Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core X Case Owners Club: X1, X2, X9, X9 Snow Ed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thermaltake Core X Case Owners Club: X1, X2, X9, X9 Snow Ed. - Page 308

post #3071 of 4145
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSmoker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post


Why cover the top 3 when you can just cut them off and solder the wires right at the top of the res?

D.

It would make it easier to bend them as i'm using the farbwerk and the connections from AC, also the strips are the AC ip67.

if i cut them just above the res they would hit the side wall. Soldering is not smart as i need to be able to disassemble them easy.

And yes it's s slight variation of your light mod. The Revoltec katodes was not at all red as i wanted them to be so,,,farbwerk + ledstrips


I guess there's part of a bigger picture I'm not seeing here, and strangely the quoted message seems to have additions to the post as I read it . . weird . .

Seeing as how you're using the stock AC connector wires with the clip on ends, I see what you're getting at.

I use the same wires, but always just solder to the strips with a short heatshrink over the soldered connections.

They are still easy enough to remove if need be.

If you're using clear coolant, the led strips will be fine, if it's colored coolant, leds suck, and you need white cathodes . . . learned that with my S8 build.
post #3072 of 4145
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

I guess there's part of a bigger picture I'm not seeing here, and strangely the quoted message seems to have additions to the post as I read it . . weird . .

Seeing as how you're using the stock AC connector wires with the clip on ends, I see what you're getting at.

I use the same wires, but always just solder to the strips with a short heatshrink over the soldered connections.

They are still easy enough to remove if need be.

If you're using clear coolant, the led strips will be fine, if it's colored coolant, leds suck, and you need white cathodes . . . learned that with my S8 build.

I'm using clear coolent, wont have my cpu cooler all cloged up with all that nasty color, as it has a lot of small pins inside. Trying to make a little test with one of the strips....see if i can get it all connected with another powersupply.


Havent dammaged the strip yet, had to be a litte ruff on it to make it fit, it's a tight squeeze.
Edited by NightSmoker - 6/25/16 at 1:47pm
post #3073 of 4145
looks way better than katode light :-)
post #3074 of 4145
Thread Starter 
I'm using the Farbwerk and AC strips as well, just using the plain, non ip67 ones though, since they fit in 10mm ID tube.





post #3075 of 4145
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

I'm using the Farbwerk and AC strips as well, just using the plain, non ip67 ones though, since they fit in 10mm ID tube.

The ip67 should also fitt with 10mm width, but had to pull them thrug with a string, so dammaged the first row of leds due to string strangled them, but just cut of first row and all is fine.

Are the non ip67 not also 10mm, or do they run smooth thrugh a tube ?
post #3076 of 4145
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSmoker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

I'm using the Farbwerk and AC strips as well, just using the plain, non ip67 ones though, since they fit in 10mm ID tube.

The ip67 should also fitt with 10mm width, but had to pull them thrug with a string, so dammaged the first row of leds due to string strangled them, but just cut of first row and all is fine.

Are the non ip67 not also 10mm, or do they run smooth thrugh a tube ?


They are also listed as 10mm, but without that silicone covering, they seem more compact and don't stick to the tubing.

I can usually push them in from the top if I stick them back to back really perfectly in line.

At worst, I have to push the side edge of the last few leds with a tiny screw driver or piece of PCB material, as they are almost all the way in.

But I can always get the strips in and out without having to disassemble anything so I can alternate between strips and cathodes.
post #3077 of 4145
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

They are also listed as 10mm, but without that silicone covering, they seem more compact and don't stick to the tubing.

I can usually push them in from the top if I stick them back to back really perfectly in line.

At worst, I have to push the side edge of the last few leds with a tiny screw driver or piece of PCB material, as they are almost all the way in.

But I can always get the strips in and out without having to disassemble anything so I can alternate between strips and cathodes.

Mine is stuck for good :-), must be that layer of silicone that makes the difference, i just thought that i better pick the ip67 being in a res.
post #3078 of 4145
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSmoker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

They are also listed as 10mm, but without that silicone covering, they seem more compact and don't stick to the tubing.

I can usually push them in from the top if I stick them back to back really perfectly in line.

At worst, I have to push the side edge of the last few leds with a tiny screw driver or piece of PCB material, as they are almost all the way in.

But I can always get the strips in and out without having to disassemble anything so I can alternate between strips and cathodes.

Mine is stuck for good :-), must be that layer of silicone that makes the difference, i just thought that i better pick the ip67 being in a res.


Looks fine, so nothing to worry about, really.
post #3079 of 4145
Thanks, but i was thinking that it might be a good idea to weld some wires on to the strip, then make a pwm connector to both ends, would make it really simple to disconnect.
post #3080 of 4145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennoir View Post

Thanks NightSmoker, ITAngel and Deedaz, those pics are great


Deedaz, since you have both, are you able to comment on the differences (other than the size). Is there any features missing from the X5

You are most welcome. I was trying to find my Corsair Air 540 picture to show you a comparison of those two but I can't seem to locate it. XD
STUDIO PC
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Threadripper 1920X ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming PowerColor VEGA 64 Corsair Vengance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR... SAMSUNG EVO 850 3TB Seagate HDD EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-XRES 100 Revo EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) (Bundle Package)  EK D5 PWM (Bundle Package) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Double) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK-FC Radeon Vega Windows 10 HP OMEN 25" FHD 144Hz HP OMEN 25" FHD 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gam... EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gami... 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Generic Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio (1st GENERATION) ...  Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Focurite Scarlett CM25 Mic 
Audio
Focurite Scarlett Studio HP60 
  hide details  
Reply
STUDIO PC
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Threadripper 1920X ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming PowerColor VEGA 64 Corsair Vengance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR... SAMSUNG EVO 850 3TB Seagate HDD EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-XRES 100 Revo EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) (Bundle Package)  EK D5 PWM (Bundle Package) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Double) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK-FC Radeon Vega Windows 10 HP OMEN 25" FHD 144Hz HP OMEN 25" FHD 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gam... EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gami... 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Generic Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio (1st GENERATION) ...  Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Focurite Scarlett CM25 Mic 
Audio
Focurite Scarlett Studio HP60 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core X Case Owners Club: X1, X2, X9, X9 Snow Ed.