the monitor fixed with the new firmware/get a replacement monitor with the new firmware as an individual?

Do I need to go through NCIX or do I have to contact Acer?
Is there a specific page I need to go to?
Do I have to pay for shipping myself or will a shipping form be provided for me?
Can I get a hold put on my credit card for the price of the monitor put on my card, have them send me an already firmware fixed model, I send them mine and the credit card hold be removed?

Thank you

Do you actually have an issue with the monitor not waking from sleep? It seems people are going completely overboard with this 'recall' thing. All Acer are doing here is offering to fix a specific issue that some users won't even come across. smile.gif
post #5206 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaSparkul View Post

Are you sure about input lag? TFTCentral found that input lag on the X34 is actually only 3ms higher than the Swift, but both monitors are nearly input lag free to begin with.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/acer_predator_x34/lag.jpg

if you can feel the difference between 2ms and 5ms of input lag then maybe you should get a CRT with 0ms input lag biggrin.gif

lol you might be right i need CRT smile.gif i was wandering same thing i know what TFTCentral measured but maybe this is what i feel then? i know on BF4 i was getting 144hz all the time on this monitor it's 95hz but it does feel that there is more input lag. But UT was the biggest that i've noticed same goes for Borderlands 2
Gaming
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz Geforce GTX 970 OC 16GB 840 Pro 256GB SSD + WD 500GB 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift Zowie EC2 EVO CL QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz Geforce GTX 970 OC 16GB 840 Pro 256GB SSD + WD 500GB 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift Zowie EC2 EVO CL QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5207 of 6126
Update:

About the input lag, apologies i had V-Sync on thats why i was getting lag, when i turned that off everything is fine.

But also i found that i'm still getting screen tearing when V-Sync is Off and G-Sync is On this is with no more then 95fps. Monitor also shows that G-Sync is active
Gaming
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz Geforce GTX 970 OC 16GB 840 Pro 256GB SSD + WD 500GB 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift Zowie EC2 EVO CL QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz Geforce GTX 970 OC 16GB 840 Pro 256GB SSD + WD 500GB 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift Zowie EC2 EVO CL QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5208 of 6126
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfordcobra View Post

Well I wouldn't go that far about acer taking notes. Their PG279 lauch is ALMOST just as bad as the x34. They didn't take any notes from the rog swift. They just put 21 more HZ on the SAME panel with a new shell. Asus and acer are horrible but there just aren't any choices now.

 

If I recall right the panel in the PG279Q is NOT the same as the XB270HU, they are using a different version which is also what Acer will probably use for their newer XB271HU.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCM2 View Post


Do you actually have an issue with the monitor not waking from sleep? It seems people are going completely overboard with this 'recall' thing. All Acer are doing here is offering to fix a specific issue that some users won't even come across. smile.gif

 

I think that the WFS issue by itself is not big, however, if they are doing a mass recall to replace a piece of hardware it makes me think there is a deeper major root issue with it. Acer was able to get a monitor where to replace the WFS issue only this week basically, and sent the monitor to Nvidia for further analysis. This recall is being done really quickly, even faster than the one made for the blue banding fix (which only affected the first alternate.de stock).

post #5209 of 6126
So what mount would someone recommend I get for 2-3 monitors with this monitor? The stand on this monitor really encroaches on my space so I'd like to get a vesa mount. But man is this monitor a huge step up from my QNIX.
post #5210 of 6126
Yes, I made the difficult choice to ship mine back to Newegg. Not because I couldn't live with the WFS issues, but because it's very likely indicative of a deeper problem. Keep in mind, they wouldn't issue a mass recall for a something so negligible. Not to make a mountain out of a molehill, but maybe they found this issue to shorten the lifespan of the monitor, catch fire, etc. Seems much more likely given their reaction to a little WFS issue. We'll probably see a press release in a few days I assume.

Acer's not known for the best QC, but I will say I was impressed by their customer service and quick ownership of the issues. I was still in my refund window, so that was the best option, but I'll be back once the bugs are taken care of.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [TFTCentral] Acer Predator XR341CK 34" Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync